2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Total of 9 Swans Academy boys in Saturday's U17's game:

Lachlan Carmichael
Ned Hardman
Louis Jans
Noah Chamberlain
Kaiden McNamara
Lucien Sennitt
Max King
Oscar Clifton
Reeve Simmons

From RMC article:

Plenty of intrigue will surround NSW/ACT gun Max King. A star at Under 16 level, he has been turning out in the Hunter Central Coast league this year. Fellow Swans Academy prospects and Allies teammates Noah Chamberlain and Lachlan Carmichael are also considered top talents.
King is one of the most intriguing prospects i have seen in a while just due to his pure athleticism at that height

ON NOW:

1. Lachlan Carmichael
3. Ned Hardman
4. Louis Jans
10. Noah Chamberlain
11. Kaiden McNamara
12. Lucien Sennitt
16. Max King
18. Oscar Clifton
30. Reeve Simmons

King is one of the most intriguing prospects i have seen in a while just due to his pure athleticism at that height
I know. I still can't figure out where he sits as a player - is he good enough before others based on what we've seen? Maybe not but you can't coach Tall.

I know. I still can't figure out where he sits as a player - is he good enough before others based on what we've seen? Maybe not but you can't coach Tall.
I can't even figure out his position let alone his quality 1. Because of his athleticism and 2. Because he was injured during the key period of the year

I can't even figure out his position let alone his quality 1. Because of his athleticism and 2. Because he was injured during the key period of the year
It's a bit like Cochran last year - he was playing a bit in the mids, and then rucked for a game or two, forward in the Futures game, now he seems settled in defence.

King was the dominant forward on the ground in the first quarter, and then wins the first centre clearance of the second quarter.

We might have to trade both our picks into next years draft if he keeps playing like this.

26 for vic country is the biggest 17yo I have ever seen.

He's available to the Dees as an NGA prospect is Tairon Ah Mu.

One of my oldest mates speaks highly of Tairon.

BONUS!

He's got a brother called Corey who's tall himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King getting midfield time alongside being a lead up marking forward. Still as confused as earlier to his best position but leaning more to the forward player

Just watching the first qtr of the futures match

1. Lachlan Carmichael
Playing a mix of HBF/mid by the looks. Got the ball but not as much as usual

3. Ned Hardman

Forward - small fwd? Playing in tandem with Jans and putting on a heap of pressure when the ball in the fwd half

4. Louis Jans
Playing on HFF. Linked in a few chains but nothing huge

10. Noah Chamberlain

Chamberlain on the wing which has not been his usual position. Hopefully becomes similar to Richo.

11. Kaiden McNamara
Not seen a heap

12. Lucien Sennitt
Believe he is playing as a tall defender? Not seen a heap of him/not prolific

16. Max King
Two marks in the fwd line scoring 1.1 with a big pack mark and slotting from about 45.

18. Oscar Clifton
Bean pole ruck. Got out bodied in the ruck contest.

30. Reeve Simmons
Very good in ruck, good tap work and was able to handle body contact

Just watching the first qtr of the futures match

1. Lachlan Carmichael
Playing a mix of HBF/mid by the looks. Got the ball but not as much as usual

3. Ned Hardman

Forward - small fwd? Playing in tandem with Jans and putting on a heap of pressure when the ball in the fwd half

4. Louis Jans
Playing on HFF. Linked in a few chains but nothing huge

10. Noah Chamberlain

Chamberlain on the wing which has not been his usual position. Hopefully becomes similar to Richo.

11. Kaiden McNamara
Not seen a heap

12. Lucien Sennitt
Believe he is playing as a tall defender? Not seen a heap of him/not prolific

16. Max King
Two marks in the fwd line scoring 1.1 with a big pack mark and slotting from about 45.

18. Oscar Clifton
Bean pole ruck. Got out bodied in the ruck contest.

30. Reeve Simmons
Very good in ruck, good tap work and was able to handle body contact

All the games I have watched Chamberlain this year, he has been wing/flank.

2nd qtr

1. Lachlan Carmichael
Looks very composed with ball in hand. Pushing up. Bit of play where he centre the ball about 40m to King played on to a runner which resulted in 26 scoring. Classy.

3. Ned Hardman

Quieter this qtr. Did not look to get a heap of it

4. Louis Jans
Playing on further up and involved in chain. Kicking a bit hit and miss. High motor game

10. Noah Chamberlain
Looks to have switch with King and playing fwd this qtr. Roaming CHF type linking up on the wing

11. Kaiden McNamara
Playing as a tall in defence - looks like third tall. Not afraid of cutting off VC i50s. Neat disposal with ball in hand

12. Lucien Sennitt
Not seen - may be deep defence or wing. Unsure

16. Max King
Forgot how tall he was, easily over 190cm. First clearance in the 2nd qtr. Strong marking ability.

18. Oscar Clifton
Progressing in contest but bigger rucks trouble him.

30. Reeve Simmons
Bit awkward at times with ball in hand but dominant ruck so far in the game

3rd qtr

1. Lachlan Carmichael
Composed. Exceptionally good out of the back half.

3. Ned Hardman

Puts on a heap of pressure on ball carrier in i50s, however need to get more of it. Nice intercept which lead to a set shot and goal from 50. Faded out a bit as qtr went on

4. Louis Jans
Looked to be playing fwd. Not a huge amount of influence that qtr

10. Noah Chamberlain
Nice mark deep but unable to convert. Switching between wing and fwd. Able to snag some big marks down the line. Loves contesting marks by the looks

11. Kaiden McNamara
Offers a bit off dash from the backline. Decent overhead mark

12. Lucien Sennitt
Small/med def - took a nice intercept. Been fairly good as a lock down player

16. Max King
Clean pick up at speed, very athletic. Getting some tight attention for opposite number. Been moved through onball and wing positions

18. Oscar Clifton
Rucked well and then played off of defence when resting by the looks

30. Reeve Simmons

Tap work was decent, beautiful set play that enabled an easy i50. Started asserting dominance late in the third

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back