Official 2007 PSD Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lets give Richard Cole a second chance

i always thought julian rowe had some good skills but he turned out to be nothing as well.

why do people create these stupid threads?

He was drafted pretty late so it's not as if he was super talented. He had an awkward kicking style meaning he could kick some beatiful 50+ metre passes and then fluff a kick, he just wasn't footy smart too many around the shoulder high kicks to noone when the pressure was on.

Richard Cole had a lot going for him before being drafted. Good skills that declined because he refused to work on them, breakaway speed, toughness, big bodied. He had a good year in 2004 where he was a great shutdown back pocket player allowing Johnson to be a loose HBF/winger. He just was never willing to step up after that and declined into something shocking. Trading him didn't help him. We got a good result with pick #23 (Cook) for him.

ill never forget what he said when he was drafted to the pies on draft day
went something like

"yeah its great to be drafted this early, i would have preferred to be at essendon but collingwood is a great club""

i dont think he was all there, i knew he was somethin dodgey when he said that

ill never forget what he said when he was drafted to the pies on draft day
went something like

"yeah its great to be drafted this early, i would have preferred to be at essendon but collingwood is a great club""

i dont think he was all there, i knew he was somethin dodgey when he said that

I can't really remember but was the whole "Father"/Son loophole bid by Essendon for Cole because a dietitian of Essendon called Beverly was Cole's legal guardian that big a deal in the media? They probably asked him about whether he is disappointed whether that went through.

that coulda been it lol , i just wasnt happy when he seemed more dissapointed that he didnt get to essendon.

are you a idiot? first you bag the shit out of judd, now you want to give richard a 1123134th chance

OMFG

Sheesh give the poor fella a break.

He was dead keen to play for the Dons, but we snaffled him after their dodgy "legal guardian/son" deal was scotched by the AFL.

He showed real talent and strength but my knowlegable brother commented all his faults showed a lack of concentration: he wanted out.

He cracked the sads and shuffled off to his desired location where he lost focus and discipline. Did he have a dreaded groin injury? That can wreck even the best player.

Malthouse was making a player of him when he left: no reason why he couldn't do it again but Cole would have to prove his worth (and fitness: no dodgy groins allowed) and he'd have to come to us on bended knee.

Never write anyone off. Except Hamill.

No way........ Had his chance, and he left us!!!!

Give me pick 96 over Richard Cole anyday!!!!

Was quick to jump ship, under performed at both clubs, has attitude, don't want him. Give other youngsters a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

youre kidding arent you??
are you kevin sheedy in disguise?

the bloke got suspended by his own club and dropped to bendigo bombers reserves for 3 games for disciplinary reasons in 2007.

having said that yeah lets go get him, hes what we need.

next you'll be telling us to bring back jason wild, luke godden, ben kinnear and matty lokan.

go away you fool!

He was drafted pretty late so it's not as if he was super talented. He had an awkward kicking style meaning he could kick some beatiful 50+ metre passes and then fluff a kick, he just wasn't footy smart too many around the shoulder high kicks to noone when the pressure was on.

Richard Cole had a lot going for him before being drafted. Good skills that declined because he refused to work on them, breakaway speed, toughness, big bodied. He had a good year in 2004 where he was a great shutdown back pocket player allowing Johnson to be a loose HBF/winger. He just was never willing to step up after that and declined into something shocking. Trading him didn't help him. We got a good result with pick #23 (Cook) for him.

He was actually a first round pick in 2001. 7 or 8 I think.:(

His issue with Essendon was that his Guardian was actually on the board there.

IMO, it was his lack of a football brain that was his biggest issue. Nice skills, and not bad speed when we first got him but zero awareness.

He's still only 24 so you reckon he might get a chance somewhere in the PSD, but not by us thanks very much. Had his chance and blew it.

Psd

Do you reken we will target anyone in the pre-season draft???

I dont know how keen i am on the idea but would it be worth picking up big lance whitnall and offer him a 1 year contract on peanuts and see if he can get himself fit ... we could play him at centre-half back ... might be a good backup if anthony and brown dont come along as quickly as we expect and we have injury problems with wakelin and presti?? Worth a thought i reken?

Is there anyone else we can target? Keeping in mind pretty much everyone will have a pick before us

Re: Psd

It may be worth keeping a spot clear on the list, and if we don't get a player we want to fall to us, we can elevate Sharrod.

If we didn't take Guerra in 2005, I doubt we'll take Pfeiffer. On talent alone he'd be well worth a look though.

Re: Psd

PSD this year has a bit of depth and a few decent players on offer. At 14 there may be a decent one or two left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back