NRL rubbing their hands together at 'soft' AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

lazy said:
Just when the AFL have an opportunity to grow the sport they cut down the biggest tree.

NRL are laughing at us.

And we are laughing at them.

Just when the NRL have an opportunity to grow their sport they schedule Melbourne Storm v North Queensland Cowboys at Aussie Stadium in Sydney.

pivotal said:

Just when the NRL have an opportunity to grow their sport they schedule Melbourne Storm v North Queensland Cowboys at Aussie Stadium in Sydney.

Quite possibly the greatest stfu ever!

BTW, front page of todays telecrap : "West Tigers unbridled enthusiasm set to spread across Sydney, with three of the rmaining four teams in the competion from the harbour city"

Thats not a good thing assholes :thumbsu: :D

pivotal said:

God, the AFL would never do that. Hang on... this week it's West Coast v Sydney at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Bugger.

milo said:
God, the AFL would never do that. Hang on... this week it's West Coast v Sydney at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Bugger.

Funny that most people dont have a problem with that. Grand Final is a different kettle of fish to a Final.

pivotal said:
Funny that most people dont have a problem with that. Grand Final is a different kettle of fish to a Final.
You are kidding me right? Try leaving Victoria once in a while.

Death said:
You are kidding me right? Try leaving Victoria once in a while.

Just for interests sake isn't the NRL Grand Final always played in Sydney?

pivotal said:
Look out, here comes the vocal minority!
Were you part of that vocal minority who thought the Cats should of had their final at Skilled?

Death said:
Were you part of that vocal minority who thought the Cats should of had their final at Skilled?

Yeah I thought we should have a final at Skilled. Not a Grand Final though. I never claimed to be in the majority or in a minority.

:confused:

Diego said:
But its ok for a North Melbourne player to punch someone in the guts and get off scott free.

0,1658,5049790,00.jpg

The game is a joke.

Hey of course it is it's Archer everyone loves him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lazy said:
Just when the AFL have an opportunity to grow the sport they cut down the biggest tree.

NRL are laughing at us.

Tell 'em to get back to us when they get rid of their padding.

The soft version of Aussie Rules football that the AFL are peddeling these days, is a very big problem for the development of the game north of the Riverina.

Nobody in Sydney wants to be thought of as soft.

Lets face it, the AFL is soft, therefore by association so are all it's clubs and those clubs fans.

Thanks AFL youv'e done a great job, no, really!!!

bloodsports said:
The soft version of Aussie Rules football that the AFL are peddeling these days, is a very big problem for the development of the game north of the Riverina.

Nobady in Sydney wants to be thought of as soft.

Lets face it, the AFL is soft, therefore by association so are all it's clubs and those clubs fans.

Thanks AFL youv'e done a great job, no, really!!!

G i bet kirk was saying damn this game is soft when half his face was smashed off by a knee against the sainters, or what about jeff white getting his face kicked into 8bits by kings leg, wow that was soft kick :p , thats in 2 weekends of football moron, you know real football, not some idiots 2second interpretation of NFL..... the sooner the AFL gets rid of bandwagoners like you the stronger sydeny can grow the game.. bloody sooks haha

Death said:
Geelong are the only team in the 16 team comp that cannot earn a home city final... all other 15 teams have the chance to earn home city finals except Geelong... this is unfair!!!

littleduck said:
Geelong are the only team in the 16 team comp that cannot earn a home city final... all other 15 teams have the chance to earn home city finals except Geelong... this is unfair!!!

I agree that Geelong should have a home final if they wish to.....although they may want to move it for financial reasons.

It staggered me that the NRL made Melb and NTH QLD play in Sydeney...unbelievable short sightedness, stupidity and Sydney centricness (if that is a word)

fabulousphil said:
It staggered me that the NRL made Melb and NTH QLD play in Sydeney...unbelievable short sightedness, stupidity and Sydney centricness (if that is a word)

Will AFL Supporters get over it :confused: We all know it was played in Sydney and guess what it was played 2 days ago... Get over it! TIGERS V DRAGONS sold out this morning... 50k+ will go to the Eels games...
Sounds like you AFL guys are scared ********less of Rugby League! Seems like everyday their is something new on this board about RL this... RL that and they are being started by AFL people with AFL people baggin the Greatest Game OF All out... You guys have been bagging out RL and non of us have really stood up for it... Because we are laughing at you guys! Laughing at how paranoid you are. 5 Years ago nothing RL was ever mentioned anywhere let alone these kinds of forums, now look at it.

littleduck said:

Actually not so. Geelong have MORE members residing in Melbourne than actually in Geelong if memory serves me correctly. When the Cats play at home there are always hordes of people heading down on the V-Line "Sprinter". The Catters play several home matches at the Dome for this very reason as well.

JF

fabulousphil said:
I agree that Geelong should have a home final if they wish to.....although they may want to move it for financial reasons.

Yeah, News Limited's corporate philosophy to a tea. Rather than actually being pro-active about developing the code in Melbourne through the Storm on a night with no AFL, they would rather have a match in Sydney and give the illusion of a decent crowd by flooding the market with freebie tickets. Short-sighted, superficial and highly indicative of why it is highly undesirable for a media company to be running a sporting code, yet do bugger all to develop it at a grass roots level.

This is why I refuse to support News Limited and its competition aside from attending the odd game to sit with friends in the Chook Pen. The Storm game was on at 10pm in Melbourne on Saturday night. Well done Channel 9 and the NRL, not! (And they think moving an Origin match to Melbourne will actualy help in promoting the code; they have already FAILED in that in the mid90s only drawing 25000 to the MCG).

JF

fabulousphil said:
Sydeney...unbelievable short sightedness, stupidity and Sydney centricness

Now there's a tautology for you.

I think there's a law throughout Greater Sydney that if you live there you have to consider it the centre of the known universe.

LebaneseForces said:
Will AFL Supporters get over it :confused: We all know it was played in Sydney and guess what it was played 2 days ago... Get over it! TIGERS V DRAGONS sold out this morning... 50k+ will go to the Eels games...
Sounds like you AFL guys are scared ********less of Rugby League! Seems like everyday their is something new on this board about RL this... RL that and they are being started by AFL people with AFL people baggin the Greatest Game OF All out... You guys have been bagging out RL and non of us have really stood up for it... Because we are laughing at you guys! Laughing at how paranoid you are. 5 Years ago nothing RL was ever mentioned anywhere let alone these kinds of forums, now look at it.

it was stupid to have played it in Sydney, hell I'm a Storm fan but I would've still prefered the name to be played up North.

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL rubbing their hands together at 'soft' AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back