Game Day Official preview/GDT - Semi-Final Geelong vs NMFC - MCG, Friday 7:50pm (Out: Jacobs / In: Harvey)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats have smashed your mids every time you think theres a chance of beating them.
Now that you are on top,this might be different this time.{we all hope]
Good luck next week.
Please tell us another cunners story...

Hey guys I'm not sure if this is appropriate to post here, but I don't mean to sound rude or selfish and mods can delete it if it is inappropriate.

I'll be travelling from Adelaide this week for the game friday night with a couple of friends. Since I am only a student and living interstate I was not financially capable of purchasing the membership that gives me access to finals tickets.

I will be looking to purchase tickets first thing and would love to get involved in a members atmosphere, so if anyone has available barcodes on Monday when they are available it would be awesome if you could pm me to help me get tickets, otherwise we will just purchase general admission.

Either way I'll be there this time screaming my lungs out like I was at the TV last night and I can't bloody wait!

Im happy to get you an mcc guest pass. . Unfortunately not in the north member bays. But a bloody good seat; and the atmosphere last night was top drawer... there will be 15 or so nmfc members sitting with us.

Watch the game again. Black's ability to take contested marks and move the ball intelligently forward was critical, especially in the second half. It was like he played more as a tall wingman or centre for a lot of the time and did well between the 50s, leaving space forward for others to mark and crumb goals. If he creates scoring opportunities, he doesn't need to be the one kicking them.
Completely agree. I reckon Black (and to a lesser extent Petrie) played an unselfish team game by moving up the ground, opening up forward space and providing a link-up role. Brown's purple patch relied on having an open forward line.

The only change should be Jacobs for Boomer. Not a knock on Jacobs, just that someone needs to make way for Boomer.

I'm not overly confident. Our best can beat them, but who knows if we can bring our best for 4 quarters. If anything gives us hope, it is how the Hawks ran over Geelong late, and that we finish strongly. If we can go into the last quarter with scores almost level we should win.

FRIDAY ****ING NIGHT AT THE G :cool:

Hearing the guys talk after the game, it was all about how we just knew we'd overrun every team in the second half.

It's outstanding stuff - and if we can just sort out our second quarter and break even, we'll be in with a huge shot.

Watch the game again. Black's ability to take contested marks and move the ball intelligently forward was critical, especially in the second half. It was like he played more as a tall wingman or centre for a lot of the time and did well between the 50s, leaving space forward for others to mark and crumb goals. If he creates scoring opportunities, he doesn't need to be the one kicking them.

100% agree. Black was bloody important. Was involved in link up play that led to a lot of our scores in the 2nd half.
Also, he never throws in the towel. Much like Dish - unfairly maligned this season IMO - he keeps trying his guts out.
And as Dish demonstrated so aptly last night, all you need is a couple of minutes...just gotta keep cracking in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to watch the replay to see the link up work that Black did through the wings and centre half forward area and the drive into the FWD line enabling us to score. No way Black will be out.

This won't be a popular but I'm not sure its as clear as Jacobs for Harvey. Harvey for Turner would be more likely in terms of replacing like for like. Looking at Turners output last night and the impact he had and the midfield requirement's can you play both Harvey and Turner or is a better option to say start with Bastinac on the ground and substitute Jacobs on.
It will be won in the midfield again Im thinking having an extra midfielder in Jacobs is worth considering.
Nothing against Turner and would be more than happy to see him play.

yes we have played cats 5 times in 4 yrs
2 wins Boomer best in both
so that's handy

on the other hand Hawkins has killed us
as well as Taylor and their quick forwards

we need to have a good think about this selection
I am inclined to leave Turner in
LT seems injured, doesnt stop himplaying but affects his run
and Grima is dodgy too, but expect he will play
hopefully their blokes are suffering too

Hey guys I'm not sure if this is appropriate to post here, but I don't mean to sound rude or selfish and mods can delete it if it is inappropriate.

I'll be travelling from Adelaide this week for the game friday night with a couple of friends. Since I am only a student and living interstate I was not financially capable of purchasing the membership that gives me access to finals tickets.

I will be looking to purchase tickets first thing and would love to get involved in a members atmosphere, so if anyone has available barcodes on Monday when they are available it would be awesome if you could pm me to help me get tickets, otherwise we will just purchase general admission.

Either way I'll be there this time screaming my lungs out like I was at the TV last night and I can't bloody wait!
Im happy to get you an mcc guest pass. . Unfortunately not in the north member bays. But a bloody good seat; and the atmosphere last night was top drawer... there will be 15 or so nmfc members sitting with us.

If you take up Phillyroo 's offer just be ready to make yourself scarce in a hurry if any tallish North media types suddenly appear in you vicinity :p

Cheersquad will be at the OPPOSITE end if the ground this week people. M3 in the Southern Stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvey becomes the major X Factor! Stating the obvious, I know, but he knows he owes the team big time. This is like the games after he's had a stinker. If Wells follows on with his current form, we are a big chance. That newly-formed big chest has transformed him into a major force both on the inside and on the outside. I'd go so far as to say that if we can 50% sort out our second quarter woes, we will beat the Cats on Friday. Big "if", though.

Please tell us another cunners story...
10 yo cunners playing basketball at a country carnival in Horsham{40 celsius}
Half time and cunners{boc}walks among his team mates {especially those not who didnt get on court}
"Get in close boys,the coach has some jelly beans ,snakes and advice for us"
"Come on, their bigger than us but not better"

How does a 10 yo learn to become such a leader.

10 yo cunners playing basketball at a country carnival in Horsham{40 celsius}
Half time and cunners{boc}walks among his team mates {especially those not who didnt get on court}
"Get in close boys,the coach has some jelly beans ,snakes and advice for us"
"Come on, their bigger than us but not better"

How does a 10 yo learn to become such a leader.
cunnington.png

Took a foot injury into the game (as I'm sure you're aware). Got 9-10 touches in the first quarter but faded badly after that and clearly wasn't right.

Scott said after the game that SJ's foot bad restricted him and he was in serious doubt for the semi (and potentially the prelim if we make it). SJ himself said yesterday he feels fine and is very confident of playing on Friday... so who knows?
Last thing any of us want is Stevie J injuring himself further. He should probably just rest it up so he can start pre-season fresh as a daisy. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back