Notice Served: West Coast ARE the Real Deal.

West Coast in 2005

• A flag?

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • Top Four?

Votes: 73 41.0%
  • Top Two?

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • Top 8?.

Votes: 37 20.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rave Slave said:
I think your best crack at the flag will probably be next year and the year after anyway, but for a developmental year you guys are certainly looking dangerous.
West Coast have currently the 2nd youngest list in the AFL at around 22.4 and the youngest team consistently each week.If they are already so good this means there is a decade to come of this for us Eagles fans :D

The biggest downside of having such a young side is that it's easy for them to lose confidence in themselves and each other if they cop a few hidings. Sure you have to rest players, but you also have to protect your current game plan and the teams' morale at the same time. It's a pretty fine line.....

Rave Slave said:
Ah some common sense argument finally :)

No way am I disputing that West Coast are a quality side as I think they're already proving themselves to be a top 3 side this season.

Their midfield can overrun just about any in the comp. (especially at Subi)

The key will be to rest up the youngsters (as you stated) and if they hit a dry patch then give them a week or 2 back in the WAFL to get their confidence back.

I think your best crack at the flag will probably be next year and the year after anyway, but for a developmental year you guys are certainly looking dangerous.

If you actually talk to me, instead of just telling me how i am a useless troll, joining in with others to stick the boot in, and going on about how full of sxxx i am, and allow me to justify my opinions you may be suprised about what im really actually like.

Rave Slave said:
The key will be to rest up the youngsters (as you stated) and if they hit a dry patch then give them a week or 2 back in the WAFL to get their confidence back.

There is a rotation policy in place already. We've had Kerr and Cousins feigning injuries as instructed by Woosha so they can give someone else a go. :D

weagles_fan said:
West Coast have currently the 2nd youngest list in the AFL at around 22.4
This stat is misleading, however this one:

and the youngest team consistently each week.If they are already so good this means there is a decade to come of this for us Eagles fans :D
is on the money.

The good thing for the Eagles is that most of their stars are young and in a similar age group. Makes a huge difference that most just don't seem to be able to comprehend.

weagles_fan said:
West Coast have currently the 2nd youngest list in the AFL at around 22.4 and the youngest team consistently each week.If they are already so good this means there is a decade to come of this for us Eagles fans :D

The AFL is cyclic, hate to burst your bubble there tiny but You'll have 3-5 years success tops. Players leave, players have career changing injuries, players you thought were gonna be superstars never take the next step. It's the way footy works.

UNIT said:
If you actually talk to me, instead of just telling me how i am a useless troll, joining in with others to stick the boot in, and going on about how full of sxxx i am, and allow me to justify my opinions you may be suprised about what im really actually like.

This is a good start for everyone, just don't take the bait

Rave Slave said:
The AFL is cyclic, hate to burst your bubble there tiny but You'll have 3-5 years success tops. Players leave, players have career changing injuries, players you thought were gonna be superstars never take the next step. It's the way footy works.
If players leave we get new ones of the same calibre.....

skipper kelly said:
justify this

Sure. The Swans won because they played a game (helped by the dire conditions) that was the worst possible thing for WC's free running, somewhat unaccountable footy. You exposed a few of our blokes at the back, and its hard to come from behind in the wet. You guys were too good on the night. I have no problem saying that.

But i wont accept that that win makes you a better side than us. On the night yes of course, but over a season...no. If you guys finish above us this year though, feel free to bring this up and ill glady admit i was wrong.

Rave Slave said:
That's why having the majority of your stars at a young and similar age is a huge advantage. Brisbane and Port were both in that situation. The key is keeping the group together and relatively injury free.

