Notice Served: West Coast ARE the Real Deal.

West Coast in 2005

• A flag?

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • Top Four?

Votes: 73 41.0%
  • Top Two?

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • Top 8?.

Votes: 37 20.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plead with all people on here........when UNIT makes a post or starts a thread, just don't read it. It's impossible to talk to someone who thinks they are right and not open to critisim.

The short answer is, let UNIT answer his own threads, even though alot is BS and annoys everyone it doesnt matter what we say, he thinks he is correct on everything and can't concede when he is wrong or out of line. I too was shocked to see UNIT is 27.......actually i was stunned, i too thought he was in the 12-16 age group, but there you go.

So overall, if UNIT says something intelligent then answer it, but for all the other times like this thread just don't reply. If people hadn't of replied to this thread it would have quickly disapeared.

I am not going to bother to point out what everyone thinks of UNIT, i think it's been posted enough, even from WCE supporters, you know you are out of line when your own thinks your over the top.

FOR GOD SAKE! JUST DONT ANSWER UNIT NO MATTER HOW INSIGHTFUL THE POST IS!

portentous said:
Says he who starts a poll about where his side will finish and doesnt' include "outside the top 8" ??

I have heaps of respect for the Eagles but NONE for you.......

yeh thats about sums up my thoughts too.

bunsen burner said:
I don't think it's an issue. Yet.

In the last three finals we have been underdogs, played away, and had too many inexerienced kids. Assuming we make the finals the Glasses, Hunters, Lynches etc will have a few more games of experience up their sleeves. If we make the finals comfortably and lose a final then we'll be right under the pump.

I think it still is an issue to be honest. We broke down in two areas in that Wizard Cup Final. Defense and Full Forward. Its dangerous for us to just rely on midfielders and Fido to kick winning scores. We need someone at FF to stand up and preferably before September. Ill go with a name out of the box as someone worth trying, Adam Hunter.

weagles_fan said:
Hansen?He has arguably been the best CHF so far this season.Lynch kicked 4 goals on the weekend when he actually held on to some marks.Glass is a solid FB,Hunter looked the goods on the weekend.Took some very nice grabs.Where are the weaknesses?you point them out to me exactly.

Umm did you read my post at all - I made the point that you had some players that looked the goods.

Your backline is nothing without Wirrpunda and Glass. You point out Glass as being solid but solid isn't top class. CHB is a big weakness. Hansen has been good so far this year (as i mentioned) but 5 games doesn't make a player a gun.

Lynch can kick and can mark but unless he grows a brain he'll never consistently be a worry. Has unlimited potential (god i hate that word) and if you could get him to fire consistently I think you could be unstoppable.

These at this stage are what ifs however, wait and see how the season unfolds.

i think lynch proved that even a moron could play FF for the eagles and kick a few goals. The delivery is what matters most.. so maybe you could put your hand up for FF UNIT.

auste1234 said:
I plead with all people on here........when UNIT makes a post or starts a thread, just don't read it. It's impossible to talk to someone who thinks they are right and not open to critisim.

The short answer is, let UNIT answer his own threads, even though alot is BS and annoys everyone it doesnt matter what we say, he thinks he is correct on everything and can't concede when he is wrong or out of line. I too was shocked to see UNIT is 27.......actually i was stunned, i too thought he was in the 12-16 age group, but there you go.

So overall, if UNIT says something intelligent then answer it, but for all the other times like this thread just don't reply. If people hadn't of replied to this thread it would have quickly disapeared.

I am not going to bother to point out what everyone thinks of UNIT, i think it's been posted enough, even from WCE supporters, you know you are out of line when your own thinks your over the top.

Garbage. Ill always admit when im wrong. Always. Ill always apologize when im out of line. At least im prepared to stand here and go back at however many of you are coming for me now. I dont hide behind anything.

Rave Slave said:
Your side is more reliant now than ever on its midfield. The difference now being your midfield has far more depth than it ever has.

You have some younger guys up forward especially who look promising but potential does not maketh an AFL footballer.

Your side has obvious weaknesses both forward and down back. The fact that your midfield is streaks ahead of any other in the competition at the moment (barring probably St Kildas) covers this to an extent.
The advantage of our midfield is that it instills confidence in our younger players and fringe players. We all know that flag sides have a core of 7-10 stars and the rest are average players who are able to ride the coat tails (i.e. your Caracellas, Copelands, Blumfields, Pierces etc).

I see West Coasts main threat being the fitness of their young list come September. Worsfold seems very good at managing this (i.e. doesn't hesitate to rest a top if they have a niggle) and I guess he has the luxury of doing it given our midfield depth. But four Wizza Cup games and 22 rounds might test the endurance of our Hansens, Jones, Selwoods etc.

skipper kelly said:
Is that one of those oxymorons

Actually, just think how much bandwidth BF would save if we didnt reply to UNIT.... it's mind boggling :)

I am just waiting for unit to rip my post apart, but it doesnt bother me, cos at the end of the day 9.9/10 people share the same opinion about him

bunsen burner said:
The advantage of our midfield is that it instills confidence in our younger players and fringe players. We all know that flag sides have a core of 7-10 stars and the rest are average players who are able to ride the coat tails (i.e. your Caracellas, Copelands, Blumfields, Pierces etc).

