adelcrows

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2001
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool,Yankees,E Freo!
How could this have happened, losing to the Kangas, Top Two, Seeya later and now we need to win next week to maintain a top four spot. I CANT BELEIVE IT!!!!!!

FAAAAAAARRRRRKKKKKEEEENNNNN HELLLL.
:( :( :( :( :(

Jason

Its what happens when you can't match your opponents commitment and desperation - as well better decision making and execution [apart from goal kicking].

I'd say afer a good start, heads got too big for boots!! - perhaps some of them fancied the afternoon inside by the fire once hte rain set in!

We are crap!!!!!! With that sort of effert and performance the only thing we are capable of winning is the wooden spoon. How dumb can we get.

Coaching staff have to take a good hard look at themselves. Bringing in 3 underdone players for such an important game. Stevens was absolutely crap today and didn't give a yelp. Welsh was the same. Massie did OK but neither of those 3 could run out the full game. This is notr the time to muck around with your structure or line up. Only one of those should have played and the other 2 would have been better off having a run in the SANFL.

Unless we forget about this crappy style of going wide to the flanks and going wide into the forward line, we will be creamed by Port and will get kicked out of the finals in the forst week. For ****s sake its a wet weather footy. Kick it long and direct none of this chip around the flanks bullshit that we do whenever we are under pressure.

This game was the one that would shape our season yet we playes like a bunch of pussies that were not prepared to do the hard yards. As a result you can kiss out premiership hopes alive. The last couple of weeks have well and truely shown us that we are not good enough.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Stiffy_18

Coaching staff have to take a good hard look at themselves. Bringing in 3 underdone players for such an important game. Stevens was absolutely crap today and didn't give a yelp. Welsh was the same. Massie did OK but neither of those 3 could run out the full game. This is notr the time to muck around with your structure or line up. Only one of those should have played and the other 2 would have been better off having a run in the SANFL.
Stiffy, with the players that we had out, not to mention Edwards that was a late withdraw, who would you have placed in these two spots besides these guys? They are considered starting 22 players, and Stevo had plenty of time in the SANFL...and still didnt show his wealth today. Rocca killed him.

Originally posted by AngelEyes
Stiffy, with the players that we had out, not to mention Edwards that was a late withdraw, who would you have placed in these two spots besides these guys? They are considered starting 22 players, and Stevo had plenty of time in the SANFL...and still didnt show his wealth today. Rocca killed him.
For Starters Bassett should never have been dropped. If Bassett played, Stevo wouldn't have. He was so underdone its not funny. I think we have to forget about Stevo for this year. he just desn't have enough footy. Fit and firing he is in our best 22 no question. But Stevens that rocked up today doesn't even make the emergency list.

Welsh was way too underdone as well. It would have been much better if we played the likes of Gallagher, Reilly, Schuback etc to give them a bit more run. At least they would have been fit enough to compete.

Massie was another one that was under done but at least he had a decent crack at it which is more than I can say for the other 2.

EDIT: Stevens only had 2 weeks in the SANFL. If thats enough for a bloke that has missed some 14 weeks of footy, then I am the greatest footballer of all time.

Unless we forget about this crappy style of going wide to the flanks and going wide into the forward line, we will be creamed

I have been saying this all year. Everyone has worked us out! We are too rigid - we stick to our crappy, ineffeciant, stop/start game plan no matter what!!

Hart, Edwards and Basset out of our defence really hurt us. We had no leadership coming out of defence. We missed the polish of Hart and Edwards.

Our use of the ball coming out of defence was disgraceful!! No passion, no run, no smart decisions - just dumb, gutless, lazy football all day!!

I agree with everything else you've said stiffy!

Thank God for Roo and Carey.

For Starters Bassett should never have been dropped. If Bassett played, Stevo wouldn't have. He was so underdone its not funny. I think we have to forget about Stevo for this year. he just desn't have enough footy. Fit and firing he is in our best 22 no question. But Stevens that rocked up today doesn't even make the emergency list.

If we don't stick with Stevo - and one of our talls gets injured, who do we play? Our best SANFL talls are Rutten and Parker.

