Game Day Official preview/GDT - Semi-Final Geelong vs NMFC - MCG, Friday 7:50pm (Out: Jacobs / In: Harvey)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch the game again. Black's ability to take contested marks and move the ball intelligently forward was critical, especially in the second half. It was like he played more as a tall wingman or centre for a lot of the time and did well between the 50s, leaving space forward for others to mark and crumb goals. If he creates scoring opportunities, he doesn't need to be the one kicking them.
So much this. He's had a poor year but really straightened us up last night through the middle as a link man. Played a role in the win, even if it wasn't kicking goals.

Black stays for me. As good as Wood was, he's only played one game. I'd rather stick as close as possible to the team that just won. That's our best, proven 22.

Can I just ask a quick quick question. I haven't driven to the G in years coz parking sucks but I do remember there used to be parking at the hospitals nearby. Can anyone confirm if that's still the case? Gotta come straight from work so can't get the train

Would this be our strongest side for the year? I would say only Hansen, and possibly Adams, is missing from our best 22.

B: Wright Thompson Firrito
HB: Atley Grima Macmillan
C: Wells Swallow Dal Santo
HF: Ziebell Brown Harvey
F: Black Petrie Thomas
Foll: Goldstein Cunnington Greenwood
IC: Gibson Bastinac McDonald Turner

Can I just ask a quick quick question. I haven't driven to the G in years coz parking sucks but I do remember there used to be parking at the hospitals nearby. Can anyone confirm if that's still the case? Gotta come straight from work so can't get the train

You can park at the last car park at the top of Flinders St (just before Spring St) heading east.

Also has an entrance in Flinders Lane.

Maybe a Secure Car Park?

It cost me $10 last night...you can pay before you leave the car park so you don't get caught later on in a queue.... but it was a bit of pain getting out with all the footy cars.

No chance if you listen to Brad's presser

thought it was a more wait and see than a "no chance". Probably more brad not wanting to say yes because regardless of health may struggle to get into the team.

Out: Bastinac, Jacobs
In: Adams (sub), Harvey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to a belter of a game! This is certainly winnable for the Roos. The Cats have been highly admirable this season but I think they are the most vulnerable of the top 4 sides. A more even contest than the end of season ladder positions perhaps indicate. Boomer is back for this one isn't he? He will bring that extra bit of class and maturity alongside Delsanto to give North a real chance. Certainly can't right off Geelong by any stretch but playing them down here is much better than scoring the Dockers way out west. All the best Kanga boys.

Is any north melbourne member not going to the game this week. Would I be able to use your membership no . Please PM me if you are able to help

[mod note - post edited to remove phone number. Please PM this poster if you are able to help]

Win it in the centre, get it down there quickly.

Repeat.

Alright. Time for this team to get serious. Can't just be happy with the Qualifying win. There is genuinely a Prelim up for grabs and it is very gettable IMHO. What do we need to do to dismantle the Cats and put the final stamp on their 7 years of being a contender?

l thinking 1 change In:Harvey Out:Jacobs but the question is who will be the sub. :
Jacobs, unfortunately was like deer facing headlights. kept getting caught and couldn't break tackles.
Bastinac, did a couple of things late in the game when he came on but did make an impact.
Adams. while the most likely choice but "if" he has to come on early would he's shoulder hold up to the heavy tackles being applied.
or
Mullet: could be the impact player , he's injury free, can play back, forward, on a wing and love to kick a goal......he's my choice :D

Is Hansen or atleast Tippett any chance.

Think We need another key defender. If Grima or Thompson go down we could be in all sorts. I understood not playing a 3rd tall defender against Essendon because of there lack of key posts but Geelong is a different story with Hawkins nearly taking 2. Key position defenders himself.

They don't have a second KPF though. One change only. Boomer for Jacobs.

Watched the game a couple times now (once at a bar with no commentary just wasnt enough). For me, he has struggled and last night really wasnt any different and I feel against one of Taylor, Rivers and Lonergan that he will struggle.
Happy to be proven wrong though!

The key is though, they will have to send Taylor, Rivers or Lonergan to him or he'll cause some damage. With Brown's game on Saturday, it means Geelong will have to pay respect to all three of our KPF's and not double team Drew all night. That's a good thing - Black plays.

l thinking 1 change In:Harvey Out:Jacobs but the question is who will be the sub. :
Jacobs, unfortunately was like deer facing headlights. kept getting caught and couldn't break tackles.
Bastinac, did a couple of things late in the game when he came on but did make an impact.
Adams. while the most likely choice but "if" he has to come on early would he's shoulder hold up to the heavy tackles being applied.
or
Mullet: could be the impact player , he's injury free, can play back, forward, on a wing and love to kick a goal......he's my choice :D

But if you play Mullet or Adams as a sub, you have to drop another play from Friday's team. It's hard enough to find one to leave out for Boomer, so - barring injury - I can't see it happening. One change only, and Jacobs unfortunately looks the most dispensable. I wasn't sure about Basti as the sub but it worked ok. It's a nice luxury to have 22 fit players who could play the whole game, and that you'd like to play the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back