Grizz's cruel punishment for a crap thread Offseason: Winners and Losers - S34

Remove this Banner Ad

OWaL.png

With Season 34 just about to start, let us take a look at all 13 teams INs and OUTs to determine which Sweet-FA teams were the winners and losers of the offseason.

Ophidian Old Boys

ophidian.png

INs:

Tigerturbulance (Furies), 2inchmagic (Rookie), Nunez (Return), Elton Johns Wig (Warriors), Over The Post (Rookie), Dudikins (Rookie), Chili (Rookie), Mrs Turbo (Rookie), Fleabane (Rookie), Callums_Guns (Demons), Heisenberg_ (Return), The Jesus (Bombers), The Cryptkeeper (Rookie), Hoos (Return), Mobbs (Roys), haydo (Demons), BRAB (Royals), U2tigers (Furies), FireKrakouer (Rookie), MC Bad Genius (Phoenix), Wickzki (Return), Ned_Flanders (Gumbies), Bonz (Dragons)​

A very impressive amount of INs, 23 to be exact, that is far and away more than any other team. Turbo has outdone himself with recruiting (although to be fair they've been recruiting for more than one season beforehand).

OUTs: NIL

Incredibly, the Old Boys managed to keep everyone during the offseason, no retirements or delistings whatsoever. Simply outstanding*

Old Boys have gone big during the offseason and get a big tick of approval in the win column.
winner.png
*yes this is satire​

Roys FFC
roys.png
INs:​
DERRINALPHIL (R), Kabanna (returning), Aristotle Pickett (Gumbies)​

Only 3 ins for the Roys this season with a solitary rookie included. Seems like they were more on the defensive this offseason with their team list.

OUTs:​
Mobbs (OOB), Dingster (Phoenix) , Freo_4eva (delisted), MoscowHawk (delisted)​

4 outs in total with 2 of those being huge outs in Mobbs and Dingster (2/3rds of the #WoshDingedMobbs group). These big losses will put a dent in the team for sure, but will it have any long term effect on the teams posting output? Only time will tell.

One more out than in, and 2 massive losses with over 100+ average posts per match thread going out the door means this offseason the Roys are big losers.
loser.png

Coney Island Warriors
warriors.png
Agent93 (Phoenix), Cesoir (returning), WaywardSonSon (returning), FurTheWin (Rookie), SBYM (Rookie), spudmaster (Rookie)​

One big in with Agent93 and a whole bunch of nobodies. At least they have a bunch of rookies to look forward to delisting next season.

OUTs:
NaturalDisaster (Furies), Elton Johns Wig (Ophidian Old Boys), A Swallow (Dragons), adogsfan5 (delisted)

4 outs with 3 of them being mid-sized keyboard typers. Most would see losing the ex-admin NaturalDisaster as a positive, and it would be, if it was any other team but the Warriors.

6 ins and 4 outs, but the outs just feel more important. It is a close one that could end up being a win if a couple of their rookies fire, but currently the meter is tilting slightly in the loser margin.
loser.png

Baghdad Bombers
bombers.png
gab213 (Rookie), Sun Ra (Rookie), YeoGabbaGabba (Rookie), PetWussy (Rookie), Ligma (Royals)​

It's never a good sign when you get Ligma, but in the Bombers case it might actually not be so bad. 4 rookies is a largish haul, but Bombers go through rookies like the Australian public goes through toilet paper. I will be keeping an eye on PetWussy this season to make sure they don't become PryDussy. No one wants that.

Noidenous (Perma'd), Bearded Carpenter (Delisted), Bamboo Harvester (Delisted), The Jesus (OOB)​

Noid is a big loss in match thread posting. 2 delisting and one old boy barely come into consideration. I mean The Jesus hasn't been relevant in like 5 seasons (one podcast episode doesn't count as a comeback).

So this will entirely come down to whether Ligma is a good enough replacement for Noid. I like Ligma so it will be a win in my books.
winner.png

Gumbies FFC
gumbies.png
Catsnlakers (Sin City Swamprats), rye (Rookie), Sky (Returning), The Foolback (Rookie)​

HUGE! ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE INS for Gumbies. Catsnlakers was heavily under-appreciated at Sin City and is a big in. 2 rookies of EKA winning calibre will easily rival any others the rest of the competition has. Sky is returning which is good because I missed seeing the clouds.

Ned_Flanders (Ophidian Old Boys FFC), Aristotle Pickett (Roys FFC), Riviat (retired), Spuddd (retired), WaLkEr_ThE_StAr (retired), Dayts (delisted)​

Flanders is gone. Thank the heavens :praying:. Aristotle had a single season look around and went back home. 3 retirements with Riviat being the biggest and most difficult to replace. And one delisting of a poster that I don't think ever existed.

6 outs and 4 ins with a huge retirement from Riviat, but a big gain with catsnlakers. THIS IS THE BIGGEST WIN OF THEM ALL!*
winner.png
*we have reviewed the findings of DenieD's claim of Gumbies FFC win and declare no bias found​

Mount Buller Demons
demons.png
Marlowe (GCR), CrimsonViolet (FUR)​

Only 2 ins for the Demons but they are massive. Marlowe is a gem. CrimsonViolet is also there too I guess.