I think we will stick with Stevo. Goodwin and Burns also deserve a run in the SANFL but will avoid the axe.

We still have the same weaknesses as last year - lack of dominant big blokes. we need ruckmen who can take marks and a big strong defender that can provide some run.

If anything, we seemed to have gone backwards. last year we worked really hard to keep the ball in the forward 50. Tackling was a strong point of our game and its out the window atm.

I'm expecting the Crows to play a scratch match at training this week. Has anyone been to training lately? Could a reason for our poor form be due to an increased workload on the track? in 97/98 we didnt finish off the H&A very well as we werepreparing for finals.

Unless we forget about this crappy style of going wide to the flanks and going wide into the forward line, we will be creamed by Port and will get kicked out of the finals in the forst week. For ****s sake its a wet weather footy. Kick it long and direct none of this chip around the flanks bullshit that we do whenever we are under pressure.

This game was the one that would shape our season yet we playes like a bunch of pussies that were not prepared to do the hard yards. As a result you can kiss out premiership hopes alive. The last couple of weeks have well and truely shown us that we are not good enough.

I think Cornesy summed it up well on 5AA when he said our game plan is flawed. We over-possess the ball for no result by playing wide around the flanks and rely on high intensity from all players as a result. When it doesn't come we go down in a screaming heap.

Sadly I think the way the selectors messed around with the team selection, and the match committee messed around with the game plan and field placements will prove fatal.

I can't see us beating Port in a mad fit next week as they play that 3 or 4 forward line set-up that the Roos did today and we couldn't get warm against a much lesser team than Port today.

If that proves to be correct, then in technical terms, we are f*cked, and can kiss any chance of winning the flag goodbye.

For the life of me I cannot figure out our fasination with short chipping style of footy.:confused: That sort of crap never gets you far in finals football. I think its fair to say that our last month of footy has not been up to scratch. We were well beaten by Sydney yet were lucky enough to win the game. Then we went on to beat a very undermanned West Coast who actually beat us in the midfield and then get slaughtered by Collingwood and Kangaroos. This is the owrst time to get into a form slump.

We have not been winning enough of the ball in the last month and our delivery has been pathetic to say the least. These days we get spanked in the clearences and contested possesions which just indicated we are not having a crack.

Today will be remebered for shooting ourselves in the foot. It will take a miracle for us to beat Port.:mad: :(

We have not been winning enough of the ball in the last month and our delivery has been pathetic to say the least. These days we get spanked in the clearences and contested possesions which just indicated we are not having a crack.

Spot on with these comments. Apart from Ricciuto, our midfield has been totally thrashed in the last month, whereas previously it was the #1 in the comp for clearances. Whether this is related to lack of effort or a change in structure I'm not sure, but it certainly is why we are struggling.

Compound this with our fascination by playing along the boundary at all costs, and the reasons for our crap form become obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I yelled "stop ****ing around and kick it long" about 100 times today :rolleyes: I was getting soooo frustrated. What the hell were they playing at? Dumb Footy is what I would call it. Carey, Roo, Burton & Shirley are the only ones who can hold there heads high this evening. The others are not in my good books.

My ins/outs for showdown.

In: Hart, Edwards, Bassett

OUt: Burns, Begley, Ladhams (inj)

Run Stevo & Welshy off the bench in the forward line - this is where they need to find form and fitness if we want them for the finals.

Tell you what, based on todays performance, I am praying for a miracle in the showdown.

k
xx
xx

Originally posted by MarksGirl-kbcrowgirl
I think I yelled "stop ****ing around and kick it long" about 100 times today :rolleyes: I was getting soooo frustrated. What the hell were they playing at? Dumb Footy is what I would call it. Carey, Roo, Burton & Shirley are the only ones who can hold there heads high this evening. The others are not in my good books.

My ins/outs for showdown.

In: Hart, Edwards, Bassett

OUt: Burns, Begley, Ladhams (inj)

Run Stevo & Welshy off the bench in the forward line - this is where they need to find form and fitness if we want them for the finals.

