Odds out for 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Irrelevant to next season as it would date too far back

Honestly we are yet to see how the interchange rules (most lilkely 3+1) are gonna affect Hawks and the Pies

Correct.

I have yet to find anyone who has a crystal ball that works.

Who knows what can happen in Footy these days.

Bookies only have an educated guess like the rest of us.

Might have something to do with the fact they beat Collingwood, drew with St Kilda, beat the WB and lost to Geelong by 2 points.

And the losses to North, Sydney, Freo? Even the freaking wooden spooners beat your mob this year. Cherry picking certain wins is meaningless. Essendon beat St Kilda, twice, this year, does that mean they're a chance for the flag in 2011? Of course not.

Rest assured if either of the two teams playing in this years GF were playing the Hawks they would be very worried.

This is just delusional. Hawthorn would've lost by 10 goals to either side that played in the Grand Final. They're just not that good.

This is just delusional. Hawthorn would've lost by 10 goals to either side that played in the Grand Final. They're just not that good.

Yet they beat and had a draw with these same two sides when they last met.

Give us your theory why the Hawks are 3rd fav.

What about the half dozen beltings handed out by the Hawks over Collingwood before then?

Anyway this thread is about the odds and you asked about the Hawks.

I just gave you my theory.

Here's another theory, which happens to be supported by your very own contribution.

Odds are in a large part influenced by the number of people expected (or suspected to be deluded enough) to plonk the money down.

Can't believe people are still falling for the Hawthorn story.

Crap midfield, crap defence. People are waiting for the Buddy and Roughie show to resume. They forget, the midfield that fed them in 08 is 3 years older and 3 years slower. Crawford is gone, Lewis has lost his mojo, Mitchell and Sewell just plod along.

Errr.. When we finally got out of our injury slump and a 2nd ruckman returned - 11 W 1 D 4 L.

That's fairly consistent. If we can somehow learn to play interstate we could improve on that next year.

Would you like me to change it to;
Injury Ridden.
Lacks Depth.
Too many down hill skiers?

Nah but seriously, Hawthorn players must be too injury prone as every year this issue is thrown up, and due to the changes constantly in the side they lack consistancy.

Can't believe people are still falling for the Hawthorn story.

Crap midfield, crap defence. People are waiting for the Buddy and Roughie show to resume. They forget, the midfield that fed them in 08 is 3 years older and 3 years slower. Crawford is gone, Lewis has lost his mojo, Mitchell and Sewell just plod along.

You upset we have won 10 flags in 50 years brah and you have one in your entire history. Enjoy more heartache on Saturday brah :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Resorting to this tripe pretty much means he's right on the money and you can't counter his points.

Ok, ok you're right brah. Midfield at Hawthorn is no good. Hodge = DUD, as does Mitchell, Burgoyne, Sewell, Lewis, Young. All duds. Oh and Rioli = DUD as well.

I mean give me Brett Peake anyday over the guys above brah

Might have something to do with the fact they beat Collingwood, drew with St Kilda, beat the WB and lost to Geelong by 2 points.

Or not. Essendon beat St.Kilda twice, Bulldogs, Carlton and Hawthorn. Doesn't give us a chance of winning next year.

Hawthorn are perennially overrated.

On the other hand I like Freo's odds.

If Freo grab Mitch Clark in the trade period......the $17 would be worth a small dabble.

I agree. If Sandi spends the last 8 minutes of every quarter in the goal square I can see big problems for a lot of defenses. Rumours around Freo are that Sandilands will play in 2011 at 135 kilos. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Odds out for 2011 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back