Coach Off Season changes 2024/25

Remove this Banner Ad

MELBOURNE has approached former Carlton senior coach David Teague about a spot on its coaching panel for 2025.

Nathan Bassett has also been linked to a role in Melbourne’s coaching panel, where he would reunite with former Adelaide teammate Goodwin

Hearing it might be Todd Curley that comes in.

I don’t mind it if the guys within the AFL system are all out of the picture tbh. He’s been in the system before as an assistant (for us) but stepped away from coaching for personal reasons. That was years ago but has done a lot of coaching at WAFL level since.

Though wouldn’t mind having graham take over the backs, and Teague take the forward line.
Yea this was exactly what I was thinking .
Helps in “rounding out” graham’s experience too

Teagues been well regarded for his ability to coach an AFL forward line

Alas looks like Melbourne getting the jump in (probs replacing mcquarter)

I fully get it , been over it plenty times before - we’re ridiculously hamstrung when it comes to AFL assistants (honestly it’s one of the biggest competitive disadvantages the 2 wa sides have ) but seriously are we even trying?

Just absolutely hearing nothing from the club on this issue and I think it’s a massive one for us .
It’s actually infuriating
- is the club genuinely trying to improve or too busy pumping out feel good stories on all these players we’re supposed to get?

We lose Carr- we simply shuffle deck chairs and promote Corey
We lose Boyd and looks like we’re simply bringing Curley back into the fold (don’t get me wrong I like Curley as a coach but we desperately need to be getting some genuine AFL assistants from other systems on top of him)

It seems as we lose people we simply promote from within (or go the budget route and get progressively worse and worse

Yea this was exactly what I was thinking .
Helps in “rounding out” graham’s experience too

Teagues been well regarded for his ability to coach an AFL forward line

Alas looks like Melbourne getting the jump in (probs replacing mcquarter)

I fully get it , been over it plenty times before - we’re ridiculously hamstrung when it comes to AFL assistants (honestly it’s one of the biggest competitive disadvantages the 2 wa sides have ) but seriously are we even trying?

Just absolutely hearing nothing from the club on this issue and I think it’s a massive one for us .
It’s actually infuriating
- is the club genuinely trying to improve or too busy pumping out feel good stories on all these players we’re supposed to get?

We lose Carr- we simply shuffle deck chairs and promote Corey
We lose Boyd and looks like we’re simply bringing Curley back into the fold (don’t get me wrong I like Curley as a coach but we desperately need to be getting some genuine AFL assistants from other systems on top of him)

It seems as we lose people we simply promote from within (or go the budget route and get progressively worse and worse

I kinda wished we sounded out simmo

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Off Season changes 2024/25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back