Tell you what, based on todays performance, I am praying for a miracle in the showdown.

k
xx
xx

DROP Begley !!! at least he had a go & put in & you can forget about a miracle next week the paps could put their 2nd 18 on the park & we would still get a lesson in foot skills & endeavor,

Out, = Burns, Bode, & take your pick for the next couple to have a rest

Absoulte crap footy yesterday, we were way outplayed by a more determinded Kangaroos side:mad: Fix it quick time to end this bull**** footy we are playing:mad: :mad:

Stop playing down the wings ,go the quick road to home down the the middle...................would you like me to draw you a map:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For ****s sake wake up Crows you were pathetic yesterday:mad: :mad:

A team for next week

Provided Hart and Edwards are fit:

B Hart, Bassett, Goodwin
HB Smart, McGregor, McLeod
C Stenglien, Ricciuto, Burton
HF Johncock, Carey, Edwards
F Welsh, Perrie, Ladhams or Burns

R Clarke, Bickley, Shirley

INT Biglands, Torney, Massie, Stevens

Burns has had a shocking 2 weeks, but I'm still tempted to hold on to him. I don't know how badly Ladhams is injured, but if Lads doesnt come up, Ronnie stays.

Massie should stay - he can play a variety of roles as he showed last year in the finals series.

McLeod and Goodwin should start in defence. We need some run and leadership in this area and they should provide that. Some time in the backlines might give them the kick up the bum they need and get them into form.

I left coming here for a day to attempt to calm down before posting.....didn't work. We were the worst kind of sh.it yesterday, it looked as though the players didn't care, and didn't know what they were doing (team system wise) This is inexcusable a week out of the finals.

We were Poo!

If Kris Massie ever plays again for the AFC, he had want to improve a gazillion percentage points. He was probably our worst player yesterday, competition from Burns. And Stevens at FB...WTF? Who's brains trust idea was that?

OUT: Burns Massie
IN: Edwards Bassett

If we do not improve in every position (bar the skipper), if we play twice as good as we did yesterday next week, we WILL get pumped and dumped. Time for a miracle. Also time for a wakeup call. We are not good enough to win the Flag.

I am so angry and dissapointed in my football club at the moment.

Kasey

Originally posted by Still Crowing
If Kris Massie ever plays again for the AFC, he had want to improve a gazillion percentage points. He was probably our worst player yesterday, competition from Burns.
Gee I thought Massie was quite handy. Possibly our best player in the last quarter.

<snipped>

I heard that Hound was dropped for letting fly at Ayres on the interchange phone after being dragged last week. Any truth to this?

Co-incidently, after Burns was felled by a round house leg sweep and pinged for HTB, he was dragged, and the boundary rider on FoxFooty mentioned that Ronnie gave a massive spray to everyone on the bench, the coaches box and the other players.

Not good news.

Kasey

Originally posted by DaveW
Gee I thought Massie was quite handy. Possibly our best player in the last quarter.

I sat there and watched him turn over the ball so many times yesterday, by either going to ground too early, or by poor disposal, or by poor choices. Maybe my mate and I have formed a little "We hate Massie" club, and this clouds our judgement, but IMO, Burns and Massie were by far the worst offenders yesterday.

I actually thought Massie played quite well for his first game back yesterday. He showed great desperation and should not be dropped! He did tire towards the end though.

Stevo wasn't that bad. He shouldn't have played full back. That was crap. The worst decision was swapping Stevo and Perrie as Perrie is the only one capable of taking a mark and kicking a goal in the forward line!

Begley also played OK towards the end and wasn't our worst player. He probably won't stay in the team though

Stinga spent most of the game on the bench????

Bassett being dropped was a joke. The defence was lost.

I thought our midfield was supposed to be one of the best in the competition. In the past few weeks it has been thrashed!!! We are not winning the ball out of the centre!

Ronnie Burns has lost the plot

How disappointing were Stiffy and Mcleod.

Bickley was terrible, especially his s*** passes into the forward line in the last 5 minutes!!!

Only players that did OK: Roo, Shirley, Burton, Carey, Perrie

That was CRAP!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Now Next Week Is Important!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back