2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow that's a genuinely exciting write-up. Need to keep him away from the NRL.

Oddly enough that has been the Swans academies biggest problem as we have had a few players poached by the NRL. Not a lot we can do to stop it unfortunately but I don't like the idea of the Swans academy being a talent identification service for Rugby League.

Oddly enough that has been the Swans academies biggest problem as we have had a few players poached by the NRL. Not a lot we can do to stop it unfortunately but I don't like the idea of the Swans academy being a talent identification service for Rugby League.

Yeah, exactly why I said it. Is he the brother of Billy King? If so, hopefully they're an Aussie Rules family (even if Billy didn't work out after the early hype).

Yeah, exactly why I said it. Is he the brother of Billy King? If so, hopefully they're an Aussie Rules family (even if Billy didn't work out after the early hype).
Yes. My son has marked Max a few times this year but unsure about playing mid. Played forward against men. He has most of the attributes of a developing player.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Yes. My son has marked Max a few times this year but unsure about playing mid. Played forward against men. He has most of the attributes of a developing player.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

I feel like your son has to be pretty tall given most teams would likely stick one of their biggest players on King, unless of course the coach of your son has a warped sense of humour and your son is actually the smallest kid on the team :p

I feel like your son has to be pretty tall given most teams would likely stick one of their biggest players on King, unless of course the coach of your son has a warped sense of humour and your son is actually the smallest kid on the team :p
Yes he does. My son is 182cm.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I cant recall the last quality tall we got from the academy that is playing best 22. I'm aware we've lost 2 this year to the NRL:mad: and that hurts, so hoping this one comes along for us. No pressure, a lot can change but would be nice to get a quality tall.
Two? I know Woods to Canterbury is one, but who's the other?

Tom Browne reporting some "well-placed sources" linking Leon Cameron to a potential senior assistant role at the Demons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team Franklin? He's the biggest name retired player this year.

What's up with him? No cavalcade on GF day either

He just seems a shy bloke. The wonderful farewell at the SCG was his swansong.

Not surprised he is not in the.csvalcade.

Having 3 players playing in this game I am going to be watching it very closely. Could hopefully be a great draft year in 2024 acadmey wise.

Was only a few years ago Gulden and Campbell were the best players for both teams in the corresponding match and look at them now.
Agreed.

Cochran being the 195cm tall defender I think we'll all be keeping very close eyes on, as well as hoping Woods chooses to stick with AFL rather than league.

Agreed.

Cochran being the 195cm tall defender I think we'll all be keeping very close eyes on, as well as hoping Woods chooses to stick with AFL rather than league.

Cochran sounds like what we need, and would be great if he can grow to around 198cm to take on the monstor tall forwards that sometimes get on top of us due to their height.

Must say though in all honesty I don't know much about Woods though.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back