Media S37 Rising Star - Congratulations to our winner Pamcake1

Remove this Banner Ad

You can imagine how long the queue is at IKEA for their 50% off Friday main meals.

Not even sure I’ll get to the front of the queue before they close at 8pm.

If anyone wants to put in an order for meatballs, don’t bother, they’ll probably be sold out. And a bit cold before I get them to you via Uberfew Eatz and Drinx.

Meat Ball Lol GIF by Justin Gammon

############## Thank you all very kindly
##########################################################################The Alien is alive and well and comfortably numb###
Awesome award!
Great post🤣🥂
💖

View attachment 2025931

Thank you Ocha905 for your stellar work this evening and congratulations to all of our additional award winners. We're now at the pointy end of proceedings as we reach the top five rookies of Season 37 - JuddgementDay, myblueroan, My Cotchin Rules, Nothing and Pamcake1 remain in the hunt for the coveted Rising Star award. Without further ado, here's 5th and 4th in our leaderboard.

View attachment 2025937

Nothing put together a great season as a crafty half forward flank for the Royals after being picked up off the Werewolf board for Season 37. His nomination was achieved relatively late in the piece with 17 disposals, 6 marks and 65 DT points in Round 16 against the Gumbies. Averaging 14 disposals, 4 marks and 1.3 goals per game, his 68.8 DT points ranks him sixth amongst all half forwards in the Sweet FA for Season 37.

View attachment 2025940

Our EKA winner is now off the board! myblueroan slots into fourth in our Rising Star places with a season spent predominantly in the forward pocket. Her goalkicking nous was well received across the league, with 27 home & away majors enough to secure the Mini-FRED and a place in the All-SFA team in a wonderful first season. She moved into the midfield later in the season and showed great form as a rover and will be vital to the Old Boys' premiership hopes on Sunday afternoon.

Congratulations To Nothing aka Mr Zilch a most formidable WW player & myblueroan also formidable in the WW sandpit.

happy clapping GIF

It is (you guessed it) a great honour to present the Rising Star Post of the Year to -

View attachment 2025919

Here's the post in full -

Who the Bears think they are:

2ba1937c4a5746f087ca476410228813.jpg

Who the Bears actually are:

b6abba5a3f42b6ea0f9681e40d099e9a.jpg

Bear facts for Wonders:
Historically likes to dance for money on the street.
Likes honey coated Piglet and Pooh Sticks.
Historically located attached to Sebastian Flyte.
Roosevelt is not their last name.
Can generally be found inhabiting pillows in childrens bedrooms and kindergartens.
Fur is often unhygenically coated in child slobber and sticky unidentified matter, do not cuddle.
Do not poke as they can growl.
Often known as 'Care Bears' they actually don't care at all.
It's winter which means they are very sleepy and getting ready to hibernate.

END QUOTE -

I'm a superstitious person when it comes to qooty and believe some posts can determine matches. And after this all out takedown, the Wonders winning the Final against the Bears was a mere formality. Pamcake1 is building quite a renown as a formidable adversary who is not to be trifled with in any forum (Werewolf players will never forget her impersonation of an alien during a recent game). Las Vegas haven't seen such disrespect since Warriors legend Frankston Rover won the qlubs Pwded Award Trophy with a similarly blistering take down.

Congratulations Pam on a barnstorming first season! I sincerely hope I'm not the recipient of your wrath in future matchday threads! A top 5 placement (at least) in the Rising Star is another indication of how highly you're regarded around these parts.
By far the rookiest sookiest post
My love for it is unrequited.❤️
A masterpiece by our 8th Wonder Pamzilla.

Well done Nothing. We are very pleased to have you on our team!
Nice work @Nothing!🥂
You are always a winner to me.
Anyone who likes a Mod Kill as much as you is tops in my book.😀

Award Ceremony - Rank 3 - My Cotchin Rules
Rising Star Banner.png

It's been a long night but we're finally ready to bring out some silverware and start announcing our podium places. Three rookies remain to be placed - JuddgementDay from the Old Boys, My Cotchin Rules from the Swamprats and Pamcake1 from the Wonders. First, the bronze medal for third in the S3 Rising Star.

3 MyCotchin Rules.png

My Cotchin Rules can sometimes fly under the radar in a Swamprats line-up that has been good enough to book a place in the Grand Final - but make no mistake, MCR has rapidly become one of the best forwards in the Sweet FA in his debut season. He was one of the first players nominated, with his Round 3 performance against the Warriors making the league sit up and take note as he finished with 17 disposals, 9 marks and 4 goals and he will be hoping to provide similar spark on Sunday afternoon at SFA Park. Averaging nearly 15 disposals, 5 marks and 1.4 goals per game, his DT average of 62.8 is second amongst all half forwards in the league.

It is a great honour to announce the winner of Goal Kicker of the Year (let's call it the mini-Fred) to -

View attachment 2025847

The SFA is truly the place miracles happen.
Here's where an online community comes together in complete unity with nary a shitfight to be seen. Um, actually forget that.
How about a place where a simulated God fairly and equitably decides winners of the competition... Remembers I'm a Warrior... nevermind...

