O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

This has to be some kind of joke right? He is a very passionate person and it was great to see him give it to the Raiders supporters as i'm sure they would of gave it to him if he missed one or two of them goals good on him. For you to lable it disgraceful is very strange with the only act that was anywhere near disgraceful in that match was that Raiders bloke getting suspended for a week for striking. Bulldogs wanted it more and a bit of passion shown was one of the main reasons they won this game easily in the end.:thumbsu:
was it not disgraceful the barrage of punches the raiders player took to the head from ur so called captain? his knee not strike was well warranted

speaking of striking, interesting/embarrassing night for the umpires at the tribunal this evening.

Boyle free to play for Wang this Saturday.

Seems the comp has thrown up a few surprises so far apart from Albury. So.... taking Albury out of the equation, anyone got a view as to how the spots on the ladder 2-5 are going to end up?

Wang a clear second,

Yarra are too good not too/will get a lot of quality back in the coming weeks with Leslie, Keenan, Bonat, Joel Smith.. so will do enough to finish third

after that, it's anyone's guess.

I'm reasonably confident Lavington will play finals, put them fourth.

Fifth will come out of North/Raiders/Wodonga/Myrtleford IMO.
(probably in that order for chances of happening too)

speaking of striking, interesting/embarrassing night for the umpires at the tribunal this evening.

Boyle free to play for Wang this Saturday.

I think it would be more interesting had they got it right - mistaken identity seems to be the most common outcome at O&M tribunal sittings, closely followed by the umps not showing up and the charge subsequently being thrown out.

There was a Rovers v Nth Albury game a couple of years ago where Godde was reported twice - striking against Ross Hill and Caolan Buckley IIRC, but when the reports came in they were both for striking Andy Hill. Both got thrown out.

Not back for another year of knocking those Faiders just stating the obvious. They are no good. Have surrounded themselves with Nth Albury and Lavington crocks even at the match committee level. Could not even beat the bottom side. Hard to see them winning another game.

had a look at all your posts and you seem to really rip it up the raiders.
i reckon you are a disgruntled raider or past raider, it just seems to make sense.:thumbsdown:

why dont you get off your ass and help the club rather than bag it.:confused:

i also believe i know exactly who you are judging by other posts :)

"speak no evil, see no evil, HEAR no evil" :rolleyes:

I think it would be more interesting had they got it right - mistaken identity seems to be the most common outcome at O&M tribunal sittings, closely followed by the umps not showing up and the charge subsequently being thrown out.

saw the 'incident' in the flesh and there was nothing in it at all.. would have been dismissed regardless, it happened right in front of a field umpire and no action was taken, yet the boundary umpire decided to impose himself on the game as they all seem to want to do these days...

Honestly, I'm no umpire basher but it was close to the biggest joke of a report/embarrasing/time wasting night at the tribunal I have ever had.

Giving goal umpires/boundary umpires the power they have today is too much at local level IMO.

every report/send off I have seen this year has come from a non-field official, stick to running the lines kid/waving your goalflags pops.

As I said, I don't want to be seen to be an ump basher but it's beyond a joke these days

Giving goal umpires/boundary umpires the power they have today is too much at local level IMO.

Fair point, but I think boundary and goal umpires need to be able, and should be encouraged to make reports. I've seen some ugly incidents take place within the line of sight of boundary umps that go unreported because they don't seem to want to get involved. Given that a lot of them are young kids it's understandable.

But yeah, the O&M just has a terrible track record with reports/tribunals.

Fair point, but I think boundary and goal umpires need to be able, and should be encouraged to make reports. I've seen some ugly incidents take place within the line of sight of boundary umps that go unreported because they don't seem to want to get involved. Given that a lot of them are young kids it's understandable.

But yeah, the O&M just has a terrible track record with reports/tribunals.

Most tribunal hearings in most country league are a big fat waste of everyone's time. What do you reckon about this:
After an incident:
1. Umpire advises players he saw the incident and he will review it with the other umps after the game.
2. Umps have their discussion after the game or half time to review what happened.
3. Umps advise the team of the player that has been hit that they are prepared to report & ask if they want to press charges.
If the team of the player that has been offended against says no, I don't see the point in wasting everyone's time at the tribunal.
4. If the offended-against team feel strongly enough for it to be reportable the report proceeds in the normal way, i.e offer the offending player a set penalty if it is available, or go to the tribunal.
Just a thought worth discussion, I'm sure all the people who have sat in a laughable tribunal hearing on a Monday or Wednesday night when they could be watching Home & Away would agree there needs to be some change.

Completely understand that side of the equation also.

there's obviously a balance that needs to be found because as you say, plenty has gone on behind play over the years and the thuggish incidents behind play need to be eradicated.

I'm all for supporting umpires and getting people involved, I understand it's a tough, thankless job at times but this week's tribunal has left me with a cynical taste in my mouth.

After watching Luke Martyn's report on video, i don't think things will go too well for him and raiders at the tribunal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

had a look at all your posts and you seem to really rip it up the raiders.
i reckon you are a disgruntled raider or past raider, it just seems to make sense.:thumbsdown:

why dont you get off your ass and help the club rather than bag it.:confused:

i also believe i know exactly who you are judging by other posts :)

"speak no evil, see no evil, HEAR no evil" :rolleyes:

Keep guessing chum. I'd get off my ass and help the club if I was actually AT your club. :p

It didnt look to flash in real time :(
Up from the big smoke for Easter and witnessed a cracking game for 3 quarters at Birallee Park . Schilg and the young wingman (No 19) for Raiders ripped it up. "Bater" Kelly and Thayer outstanding for Wang then...................brain snap, game over.

Raiders coach and team mates would be justifiably furious with the player concerned.

Where on the website?
Link?

I dunno about the league site. All O&M games for 2011 are being filmed and uploaded to the dartfish.tv website. All clubs are able to watch every game for the year on this site. Unless you've got a dartfish account you won't able to see any of this vision.

I dunno about the league site. All O&M games for 2011 are being filmed and uploaded to the dartfish.tv website. All clubs are able to watch every game for the year on this site. Unless you've got a dartfish account you won't able to see any of this vision.
Yeah ive tried dartfish but i think you need to have a clubs account

Pigeon supporters have been dealt a kick in the guts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

former Pigeon Premiership Captain Jason Wild has shit in the face of all Pigeon supporters. After doing all the pre season with the Pigeons, has signed with the highest paying club in country Australia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, you guessed it - the Rennie Hoppers !!!!!!!

Dogs act !!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back