2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

It is because if there is a superstar player coming through then the Swans will have exclusive access so even though in the draft he could go pick 1 we will get him for pick 15 or something.
Yes but that's the same as Hawkins (clear pick 1), Viney at 20 odd, Liberatore in the 40s. The other teams can STFU

i have a question. In 2015 we have Josh Dunkley F/S but we also have Callum Mills both at this stage top quality 2015, can we use our first pick on dunkley, and our second on mills? or is it stiff s***?

i have a question. In 2015 we have Josh Dunkley F/S but we also have Callum Mills both at this stage top quality 2015, can we use our first pick on dunkley, and our second on mills? or is it stiff s***?

I think it is the second option. Ideally we would get one of them with our first pick and the other with our second but only if other clubs do not bid first round picks for both of them.

It is because if there is a superstar player coming through then the Swans will have exclusive access so even though in the draft he could go pick 1 we will get him for pick 15 or something.
They don't get "exclusive access", not really. Just like father/son they must nominate the draft pick they want to use and other clubs are free to offer a higher pick if they want to. It's also important to note that the Swans would have invested up to seven years of development effort (and cost) into getting that player ready for the draft - and for that one player they would probably have had literally hundreds of others pass through the Academy.

Doesn't it just work like F/S, i.e. you must use your first available pick if another club bids. But if you have 2 F/S picks in one year, can't you still get both? You just use pick 1 (first available) and pick 2 (becomes first available if pick 1 is already gone).

So we should get both, it'll just cost our first two picks?

I think it is the second option. Ideally we would get one of them with our first pick and the other with our second but only if other clubs do not bid first round picks for both of them.

I don't think so. When two Father/Son picks are available, e.g. when the Doggies drafted Wallis and Liberatore, they were always going to get them with their first and second pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rule's on both is the first available selection after the opposition clubs pick.

So lets say our first round selection was used on Dunkley and another club afterwards made a bid for Mill's in the first round our next available selection would be used on him (Our second round selection).

this is just a bit off topic, but if we end up getting heeney with our 1st pick(highly likely) do you reckon he'll play in 2015 and make his debut?

Looks like the other clubs might have taken notice

Darcy Moore is the most hyped player already aligned to a club - his dad Peter played 172 games for Collingwood - but Sydney Swans Academy player Isaac Heeney is worth keeping an eye on.

A strong, tough, inside midfielder who gets out of trouble and runs with the ball, Heeney has been very impressive while on tour with the AIS-AFL Academy. Having already shifted to Sydney from Newcastle with help from the Swans, expect them to be forced to use their first-round pick on him, and he is worth it.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-18/whos-the-next-no1-pick

U18 Rams 9.11 (65) defeated @VicCountryU18s 9.7 (61) in TAC Cup Practice Match today @ Visy Park.

Goals : Davis 2, Steele 2, Fyffe, Wetzlar, Thompson, Johns, Foster
Best: Finlayson, Steele, Abe Davis, Zac Fyffe, Flynn, Thompson

^ Swans Academy kids are in bold

U18 Rams 9.11 (65) defeated @VicCountryU18s 9.7 (61) in TAC Cup Practice Match today @ Visy Park.

Goals : Davis 2, Steele 2, Fyffe, Wetzlar, Thompson, Johns, Foster
Best: Finlayson, Steele, Abe Davis, Zac Fyffe, Flynn, Thompson

^ Swans Academy kids are in bold
how did dunkley go for the vic country?

mills got 26 disposals at 50% effiency, and the other main one Abe davis got 8 disposals 4 marks(2 con.) and kicked two goals. the swans will probably just goldmine players from NSW for the next couple of years:)

I think we should talk about this because the rams are playing in the TAC cup the weekend after I write this, and the u/18 starts in roughly a month. So to get us started: Who are you looking forward to see?

I think we should talk about this because the rams are playing in the TAC cup the weekend after I write this, and the u/18 starts in roughly a month. So to get us started: Who are you looking forward to see?
While i'm interested, it's hard to follow from overseas. Can you give us a run down? Key players, academy players etc...

The team

RAMS_Stingrays.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back