2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

How much do long jumpers make though?

It's not insignificant.

Better question. How many doors will open for an Olympian with a 4 year US college degree in the financial services capital of Australia after a late switch to the home town club.

He'll be fine. Swans could ask Mike Pyke to have a chat with him about multiple career paths and optimising opportunities

Finished 3rd, jumped a PB of 7.80.

That is the U20 WORLD Championships and he's 15. That is some talent. Just wow...
There is a chance that his physical development may limit his improvement as a long jumper if he gains too much weight. He would need to consider this as a possibility.

He is still well over one metre behind the current world record to put it in context.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

There is a chance that his physical development may limit his improvement as a long jumper if he gains too much weight. He would need to consider this as a possibility.

He is still well over one metre behind the current world record to put it in context.

Tbf the best jump in 2024 was 8.65 and the best jump aside from that in the 2020s was 8.54 so for him to jump a 7.80 it isn't the worst considering he is 15 and no one has gotten close to the WR for a long time in long jump

Tbf the best jump in 2024 was 8.65 and the best jump aside from that in the 2020s was 8.54 so for him to jump a 7.80 it isn't the worst considering he is 15 and no one has gotten close to the WR for a long time in long jump
His current performances are massive and if he keeps improving he will be a household name. But his body has a lot of development to go through and it happened to me that I became too heavy and my own jumping went backwards ( in the dark ages at a low club level).

Just saying. He might end up being more suited to AFL.

But i think he's now 25cms behind the U18 world record. He's tracking very well

Our U10
@QBE Academy assessment trials taking place tonight with kids across NSW.
These boys just told “Errol Gulden was at these trials when he was an U10 and now look where he is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expect a lot of our trades to be for futures
Don't really think that will be the case given next year we will have 2 future years worth of picks available on top of the 2025 picks. Also we all talk these 3 up but in reality currently non of them are making a huge draft capital dent. Let them all hide in the country leagues for the next year and rock up round 1 of the 2026 season out of no where

Don't really think that will be the case given next year we will have 2 future years worth of picks available on top of the 2025 picks. Also we all talk these 3 up but in reality currently non of them are making a huge draft capital dent. Let them all hide in the country leagues for the next year and rock up round 1 of the 2026 season out of no where
We have up to 3 players to consider (not counting if O'Loughlin is under F/S consideration), and with the new DVI and the discount going down to 10%, we'll need a few more picks IMO.

Clubs have said they want to trade into this year, and if they're willing to pay, I say make them pay!

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back