But as you say, a 3-5 year window of opportunity is as good as it gets.

portentous said:
There aren't many Chris Judd's running around you know? :rolleyes:
Well then we wouldn't trade him!The depth of the Eagles midfield is great so even without Judd yes they will be worse off,but wont have too great an impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

auste1234 said:
This is a good start for everyone, just don't take the bait

Who are you? Do we actually know each other, or are you one of these people who doesnt have a mind of their own and just joins in blindly with the mob just to fit in? You have no idea what i really, honestly think about the Dockers do you? You dont know what i say to get a reaction, and what i actually believe. When you work that out, come back to me.

UNIT said:
Sure. The Swans won because they played a game (helped by the dire conditions) that was the worst possible thing for WC's free running, somewhat unaccountable footy. You exposed a few of our blokes at the back, and its hard to come from behind in the wet. You guys were too good on the night. I have no problem saying that.

But i wont accept that that win makes you a better side than us. On the night yes of course, but over a season...no. If you guys finish above us this year though, feel free to bring this up and ill glady admit i was wrong.

The Swans won that final because they were the better side. Im sure you do realise this is now 2005 and what relevance that final has to WC's current form is zilch. I am bemused that you would even mention it.

UNIT said:
You have no idea what i really, honestly think about the Dockers do you? You dont know what i say to get a reaction, and what i actually believe. When you work that out, come back to me.

what a ridiculous post.

Weagle Fan said:
If players leave we get new ones of the same calibre.....

portentous said:
There aren't many Chris Judd's running around you know? :rolleyes:

Weagles Fan makes a good point. If a good player leaves, in most circumstances we would get a player of equal value in return. I don't think Judd will be leaving until the window of opportunity passes anyway.

An important aspect is that because our top 22 is so young and of similar age, we're not going to lose anyone to retirement that we can' replace. The only person who will be retiring in the next few years is Banfield. Further on, Chick. Both players are solid, but are replaceable. It's not like we're losing an Archer or Paul Williams.

And that's why St Kilda and West Coast have the two most apetising lists at the moment.

portentous said:
You mean like we didn't "trade" Nick Stevens?? :rolleyes:
Alright say the Eagles were hypothetically forced to trade him.If he went to someone like St.Kilda then we would get a Hayes+Koschitzke deal or something like that.Would that really disadvantage us to a great extent?

skipper kelly said:
The Swans won that final because they were the better side. Im sure you do realise this is now 2005 and what relevance that final has to WC's current form is zilch. I am bemused that you would even mention it.

Like i said i mentioned it because i remebered having an argument with you about our chances for 2005, and you said this and that about us....i just filed it away. When i made this thread, i just remembered what you said...thats why i mentioned 'the Swans supporters'.

weagles_fan said:
Well then we wouldn't trade him!The depth of the Eagles midfield is great so even without Judd yes they will be worse off,but wont have too great an impact.

Yes. Taking Chris Judd out of your side would have little or no impact.

:rolleyes:

skipper kelly said:
what a ridiculous post.

Not as ridiculous as the bloke who would profess to despise me, yet find himself unable to leave the thread and do something better with his time.

And whats ridiculous about it. A lot of people mix elements of brash hyperbole and cockiness into their posting, but when you actually have a chat about the game you realize where reality lies. Im like that.

UNIT said:
Who are you? Do we actually know each other, or are you one of these people who doesnt have a mind of their own and just joins in blindly with the mob just to fit in? You have no idea what i really, honestly think about the Dockers do you? You dont know what i say to get a reaction, and what i actually believe. When you work that out, come back to me.

All i will do is smile :) like i said, nothing anyone says can convince you otherwise once your mind is set on something. I will leave it at that, and give you nothing to fire me back at

Rave Slave said:
Yes. Taking Chris Judd out of your side would have little or no impact.

:rolleyes:
I said it would have an impact,just not to a great extent like many people seem to think.

UNIT said:
Like i said i mentioned it because i remebered having an argument with you about our chances for 2005, and you said this and that about us....i just filed it away. When i made this thread, i just remembered what you said...thats why i mentioned 'the Swans supporters'.

Why dont you PM me if you want to rub my face in something. Its pointless and embarassing otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back