2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Giants posted their U16 team for today, but they also posted that there is also an U15's game vs us at 2:30pm

EDIT: Giants post says this game is being livestreamed via the AFL NSW/ACT Facebook page

Last edited:

Mason McGroder does stand out in open play given his size and the fact he is probably the quickest out there. Kingsley also looks good on his left

Fun! Imagine the melts if we took two F/S eligible Academy players in one year. At least Kingsley is eligible at a non-Vic side.

That said, he's been quiet this quarter, and I may have attributed some of his disposals to other players, it's hard to tell given the stream quality.
Yeah, he and Conrad Blackwell Smith (11) look similar.

Long way to go, but I think Aidan McCartney is the one who there is going to be a huge brawl over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how tall he ends up. I'm not sure if he'd be better growing into a genuine 200+cm ruckman or topping out around 194-196 and playing as either a mid or a key forward. He's 191cm now apparently, so not huge but plenty of time to grow.
Yep was going to say he definitely gives utility Blicavs vibes and will probably finish out at 196 or so which isn't ruckman size but he definitely has a massive leap advantage over other ruckman who are 5-6cm taller. My guess is a more agile Forward if he doesn't take up athletics

Yep was going to say he definitely gives utility Blicavs vibes and will probably finish out at 196 or so which isn't ruckman size but he definitely has a massive leap advantage over other ruckman who are 5-6cm taller. My guess is a more agile Forward if he doesn't take up athletics

Yeah just read he's a junior champion long jumper AND 400m runner. He's also still only 15, birthday in September, so he's younger than most of his teammates and oppo. Exciting prospect!

Apparently ranked in the top 2 in the world for junior long jump. Athletics might take him : (

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Maybe. More money in footy than long jump though, I'd think, which might help.

That said, no idea if he'll be good enough for footy, he showed some great flashes and is clearly a uniquely athletic prospect but there's a lot more to the game than physical attributes.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back