2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

4th qtr

1. Lachlan Carmichael
First poor disposal of game in qtr 4. Shows how good he has been

3. Ned Hardman
Did not get much of the ball at all. Was up in i50 most of the game and had a few patches but overall not a memorable game from him. Provided pressure when needed but not a great game

4. Louis Jans
Very fumbly that qtr but did not see much of it. Provided good pressure off ball and on carrier.

10. Noah Chamberlain
Beautiful delivery by foot into i50 for set shot. Presents well up and down the line. Good burst of speed on him too

11. Kaiden McNamara
Beat in first one on one marking contest in the qtr. Had a decent overall game

12. Lucien Sennitt
Only seen him, and his opponent, once. Good lock down job on his opposite number. Few intercepts late on too.

16. Max King
Less impactful but has good disposal when given time. Good read of the ball. Needs a bit more composure with ball in hand when under pressure

18. Oscar Clifton
Was ok in the ruck and played around the ground to a good level. Had some good moments as a tap ruck

30. Reeve Simmons

Preferred ruck IMO. Reminded me of a less off the handle Mummy with his aggression. Was a huge part of a lovely burst of goals in the 3rd qtr for NSW/ACT

Other notes
14. Ryder Corrigan.
Industrious. Continually got the ball and presented/marked well. Was hit and miss with his disposal. Showed he can play up front too

15. Jim Houston.
GWS academy product. Was very good early up forward but then faded a bit as the game wore on. Was playing second banana with 25.

26. Liam Hetherton.
Dominant KPF in the game. Think he ended up with 4 goals. Marked and presented well. Potentially up there for BOG

I have a feeling that 2025 will be a very good year for the allies and we may need to push for another first next year.

4th qtr

1. Lachlan Carmichael
First poor disposal of game in qtr 4. Shows how good he has been

3. Ned Hardman
Did not get much of the ball at all. Was up in i50 most of the game and had a few patches but overall not a memorable game from him. Provided pressure when needed but not a great game

4. Louis Jans
Very fumbly that qtr but did not see much of it. Provided good pressure off ball and on carrier.

10. Noah Chamberlain
Beautiful delivery by foot into i50 for set shot. Presents well up and down the line. Good burst of speed on him too

11. Kaiden McNamara
Beat in first one on one marking contest in the qtr. Had a decent overall game

12. Lucien Sennitt
Only seen him, and his opponent, once. Good lock down job on his opposite number. Few intercepts late on too.

16. Max King
Less impactful but has good disposal when given time. Good read of the ball. Needs a bit more composure with ball in hand when under pressure

18. Oscar Clifton
Was ok in the ruck and played around the ground to a good level. Had some good moments as a tap ruck

30. Reeve Simmons

Preferred ruck IMO. Reminded me of a less off the handle Mummy with his aggression. Was a huge part of a lovely burst of goals in the 3rd qtr for NSW/ACT

Other notes
14. Ryder Corrigan.
Industrious. Continually got the ball and presented/marked well. Was hit and miss with his disposal. Showed he can play up front too

15. Jim Houston.
GWS academy product. Was very good early up forward but then faded a bit as the game wore on. Was playing second banana with 25.

26. Liam Hetherton.
Dominant KPF in the game. Think he ended up with 4 goals. Marked and presented well. Potentially up there for BOG

I have a feeling that 2025 will be a very good year for the allies and we may need to push for another first next year.
Add to that the talent in the 16s (if it continues to develop) and we might have two very good years 2025 and 2026.

Add to that the talent in the 16s (if it continues to develop) and we might have two very good years 2025 and 2026.

Considering 5 or so years ago it would have likely been a touch up.

Really good development signs

RMC's Scouting Notes from the U17's game

RMC BEST:
NSW/ACT:
L. Hetherton, R. Corrigan, L. Carmichael, M. King, N. Chamberlain, H. Wilson

#1 Lachlan Carmichael (Swans Academy)
Defender | 182cm | 27/08/2007

One of two Allies representatives afield, Chamberlain took some time to build into the game but offered his usual output down back. The prolific rebounder looked most dangerous when working into space beyond defensive 50, offering an outlet on the overlap and launching attacks by foot. His ball use makes his ability to rack up possessions all the more damaging.

#10 Noah Chamberlain (Swans Academy)
Wing/Forward | 191cm | 21/03/2007

Chamberlain looms as one of next year’s most promising prospects, with his versatility pointing towards enormous upside at 191cm. He started out on the wing and displayed great touch for a tall player, using his vision to hit inboard targets by hand and foot. The Allies representative competed hard at ground level before getting to showcase his aerial ability up forward in the second half. There, he was a reliable target down the line and utilised his punchy left-foot kicking brilliantly.