I see West Coasts main threat being the fitness of their young list come September. Worsfold seems very good at managing this (i.e. doesn't hesitate to rest a top if they have a niggle) and I guess he has the luxury of doing it given our midfield depth. But four Wizza Cup games and 22 rounds might test the endurance of our Hansens, Jones, Selwoods etc.

Maybe but id doubt it. WC train hard and i dont expect them to drop off until the final siren sounds come September. Under Woosha, fitness has never been an issue for WC IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

auste1234 said:
I am just waiting for unit to rip my post apart, but it doesnt bother me, cos at the end of the day 9.9/10 people share the same opinion about him

It is embarrassing. Some people would like to discuss whether West Coast are the real deal, but tossers like UNIT make it impossible. Hes just another troll.

BTW. Something BB referred to in his post is spot on the money. 4 wiz cup 22 home and away, likely at least 2 finals. Its a long time to be up, considering the current level they are playing at.

UNIT said:
Garbage. Ill always admit when im wrong. Always. Ill always apologize when im out of line. At least im prepared to stand here and go back at however many of you are coming for me now. I dont hide behind anything.

Come on buddy, get off the grass.
You never admit your wrong, alot of your posts are out of line and you never apologise. Don't you get it? your own WCE supporters don't agree with you..... i don't know you personally and have never really gotten into the debate....... but i just don't think you get it!

Oh ********!!!!!!!!!!!1
I just replied to his post.....i promise i wont again

skipper kelly said:
It is embarrassing. Some people would like to discuss whether West Coast are the real deal, but tossers like UNIT make it impossible. Hes just another troll.

BTW. Something BB referred to in his post is spot on the money. 4 wiz cup 22 home and away, likely at least 2 finals. Its a long time to be up, considering the current level they are playing at.
They will drop a few before the finals by resting players IMO.

Rave Slave said:
Umm did you read my post at all - I made the point that you had some players that looked the goods.

Your backline is nothing without Wirrpunda and Glass. You point out Glass as being solid but solid isn't top class. CHB is a big weakness. Hansen has been good so far this year (as i mentioned) but 5 games doesn't make a player a gun.

Lynch can kick and can mark but unless he grows a brain he'll never consistently be a worry. Has unlimited potential (god i hate that word) and if you could get him to fire consistently I think you could be unstoppable.

These at this stage are what ifs however, wait and see how the season unfolds.
CHB weakness?Hunter seemed to do quite well there on the weekend.Very impressed by his marking ability in defence.Maybe on the bigger bodies we could switch him and Lynch around.Would do a decent job I think.

skipper kelly said:
And often the team who's up at this stage of the year is not the team that's in peak form come the first week of September. Especially a young team who has only just moved into real contender status.

I do like the way how Worsfold manages his list. Didn't hesitate to rest Cousins and Kerr. If Glass or Hansen get an injury such decisions will be a bit harder.

auste1234 said:
Actually, just think how much bandwidth BF would save if we didnt reply to UNIT.... it's mind boggling :)

Isnt it ironic that three or four Dockers supporters feel they can speak for all of BigFooty (and its West Coast contingent). And West Coast supporters are supposed to be arrogant?. And as for the groundswell of hatred coming at me from WC supporters...who Niall and a few others. Real 9/10 majority there.

weagles_fan said:
They will drop a few before the finals by resting players IMO.

Im quite sure they will drop a few. Probably not this week though. A slump is most likely to occur at some stage. How they rebound from this is the wait and see question. But if that slump doesnt occur then you blokes are in it up to your ears.

bunsen burner said:

Ah some common sense argument finally :)

No way am I disputing that West Coast are a quality side as I think they're already proving themselves to be a top 3 side this season.

Their midfield can overrun just about any in the comp. (especially at Subi)

The key will be to rest up the youngsters (as you stated) and if they hit a dry patch then give them a week or 2 back in the WAFL to get their confidence back.

I think your best crack at the flag will probably be next year and the year after anyway, but for a developmental year you guys are certainly looking dangerous.

weagles_fan said:
CHB weakness?Hunter seemed to do quite well there on the weekend.Very impressed by his marking ability in defence.Maybe on the bigger bodies we could switch him and Lynch around.Would do a decent job I think.
It's still a weakness. We don't have a Leppisch or Cornes. Players who can do the job 17-18 times per season. And that's what you need to win a flag in most seasons.

Don't forget there was no Jonathon Brown on the weekend.

bunsen burner said:
And often the team who's up at this stage of the year is not the team that's in peak form come the first week of September. Especially a young team who has only just moved into real contender status.

I do like the way how Worsfold manages his list. Didn't hesitate to rest Cousins and Kerr. If Glass or Hansen get an injury such decisions will be a bit harder.

I agree.
Its a good concern to have, I wish my team had it, but it would seem nearly impossible for the kids in the team to keep up this momentum for 30 weeks.

The eagles are certainly a chance to go 12-0.......but i would expect an upset loss or two in the next 2 months..... I think the eagles will be 10-2 or 9-3 come round 12.

I no longer think our cross town rivals weakness is the forward line, Hansen is playing very good footy, but i think it's still shutting down the oppositions KPP's.... As good as glass is i dont think he can consistently match it with the big KPP's over 4 quarters.

So in the short term i think tredders, brown, Llyod etc will hurt them, unless the mid-field really pushes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back