Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

• Better 4 quarter effort, although I'm not super convinced with the start and the skills in the first quarter and a bit were shocking (and a few absolute howlers across the rest of the day too)....but the effort was there which is the first step in starting better.
  • Goalkicking is a huge worry, but in general thought our forward half was terrific today. McDonald been our best early in games a few weeks in a row now when the starts haven't been so-so. Paps really good early too, but it wasn't just individuals, collectively really good from the front half.
  • Midfield got on board in the second qtr and we looked good from there. Grundy so important to us, centre bounce is maybe the one area they could've got us but he really dominated the ruck today and didn't give them a chance. Our defence has been shaky and looked shaky early, but the mids and forwards really protected them today from the 2nd quarter onwards.
  • Loved seeing Parker back, tackling and actually V lining the ball and man. One of the few I would probably trust on a set shot too. Lost nothing having him in the side, added some necessary hardness imo. Sub could be a good role for him, would actually impact late in games as the fresh player...impact is something we have not been getting from our subs. McInerney injury super disappointing though, especially as a leg injury to a running player...fingers crossed he can play some games before finals, need him.
I do not want him as sub. I want him as the option in the mids that plays forward & kicks 5 goals lol. This guy is far too good to be sub

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tmac does some wrong no doubt in my mind

But to people remember he is 23 and our n1 key back already ?

He takes the n1 every week

Some are willing to let Logan off saying it takes time as a kf

Just remember he is the the actual n1 atm

Grundy and Richards were a duel , he hasn’t had that
Who is Melican? A Muppet? I think Lewis has been very good in a really good cohesive backline this year. They had their worst games for the year in the last two weeks. That is because our mids & forwards were not doing their jobs

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If It's in a GF, someone should bite the bullet and snipe the other teams KPPs.

Before I get banned, I'm joking.
If it happens midgame I think McLean is up to it.

If it's in a prelim I'm shit scared about ladhams. Need to give him a few run outs in the run home.

Pretty concerning first quarter, we were making sloppy skill errors and it wasn't as though North Melbourne were putting on massive pressure either. The game just felt like two bottom four teams going through the motions. Logan McDonald was very good early on when the game was still close.

We started the second quarter a bit better with Papley kicking two early ones, Grundy was back to his best. North missed a few easy chance, then made some simple turnovers that we punished.

Second half we were basically playing witches hats, but sometimes you need that to build up confidence and get back into groove.

Welcome back Luke Parker what a champion. :muscle:

Pretty concerning first quarter, we were making sloppy skill errors and it wasn't as though North Melbourne were putting on massive pressure either. The game just felt like two bottom four teams going through the motions. Logan McDonald was very good early on when the game was still close.

We started the second quarter a bit better with Papley kicking two early ones, Grundy was back to his best. North missed a few easy chance, then made some simple turnovers that we punished.

Second half we were basically playing witches hats, but sometimes you need that to build up confidence and get back into groove.

Welcome back Luke Parker what a champion. :muscle:

I have given up trying to understand the start to our games :sweatsmile:

North reverted back to early season North and looked cooked. Good pressure from us all game but some sloppy turnovers and kicks let us down. Goal kicking bit of a worry but it's fixable.
Nice to get a comfortable win again and get some game time into Parker and Mills. Jmac hopefully gets back before the finals. Would like to see if we could rest Blakey for a game before the finals looks a bit off it not sure if it's injury or just a lack of confidence.
See how we go against Brisbane they match up well on us and are formidable up at the Gabba.
I agree that Blakey was a bit off but would say he was a bit OVER confident. Not really watching the ball he dropped a couple of (for him) sitter marks and some mis-kicks. Not concentrating 100%.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back