#16 Max King (Swans Academy)
Utility | 191cm | 09/01/2007

Having not turned out for the Swans Academy this year, King made a triumphant return to the representative scene in state colours. The freakishly athletic prospect started up forward and took little time to get his aerial game going, taking a series of one-grab contested marks in the first half. He went on to have a run in midfield and featured on the wing after half time, where he covered the ground beautifully and navigated tight spots with rare agility for a player his size.

Full article: https://central.rookieme.com/afl/2024/08/12/scouting-notes-2024-afl-u17s-vic-country-vs-nsw-act/

RMC's Scouting Notes from the U17's game

RMC BEST:
NSW/ACT:
L. Hetherton, R. Corrigan, L. Carmichael, M. King, N. Chamberlain, H. Wilson

#1 Lachlan Carmichael (Swans Academy)
Defender | 182cm | 27/08/2007

One of two Allies representatives afield, Chamberlain took some time to build into the game but offered his usual output down back. The prolific rebounder looked most dangerous when working into space beyond defensive 50, offering an outlet on the overlap and launching attacks by foot. His ball use makes his ability to rack up possessions all the more damaging.

#10 Noah Chamberlain (Swans Academy)
Wing/Forward | 191cm | 21/03/2007

Chamberlain looms as one of next year’s most promising prospects, with his versatility pointing towards enormous upside at 191cm. He started out on the wing and displayed great touch for a tall player, using his vision to hit inboard targets by hand and foot. The Allies representative competed hard at ground level before getting to showcase his aerial ability up forward in the second half. There, he was a reliable target down the line and utilised his punchy left-foot kicking brilliantly.

#16 Max King (Swans Academy)
Utility | 191cm | 09/01/2007

Having not turned out for the Swans Academy this year, King made a triumphant return to the representative scene in state colours. The freakishly athletic prospect started up forward and took little time to get his aerial game going, taking a series of one-grab contested marks in the first half. He went on to have a run in midfield and featured on the wing after half time, where he covered the ground beautifully and navigated tight spots with rare agility for a player his size.

Full article: https://central.rookieme.com/afl/2024/08/12/scouting-notes-2024-afl-u17s-vic-country-vs-nsw-act/
Are the ACT guys in the Giants zone?

Kath Loughlan on 360 said that Franklin is going to become a Gold Coast ambassador.

Pretty crushing seems to have quickly moved on from anything Sydney related.

Probably means no hope any of his kids will be playing AFL/AFLW for the Swans.

Ex footballer gets football related role near where they live. This is standard. Hopefully it's good for Gold Coast.

Ex Swans get coaching and development gigs elsewhere, good on them.

We got Blakey because his Dad worked/lived in Sydney, despite being F/S eligible elsewhere.

Kath Loughlan on 360 said that Franklin is going to become a Gold Coast ambassador.

Pretty crushing seems to have quickly moved on from anything Sydney related.

Probably means no hope any of his kids will be playing AFL/AFLW for the Swans.
Poor thing , who cares

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That looks almost Blakey like.

Also hope he picks AFL. Yes we don't offer gold medals but we potentially offer a lot more money than the long jump can.
Logic suggests if he is the best long jumper for his age in the world, then he is probably going to pursue that. Unfortunately for us.

Seems like the perfect example of someone we should be able to prelist to incentivise them to pick AFL.

Logic suggests if he is the best long jumper for his age in the world, then he is probably going to pursue that. Unfortunately for us.

Seems like the perfect example of someone we should be able to prelist to incentivise them to pick AFL.

Depends though as he could easily make a lot more money in his career in the AFL and he would not be limited to 2, perhaps 3 Olympics. Imagine an AFL career lasting 6 weeks over the course of 12 years.

Depends though as he could easily make a lot more money in his career in the AFL and he would not be limited to 2, perhaps 3 Olympics. Imagine an AFL career lasting 6 weeks over the course of 12 years.
Maybe.

Although there would always be an option to come back to an AFL career, whereas I am not sure it would work the other way around. Plus the incentive of going to a big American college on a scholarship.

Who knows. All I know is that his athletics background is a few levels above Scott Pendelbury's 'basketball background'.

Maybe.

Although there would always be an option to come back to an AFL career, whereas I am not sure it would work the other way around. Plus the incentive of going to a big American college on a scholarship.

Who knows. All I know is that his athletics background is a few levels above Scott Pendelbury's 'basketball background'.

100% this. He's projecting as a double or triple Olympian. The US colleges will know about him already and a free scholarship us almost a given. You just don't pass that up. Category B and bypassing the draft will always be an option later on, plus you're zero chance of winning an Olympic medal as a full time AFL player

Last edited:
100% this. He's projecting as a double or triple Olympian. The US colleges will know about him already and a free scholarship us almost a given. You just don't pass that up. Category B and bypassing the draft will always be an option later on, plus you're zero chance of winning an Olympic medal as a full time AFL player
And he could travel the world and make a lot of money, so I think footy would be a distant 2nd if I was him.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back