2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carmichael, King and Chamberlain all look very good prospects in 2025, but hopefully not too good as it will be hard to match all 3 if they go higher than 20 or so

I haven't seen anything of King in the games I have watched lately. Is he injured?
Was injured early in the season and i believe (not the best with info on him) but he is playing junior footy and apparently just kicked 9 goals in a game yesterday. His combine is what got me and Adnico26Parker excited because his preseason testing results would have been top of the 2023 class in like 3-4 categories

Was injured early in the season and i believe (not the best with info on him) but he is playing junior footy and apparently just kicked 9 goals in a game yesterday. His combine is what got me and Adnico26Parker excited because his preseason testing results would have been top of the 2023 class in like 3-4 categories

He has 18 goals in 5 games. 0, 3, 2, 4, 9.
That's in the top level mens in Newcastle/Central Coast.
3e7e099722dd7ca92594cc3842c97e37.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has 18 goals in 5 games. 0, 3, 2, 4, 9.
That's in the top level mens in Newcastle/Central Coast.
3e7e099722dd7ca92594cc3842c97e37.jpg

Do you know the quality roughly to the likes of the Sydney firsts comp? Because if it is roughly level then thats quality

Wouldn't mind him playing a few VFL games in the next few weeks to start integrating with the squad
I dunno. Watching him I feel like he would be better off playing at junior levels for as long as possible, to improve his decision making under less pressure - before throwing him in against men.

I dunno. Watching him I feel like he would be better off playing at junior levels for as long as possible, to improve his decision making under less pressure - before throwing him in against men.
I understand the thought process but would it be better to do the opposite and almost through him in the deep end to get him more exposure to the quicker game style and tougher game of the VFL level

I understand the thought process but would it be better to do the opposite and almost through him in the deep end to get him more exposure to the quicker game style and tougher game of the VFL level
I think if a player is struggling to handle the pressure when they have the ball and making bad decisions, they are better to go down a level than up.

Not sure playing in the VFL this year is going to help him much.

I think if a player is struggling to handle the pressure when they have the ball and making bad decisions, they are better to go down a level than up.

Not sure playing in the VFL this year is going to help him much.
Fair, can see the logic behind that

Do you know the quality roughly to the likes of the Sydney firsts comp? Because if it is roughly level then thats quality
It's below Sydney Premier, but there are some good players in the top 3 or 4 teams. I saw Max last year and it appeared he has some really good tools as a 16yo. Leads hard at the ball carrier, strong above his head. Didn't see him much in the mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back