Callums_Guns (OOB), DERO (ESP), jmoo wan (ESP), haydo (OOB)​

A big out with Callums_Guns who at one point a couple of seasons ago was the top poster at the Demons. They lost two werewolf players in DERO and jmoo wan so at least they don't have to try and pry them away from that game every week. haydo is an old boy now so thats a thing.

One huge out and one huge in, so it all comes down to whether Crimson is equal in value to DERO, jmoo and haydo. It's close but because Demons only have two ins (currently equal lowest number of ins), they just slightly tip over into the loser bracket.
loser.png

Gold City Royals
royals.png
Kapow!!! (Returning), ferball (Returning)​

Two returning posters that I haven't heard of. At least Kapow!!! has exclamation marks.

BRAB (OOB), Marlowe (Demons), Ligma (Bombers), omgfridge (Furies)​

Marlowe is a huge out and an automatic loss for the Royals no matter what. Ligma is also gone, as well as their fridge rental license and BRAB ! Holy hell!

This is easily the biggest loser this offseason and possibly ever in the history of Sweet-FA.
loser.png

Part Two will be out when the rest of the teams submit their team lists

DD, you're drunk. Go home. Bombers are losers because of TL15 alone. Catsnlakers will be a good addition for us but losing Ned_Flanders and Riviat would be a huge blow to any side. And a former beez winner and EKA winner replacing Callums_Guns and three part-time posters (who I love, but let's be real here) makes them losers? Please. The Demons are quietly the big winners of the offseason so far.

DD, you're drunk. Go home. Bombers are losers because of TL15 alone. Catsnlakers will be a good addition for us but losing Ned_Flanders and Riviat would be a huge blow to any side. And a former beez winner and EKA winner replacing Callums_Guns and three part-time posters (who I love, but let's be real here) makes them losers? Please. The Demons are quietly the big winners of the offseason so far.
Come on mate, four new rookies and a player from another club is a win in anyone's language, no matter who is out.

MBD have done exceptional with 2 of the biggest signings this off season however the Royals will want bangers to bounce back to help recover from the 4 quality players that have departed. In which all 4 will add something special to each of the clubs they have moved to

Riviat is huge out for you guys and sad to see him retire, 1 player that I enjoyed coming up against when playing the Gumbies. Hopefully returns soon.

However DD, has recruited well again and done alot of work behind the scenes to secure some more rookies - credit too him and all the LG

He didn’t even mention our new rookie sausageroll

Come on mate, four new rookies and a player from another club is a win in anyone's language, no matter who is out.
Barrybran has just had his breakfast mate and you know what it does to him.

7YDbI8G.jpg

Thanks to The Greatest Ava :)

If it wasn’t for the Royals and Furies, we’d all be laughing at how far the Bombers have fallen this off season

If it wasn’t for the Royals and Furies, we’d all be laughing at how far the Bombers have fallen this off season
We really don't care mate, five new players all with something to offer you know we'll be the talk of the town again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You despise us but bring us up at every opportunity.
Delicious.

Dear DenieD
Our new team pm is already raging and I can confirm we are already struggling to fit everyone who wants a spot into a team sheet, to add more people to our list would have been dumb, selfish, and caused more issues considering we averaged 19 - 20 posters every week last season.
We’re not trying to replace Mobbs and Ding because you can’t, we also don’t collapse in a heap when 2 people leave the list.

Also get stuffed and I’m gonna bomb you with timed posts for the next 10 years 😘
Cheers
Signed, Season 33 Premiers 🍸

E2650F28-956E-414E-894E-D227B859B867.png

Last edited:
3 of the 4 Royals outs were basically inactives by the 2nd half of the season, more than happy for them to rediscover their passion for the league with a fresh start.

Fridge we expect back during the mid season trade period when he gets bored of fortnite
More Fall Guys season at the moment.

Though we got a Fortnite W last night too 🤗

My guys just done basic maths and decided if you had more outs than ins then you lost

It’s all about the quantity than the quality.

It’s why Pickitt won the Beez last season

Dear DenieD
Our new team pm is already raging and I can confirm we are already struggling to fit everyone who wants a spot into a team sheet, to add more people to our list would have been dumb, selfish, and caused more issues considering we averaged 19 - 20 posters every week last season.
We’re not trying to replace Mobbs and Ding because you can’t, we also don’t collapse in a heap when 2 people leave the list.

Also get stuffed and I’m gonna bomb you with timed posts for the next 10 years 😘
Cheers
Signed, Season 33 Premiers 🍸

View attachment 1460369

You tell em Queen.

I was courted by at least a couple of other SFA teams, but I just couldn't leave the best team in the bees wax, especially with so many amazing teammates.

And yes we will miss Moobs and Dingaling a lot, but we replaces quality with quality with new superstar recruits in Kabanna and Aristotle Pickett

My guys just done basic maths and decided if you had more outs than ins then you lost
But in theory, if 2 of the outs never posted and 2 did, and you bring in 3 that have already posted more than the first 2 then by my calculations you’re 1 poster up…therefore a winner

35AC68DC-BDD5-4E50-81E4-BB819044FB85.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back