2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what I thought - but was posted during the McGoder discussion and no name. Couldn't make sense of it.

McGroder athletics prodigy by the looks of things. Kid seems to be good at whatever he turns his hand to. Hope we don't lose him to athletics but who knows, just enjoy it while we can.

Sort of like Heeney. Excelled at every sport he tried.

That's what I thought - but was posted during the McGoder discussion and no name. Couldn't make sense of it.

McGroder athletics prodigy by the looks of things. Kid seems to be good at whatever he turns his hand to. Hope we don't lose him to athletics but who knows, just enjoy it while we can.

I hope he does athletics, wins a gold medal and then decides in a few years to switch back to AFL. 2 years out of the sport, bypass the draft and plop, straight on to our list

Happy days

Jason McCartney on SEN this morning spoke about Aidan briefly. Didn’t give much away, but said he had a soft spot for North. Been in our Academy for 5 years which can’t hurt.

Seems to be more and more North fans that think McCartney is going to pick the Swans. Sounds like Jason was on radio or something suggesting that it is more like for Aiden to stay in Sydney.

EDIT: Here is the Radio interview on the (19.07.24) - Around 9:50 mark. Make of it as you will

Seems to be more and more North fans that think McCartney is going to pick the Swans. Sounds like Jason was on radio or something suggesting that it is more like for Aiden to stay in Sydney.

EDIT: Here is the Radio interview on the (19.07.24) - Around 9:50 mark. Make of it as you will

There was a hint of desperation about North having him and his brother in the rooms during the North game and presenting them with jumpers and generally making a big deal about it on their socials.

There was a hint of desperation about North having him and his brother in the rooms during the North game and presenting them with jumpers and generally making a big deal about it on their socials.
Yea but it sounds like in the last 5 years he has been a member of the Swans academy and basically done nothing North related. Will be interesting to see how it plays out but also could help if other Swans boys from the u16 look like being drafted in the same class as him i would think

Yea but it sounds like in the last 5 years he has been a member of the Swans academy and basically done nothing North related. Will be interesting to see how it plays out but also could help if other Swans boys from the u16 look like being drafted in the same class as him i would think

They asked Jason straight up and the first team he mentioned was North, so I would still have them as his most likely destination.

They asked Jason straight up and the first team he mentioned was North, so I would still have them as his most likely destination.
They also said that they thought he was apart of the GWS academy, so idk if there is anything to take from it given the question didn't even mention the Swans in it

I come in peace guys.

JOE HARRISON
NICK ANDREACCHIO
JOEL COCHRAN
NOAH CHAMBERLAIN
LACHLAN CARMICHAEL
MAX KING
MASON McGRODER
AIDAN McCARTNEY
MACLEAN COBLE
GUY JENKIN
BEN PIGNATELLI
CONRAD BLACKWELL-SMITH
HUGH TAYLOR

I have nothing for 2028-31 though.

I come in peace guys.

JOE HARRISON
NICK ANDREACCHIO
JOEL COCHRAN
NOAH CHAMBERLAIN
LACHLAN CARMICHAEL
MAX KING
MASON McGRODER
AIDAN McCARTNEY
MACLEAN COBLE
GUY JENKIN
BEN PIGNATELLI
CONRAD BLACKWELL-SMITH
HUGH TAYLOR

I have nothing for 2028-31 though.

2028 is probably a bit too far away to really project. Even projecting 2 years in advance can be difficult.

I mean look at this 2019 under 16 AA team. How many names do you recognise?

AFL-U16s-AA-team.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2028 is probably a bit too far away to really project. Even projecting 2 years in advance can be difficult.

AFL-U16s-AA-team.jpg

All of those names I recognise.

AFL-U16s-AA-team.jpg
Aren't 12 of those guys currently on lists?
Banks, Sin, Bazzo, Chessar, Hobbs, JHF, Howes, Conway, Sonsie, Rachele, Hamilton & McVee

Yes but 12 of 22 implies the strike rate of identifying top talent at the age of 15 or 16 isn't that high and a lot can change in those 2 years.
I remember we took a kid called Smith , a big bodied forward who monstered kids at junior level , but got to AFL and he was not big or quick enough

Yes but 12 of 22 implies the strike rate of identifying top talent at the age of 15 or 16 isn't that high and a lot can change in those 2 years.
Yep 50% hit rate of squad players and 10-15% star hit rate 2 years out from the draft is crazy ngl and just shows how development paths are completely different for different players

Total of 9 Swans Academy boys in Saturday's U17's game:

Lachlan Carmichael
Ned Hardman
Louis Jans
Noah Chamberlain
Kaiden McNamara
Lucien Sennitt
Max King
Oscar Clifton
Reeve Simmons

From RMC article:

Plenty of intrigue will surround NSW/ACT gun Max King. A star at Under 16 level, he has been turning out in the Hunter Central Coast league this year. Fellow Swans Academy prospects and Allies teammates Noah Chamberlain and Lachlan Carmichael are also considered top talents.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back