Official Channel 9 complaints thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Complaining about advertising in the year 2011 is a bit stupid.

Anyway, at least it keeps the cricket on free to air television, do whatever the **** they want as far as I'm concerned, as long as when I wake up in the morning during summer, the ****ing cricket is on.

Agreed. The cricket is on and that's all I care about!

It would be nice if they could get a guest commentator from the country we play to come in.

Hey we got Ian Smith for the NZ series :eek:

Usually they don't bother with an international commentator because Tony Greig fills the quota.We all know his love for England,South African,Sri Lanka and Pakistan.For some reason he's gone right off India and now seems to bag them.

I dont know if it was a ch 9 screw up or the hawk eye people's stuff up but at one stage today they put up the graphic that was clearly from the previous lbw shout and not the one that was under question at the time.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the system.

This is the same mob that call 'Hawk Eye' 'Eagle Eye'.It's the same technology.

Different Companies. Do you go into Maccas buy a burger and say you got one from Hungry Jacks? It is the same "technology"

Hey we got Ian Smith for the NZ series :eek:

Usually they don't bother with an international commentator because Tony Greig fills the quota.We all know his love for England,South African,Sri Lanka and Pakistan.For some reason he's gone right off India and now seems to bag them.

DRS. Tony loves his DRS and camera technology. He spends half his days winding Indian fans up on twitter about DRS.

I can't stand Mark Nicholas.

Everytime there's a chance for an LBW, the ball strikes pad, and the players go up, and Nicholas - devoid of the majority of emotions a human being can feel - rolls out the "Now then..."

Honestly. It is turgid.

Healy must have had an accidental lobotomy that he didn't tell anyone about. As far as morons go, he tops the list.

Ian Bishop is an excellent commentator.

QFT. Love this guy and is part of the reason I always look forward to the windies coming over.

I've also found the British commentating to be of a higher standard than the Australian stuff. I get the feeling all commentators are biased its just that some are better at hiding it than others. Guys like Healy and Slater dont understand this concept.

Ian Smith is brilliant and a delight to listen to.

True again and I usually cant stand the kiwi accent. Thought he did a great job in the recent series.

I can't stand Mark Nicholas.

Everytime there's a chance for an LBW, the ball strikes pad, and the players go up, and Nicholas - devoid of the majority of emotions a human being can feel - rolls out the "Now then..."

Honestly. It is turgid.

Healy must have had an accidental lobotomy that he didn't tell anyone about. As far as morons go, he tops the list.

Really? I've always found him more tolerable than most of the guys he commentates with. I rate them something like this...

Bill Lawry + Richie Benaud > Ian Chapel > Mark Nicholas > Mark Taylor > Ian Healy > Micheal Slater

I find Ian Chapel to be pretty frustrating as he makes a lot of sense and knows the game, he just never sounds interesting at all. He could make the most exciting thing seem boring.

Why does many complain about the smalledt of things. Like why worry about what Nicholas says when an LBW is had. Even if they changed the commentators you all would still not be happy.

Different Companies. Do you go into Maccas buy a burger and say you got one from Hungry Jacks? It is the same "technology"

DRS. Tony loves his DRS and camera technology. He spends half his days winding Indian fans up on twitter about DRS.

As I always suspected Tony badly needs to get a life !

QFT. Love this guy and is part of the reason I always look forward to the windies coming.

Michael Holding is the one that generally came out with the Windies, but he is also quite good. Would be nice if he was a permanent member of the team.

It would be nice if they could get a guest commentator from the country we play to come in.
It's a shame this practice has gone out in recent years - ever since MN came out for the 06/07 Ashes and never left.

Having Ian Smith for the NZ series was a pleasant suprise. The commentary on Sky NZ during the NZ home season is far better than Nine despite constantly whinging about/predicting NZ batting collapses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does many complain about the smalledt of things. Like why worry about what Nicholas says when an LBW is had. Even if they changed the commentators you all would still not be happy.
Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but have you not come on here to complain about others complaining?

?

With Slater's unpopularity being obvious, all I'll say is, I'm prepared to give him a reprieve. Remembering his commentary on the '05 Ashes and some work he did on the ABC, I thought he was awesome, certainly didn't recognise him from the douche I thought he was when he was playing. I think the problem with him is that he's been Channel Nined and that's why, I suspect, he's gone downhill, similar could be said of Healy, but he never made a huge impression on me anyway.

Slater seems like a reasonable commentator when he's overseas, once he gets with his nine buddies he seems to turn back into a moronic loudmouth.

it's got worse since they decide they needed 3 on air at the same time, it's just become a mess, the logical thing would have been to retire tony and chappelli and go back to 2 in the box.

It's a shame this practice has gone out in recent years - ever since MN came out for the 06/07 Ashes and never left.

Having Ian Smith for the NZ series was a pleasant suprise. The commentary on Sky NZ during the NZ home season is far better than Nine despite constantly whinging about/predicting NZ batting collapses.

I do miss having guest commentators during the summer, but I cant agree on Smith. He comes across as a chup on the shoulder whinger at times. The kiwis they had on ABC (Morrison and Wattle?) were both very good.

Im a big fan of Harsha on the radio.

the majority of the world is inhabited by idiots unfortunately, as long as these idiots are the majority, the channel 9 commentary team will survive

He retired from cricket to be with his family. His time away from family is spent at the IPL. You will more than likely see him at the WACA test though.

Think they'll draft in Gilly and Warney for the white ball internationals next month, as the older members get rested/rotated.

Nine are doing a positive thing [did hell just freeze over ? :eek:] for the coverage of the 3rd Test in Perth.
For those in the Eastern states [the real world :D] instead of ditching coverage at 6pm and missing the last 10 minutes of the 2nd session the coverage will be on GEM between 6-6.30pm each night.For those elsewhere check your local guides and you'll probably have the same thing.

Nine are doing a positive thing [did hell just freeze over ? :eek:] for the coverage of the 3rd Test in Perth.
For those in the Eastern states [the real world :D] instead of ditching coverage at 6pm and missing the last 10 minutes of the 2nd session the coverage will be on GEM between 6-6.30pm each night.For those elsewhere check your local guides and you'll probably have the same thing.
This has been happening for the last 2 Tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Channel 9 complaints thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back