Game Day Official preview/GDT - Semi-Final Geelong vs NMFC - MCG, Friday 7:50pm (Out: Jacobs / In: Harvey)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker's not hopelessly out of form. In fact I'd say he's in career best form. Admittedly that's not saying much.
He did take those two big marks, which was good for his confidence, but when vardy becomes healthy one day, you'd be looking at walker and brown as depth. You have been decimated on the KPP injury front, it's no surprise you're interested in frawley.

well, there will be one more north supporter in the stands then. Was looking fwd to towelling the big tosh up though.

Would like someone to tell Thomas that he doesn't need to fly so often (especially in a pack situation). Too many times in the first half Essendon moved the ball out of our forward line far too easily - would like him (and Turner etc.) to stay down and try and create opportunities when the ball spills to ground or lock it in and let us set up.

I'm not getting carried away this week knowing that odds are against us. BUT...without HMac, Goldy has a huge opportunity to dominate...Stevie J will either be out or playing injured and he is the most or close to the most damaging finals performer for the Cats...and Motlop's injury makes him more Datsun than Ferrari........and we have that old pensioner Harvey coming back...so we are winning so far this week. :)

Chris Scott confirming that McIntosh is ruled out with knee soreness. Blicavs and Walker to share ruck duties.

Christensen not much better that 50/50, but Johnson and Motlop look set to play.

We have the plan and resources to win this easily. Whether we do or don't will be determined by our mental state. Concentration, aggression, energy, composure, leadership!

I can't help but think of it like the races. The cats-hawks game like a group1 at Flemington and
North-bombers a group2. So the cats will be taking a step down in class and us a step up. It's always hard to win going up a class, so with that in mind I'm not as optimistic as most on this board. I do think we can win it but it will take our very best 4 quarter effort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like someone to tell Thomas that he doesn't need to fly so often (especially in a pack situation). Too many times in the first half Essendon moved the ball out of our forward line far too easily - would like him (and Turner etc.) to stay down and try and create opportunities when the ball spills to ground or lock it in and let us set up.

I am sure LT has had that chat many times.

Been happening for years now despite it clearly being counter-productive.

SJ is going to play like a man possessed - has a lot to prove to the club and the rest of the AFL after his performance last week.

yes Possessed with a bung leg
maybe he cld get away with it once, those days are over 31 yo
appalling act of selfishness for him to play last week
lets hope he is even more terrible this week

Geez some Geelong supporters are unfriendly, had one have a go at me just for discussing the game on their board.
I wasn't trolling just saying how Swallow was underdone last time and our list is very fit for this game, etc.
He pretty much said to **** off and tell it to ''the norf flogs'' :|

Geez some Geelong supporters are unfriendly, had one have a go at me just for discussing the game on their board.
I wasn't trolling just saying how Swallow was underdone last time and our list is very fit for this game, etc.
He pretty much said to **** off and tell it to ''the norf flogs'' :|

Every team has tosses. I have generally found the cats supporters to be down to earth and friendly. Despite their success.

Every team has tosses. I have generally found the cats supporters to be down to earth and friendly. Despite their success.

Dunno where you sit...their arrogance is beyond belief...every game I go to when we play them I spew.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Geelong have proven too many times that they can still be one of the best in the league even when everyone thought they were down and out! Still quietly confident this week, not sure why...but I like it! GOROOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back