Nova 100 - Who is the mystery footballer?

Remove this Banner Ad

ECHUCABOY said:
nah i was assuming petrie was guessed this morning so im gana go with nathan thompson, heard someone saying he was definetly it so just tryin to get in first!!!! ;)

Two of the guesses this morning were Nathan Thompson and Mark Ricciuto. Both were wrong.

ECHUCABOY said:
Thanks mate. should be very interesting this week.

Thanks for the "get a kick echucaboy" calls from the boundary, very much appreciated ;) .

Well wasn't much scope for giving you much of a spray considering the shellacking you were giving us........ :rolleyes:

peejay said:
Nathan Thompson - iconic - huh?

If you think about it cryptically, the Iconic part has nothing to do with the actual player :rolleyes: More about maybe the club surrounding the player.... just a thought.

There are some good guesses on here. One could be right. When the answer is revealed, and the clues are explained - it will seem so obvious.

Clues like "iconic" will mean a lot more. I'm sure that Iconic doesn't mean "He's an icon at the club". It's far more cryptic than that.

Whoever said the reference about Holdens, Hills Hoist etc could be closer to the money. The "dish" is a good one too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, It is obvious to me that it is a player from North Melbourne, clues suggesting this is Just you wait and see, came east to go North.

Current player

197 could be Michael Stevens 179cm, doesn't have to be in order, Corey McKernan 197cm

Go ahead and Jump, thinking Corey McKernan again, as he rucks, as well as he might as well jump before North delist him at seasons end.

Cattledog perhaps refers to Drew Petrie as he was most likely a bit of a country boy in Ballarat. But Ballarat is not east from North.

2nd Time Lucky may also refer to McKernan, in that he went back to North after Carlton, hoping it would be second time lucky. It hasn't been.

Sorry Bombers, may refer to Shane Harvey who came from the Bombers.

All these relate to one or two clues but no more.

Problem with it being Petrie is he didn't come from the west direction. Sorry Bombers does not fit in anyway. Take that Bucks is baffling for most of them.

Also Cattledog, can't be about the coach, it has to relate to the player.

.D9. said:
Problem with it being Petrie is he didn't come from the west direction. Sorry Bombers does not fit in anyway. Take that Bucks is baffling for most of them.

His draft pick was traded by Adelaide for Evan Hewitt.

.D9. said:

Also Cattledog, can't be about the coach, it has to relate to the player.

Sorry Bombers could relate to the fact that Ronnie Andrews is his uncle
Take that Bucks was given just after North flew home last week to beat Collingwood with Bucks missing a relatively easy shot that would probably have sealed the game.

Jaymin said:
Its a current player.

What the hell does Van Halen's Jump have to do with Drew Petrie?

If you heard the clue as I did, they played the siren then the words, jump go ahead jump. Now Drew Petrie, the ruckman, jumps, ie: the siren sounds, the ball is bounced/thrown up and Drew 'jumps' to tap the ball out, does he not? Quite a fitting clue me thinks ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nova 100 - Who is the mystery footballer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back