Ok ok, how about a place where a blue horse can kick snags upon snags. As some 90's celebrities once said -

Fortunately myblueroan proved it was more than possible for the equine community to achieve their dreams of playing and thriving in the SFA. MBR Kicked a remarkable 27 goals in the regular season before adding another 3 in the dominant Qualifying Final win against the Swamprats. Most of the goals came predominantly from the Ruck Rover position although a massive 5 goals straight was achieved in round 2 against the Dragons playing forward in just her 2nd game. Along with her immense matchday thread contributions it wasn't long before the Old Boy's knew they had a special rookie at their qlub.

The OOB's are going to need a big contribution from MBR in the Grand Final if they are to achieve their preordained prophecy of #cup2spoon2cup

Congratulations to MBR on a fine season! This award can sit pretty next to your newly acquired EKA trophy.

I’ve been meaning to ask myblueroan all season, whether she’s
Right foot
Left foot
Back right foot
Back left foot
Or ambibambidextorous

Congrats Roamy on all those goals.

It is a great honour to announce the winner of Goal Kicker of the Year (let's call it the mini-Fred) to -

View attachment 2025847

The SFA is truly the place miracles happen.
Here's where an online community comes together in complete unity with nary a shitfight to be seen. Um, actually forget that.
How about a place where a simulated God fairly and equitably decides winners of the competition... Remembers I'm a Warrior... nevermind...

Ok ok, how about a place where a blue horse can kick snags upon snags. As some 90's celebrities once said -

Fortunately myblueroan proved it was more than possible for the equine community to achieve their dreams of playing and thriving in the SFA. MBR Kicked a remarkable 27 goals in the regular season before adding another 3 in the dominant Qualifying Final win against the Swamprats. Most of the goals came predominantly from the Ruck Rover position although a massive 5 goals straight was achieved in round 2 against the Dragons playing forward in just her 2nd game. Along with her immense matchday thread contributions it wasn't long before the Old Boy's knew they had a special rookie at their qlub.

The OOB's are going to need a big contribution from MBR in the Grand Final if they are to achieve their preordained prophecy of #cup2spoon2cup

Congratulations to MBR on a fine season! This award can sit pretty next to your newly acquired EKA trophy.

Congratulations on the mini Fred myblueroan

View attachment 2025952

It's been a long night but we're finally ready to bring out some silverware and start announcing our podium places. Three rookies remain to be placed - JuddgementDay from the Old Boys, My Cotchin Rules from the Swamprats and Pamcake1 from the Wonders. First, the bronze medal for third in the S3 Rising Star.

View attachment 2025954

My Cotchin Rules can sometimes fly under the radar in a Swamprats line-up that has been good enough to book a place in the Grand Final - but make no mistake, MCR has rapidly become one of the best forwards in the Sweet FA in his debut season. He was one of the first players nominated, with his Round 3 performance against the Warriors making the league sit up and take note as he finished with 17 disposals, 9 marks and 4 goals and he will be hoping to provide similar spark on Sunday afternoon at SFA Park. Averaging nearly 15 disposals, 5 marks and 1.4 goals per game, his DT average of 62.8 is second amongst all half forwards in the league.

Excited The Muppet Show GIF by Muppet Wiki

Congratulations My Cotchin Rules and best of luck for Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Award Ceremony - Rank 2 - JuddgementDay
Rising Star Banner.png

Now for second - an unlucky position because it was a very difficult decision to rank the final two players in Pamcake1 and JuddgementDay. One a raging favourite for most of the season, the other a quiet achiever who has been pivotal to his team's success and a standout in his position. But alas, there may only be one winner. And one best loser.

2 JuddgementDay.png

JuddgementDay did not get nominated for this award until Round 18 but that is more an indictment on my juddgement (geddit?) than his qootballing ability. It was more of a body of work nomination on that day, with 18 disposals against the Royals, but what a body of work it was! JD was perhaps unlucky to not sneak a spot in the All-SFA team in Season 37 as he was statistically the best half back in the entire league averaging 15 disposals, 5 marks and 1.4 tackles per game. He's been an instrumental cog in a dominant Old Boys backline and despite missing out on Rising Star honours he'll no doubt be focused on bringing home a premiership on Sunday to cap off a wonderful debut season.

View attachment 2025972

Now for second - an unlucky position because it was a very difficult decision to rank the final two players in Pamcake1 and JuddgementDay. One a raging favourite for most of the season, the other a quiet achiever who has been pivotal to his team's success and a standout in his position. But alas, there may only be one winner. And one best loser.

View attachment 2025981

JuddgementDay did not get nominated for this award until Round 18 but that is more an indictment on my juddgement (geddit?) than his qootballing ability. It was more of a body of work nomination on that day, with 18 disposals against the Royals, but what a body of work it was! JD was perhaps unlucky to not sneak a spot in the All-SFA team in Season 37 as he was statistically the best half back in the entire league averaging 15 disposals, 5 marks and 1.4 tackles per game. He's been an instrumental cog in a dominant Old Boys backline and despite missing out on Rising Star honours he'll no doubt be focused on bringing home a premiership on Sunday to cap off a wonderful debut season.

Congratulations JuddgementDay

Remove this Banner Ad

Media S37 Rising Star - Congratulations to our winner Pamcake1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back