Preview Official Thread - Round 1 - Melbourne v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh the memories Weevil, the memories!

I think we have all mellowed a little since then. Look out- like others i will be on the Polec express by half time. You know it looks like Vossy and the selection committee have made a conscious decision not to be outmuscled by the dees. Personally i would rather us be out run rather than outmuscled. In saying that i am bullish about our chances tomorrow!

Was it against Gold coast the last time Merrett went foward (In home and away season)? and our back line seemed to fall apart from memory ash got a few goals in that game last season.

... i am bullish about our chances tomorrow!
So am I. I believe our team will click and smash the dees. Why? Because publicly all the "experts" have already pen in the Melbourne win. So they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. (And Melbourne are on a hiding to nothing as everyone expects them to win for Jimmy- and they don't seem to respond to that sort of pressure well).

So I reckon a lot of our young guys will have a point to prove. When they click as a team they play very well.

Lions by over 10 goals!

Oh and it doesn't hurt that a number of them can feel the hot breath on their neck of the guy behind them wanting their spot.

As for "family-first" Clarke we will be reminded again why it was such a relief to see him out the door. Those of you going to the G watch out for low flying aircraft who mistake Clarke for an airport paddle man with all the waving:D

Agreed. Depth is the issue here. Voss simply doesn't much to choose from at the moment in the KPP tall department.

People can say that it's Voss's fault (ala trade week 09') but I think that's a little unfair. Sure we lost Hendo but Staker came in and came in and gave us a genuine tall option forward and back. It really was an inspired bit of recruiting that. His injury is just as unfortunate and damaging to our list as Brown's. Clark the ingrate skipping town didn't help either.

We really are now paying the proce for poor drafting between 2003-2007. whatboutbob and I were discussing that on Google Chat the other day. Re-reading those drafts is painful stuff.

Disagree (bold)...is that allowed? Italics...surely you are not serious? Staker IMO is an average player.

Disagree (bold)...is that allowed? Italics...surely you are not serious? Staker IMO is an average player.

Staker IMO was a pretty clear trade win before the injury curse struck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have little confidence in this game.

You're not Pat Malone there, but I don't know any more if it is just pre-emptive bracing. Here's hoping the boys prove us wrong (not for the first time).

You're not Pat Malone there, but I don't know any more if it is just pre-emptive bracing. Here's hoping the boys prove us wrong (not for the first time).

Watching this half of footy just brings it home. Collingwood have not been that bad but the Hawks champs have turned it on when required. Franklin is playing up the ground in a way that Browny is not capable of anymore. We have no one of the calibre of Franklin, Rioli and a couple more and add to that they have Hodge on the pine! They have not won yet as Collingwood are more than capable but be that as it may if we had Browny back and say Drummond fit and flying I am unable to imagine us being in the class of these two teams.

I am resigned to a long season or three and no amount of tinkering at a coaching level makes me think we can come back in the short to medium term.

We are so far off those two teams... but many other clubs are too.

Is the gap widening?

Does help that the Hawks and Pies don't lose any good players to expansion teams while struggling teams do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back