Media Old Boy's take chance on a fresh new Recruit

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when do rookies need their own media thread two months before their debut game?

Instead of blaming me for contributing to a thread, maybe think about why you’re putting your rookie out there that early?

Back in my day rookies would be introduced to the league through Team PM’s and encouraged into match threads and team threads—- no one in the league should have a media thread dedicated to them until at least their 100th game
****ing fun police over here

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Since when do rookies need their own media thread two months before their debut game?

Instead of blaming me for contributing to a thread, maybe think about why you’re putting your rookie out there that early?

Back in my day rookies would be introduced to the league through Team PM’s and encouraged into match threads and team threads—- no one in the league should have a media thread dedicated to them until at least their 100th game
so if we play 18 games a season on average, it would take a poster 5 seasons or 2 and a half years to get 100 games up and have a media thread about them.

terrific engagement policy you idiot!

******* fun police over here

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE
Don't be harsh on Mc Melty,
he means well but unfortunately has no idea what real people find acceptable,
one day he may venture out into the real world and meet a human,
then understand how far off he is with what he thinks is social engagement.

If you don’t want a S37 rookie spoken about, maybe don’t make a dedicated media thread about them when there’s still more than two weeks to go of Season 36.

Maybe let the guy find his feet himself rather than making media about someone who’s made about as many posts in the past few months as fumbler
camel selfies GIF

just when I was starting to get annoyed by that serial pest McM for attacking a rookie who hadn't even had a day in the place,

a camel comes along and makes me laugh :D:p

well done kenneyswarriors and so happy you are at Spotswood, you are my Favorite camel by a long shot

and you my friend unlike that McMelty idiot actually get the place

way to promote new posters to the SWEET,
seriously Senor Melt pull your head in when you don't know what your talking about,
I've just got a new poster to this site and this type of crap does not help engage them or make them feel welcomed
and you wonder why the SFA is having trouble attracting posters

seriously Melty you are why we lose posters
Maybe save this stuff for your team thread then Turbo. Put it on the main forum and expect the typical response.

No one cares you got a rookie recruit.

Last edited:

:100:

I've no issue with the threads, gets activity up and it also gives the poster their first dip into the SFA as well.
that's because you are a normal human who likes to see engagement and this place grow

as apposed to a abnormal human who pretends they want to see growth but does everything they can to put people down and make them leave

Disclaimer: the abnormal person referred to may or may not be Senor M. Any resemblance to Senor M may or may be coincidental and a reflection of the idiot he may or may not be.

If they don’t it’s not because of the OOB’s, as they are a great team of banterers (is there such a word?) a close second to you know who. 😉

Are they a close second to the OOB reserves, that’s who you mean right?

that's because you are a normal human who likes to see engagement and this place grow

as apposed to a abnormal human who pretends they want to see growth but does everything they can to put people down and make them leave

Disclaimer: the abnormal person referred to may or may not be Senor M. Any resemblance to Senor M may or may be coincidental and a reflection of the idiot he may or may not be.
first-time-james-franco.gif

You don't put a seedling in full sun until you've carefully cultivated it away from the harsh climate Turbo. Never grown a mully in your life?

Maybe save this stuff for your team thread then Turbo. Put it on the main forum and expect the typical response. No one cares you got a rookie recruit.
during the season I agree,
but with only 2 teams playing Sunday and 7 teams no longer playing this is the time to actually post media.

But if the criteria is don't post media people don't care about then I guess we should all stick to our team PMs and stop posting anything to do with our teams. Guess 80% of current current media should be deleted if that's the case.

during the season I agree,
but with only 2 teams playing Sunday and 7 teams no longer playing this is the time to actually post media.
This isn't media. It's a line in a squad submission.

You can't genuinely be shocked at the usual responses even 50-100 gamers receive. Let's be honest even the most rusted on players get about half a dozen responses in a 100 game thread, 80% of them negative or contrary.

If you're worried about the impression this gives your rookies, don't put them in the gun. Can't blame the league for putting them out there like this months before they even set foot in the place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe save this stuff for your team thread then Turbo. Put it on the main forum and expect the typical response.

No one cares you got a rookie recruit.
Fun police number 2

You and Senor M should start your own club

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

This isn't media. It's a line in a squad submission.
sorry I tried to bring a new player in and make them feel like they had joined something special

in future I will keep any fan fare in the team PM

thankyou for straightening me out and showing me my error Boss

sorry I tried to bring a new player in and make them feel like they had joined something special

in future I will keep any fan fare in the team PM

thankyou for straightening me out and showing me my error Boss
Genuine question, since you've gone all meta on us here. Why wouldn't you do that in your team thread? You've been around long enough to know that.

If you're genuinely seeking fanfare for them and making them feel special, they'll get a bazillion likes and tags and the rest in your team thread where 90% of the league won't bother to even venture.

Why would anyone outside of your club give a flying fig about this? Senor M is an easy target because he's regularly an arseh*le, but I'm sorry he's pretty on the money this time.

Genuine question, since you've gone all meta on us here. Why wouldn't you do that in your team thread? You've been around long enough to know that.

If you're genuinely seeking fanfare for them and making them feel special, they'll get a bazillion likes and tags and the rest in your team thread where 90% of the league won't bother to even venture.

Why would anyone outside of your club give a flying fig about this?
we did welcome them in the team PM

the media is about matching Qooty with Footy, so I went down the draft line which we have just gone through

so sorry I am trying to have fun in a fantasy world, maybe I need to take it more seriously..........

we did welcome them in the team PM

the media is about matching Qooty with Footy, so I went down the draft line which we have just gone through

so sorry I am trying to have fun in a fantasy world, maybe I need to take it more seriously..........
Mate have whatever fun you like. But you don't get to dictate the response you get, just like my opinion isn't worth a pinch of shit to you and your rookie.

Nice melt tho. :D

Mate have whatever fun you like. But you don't get to dictate the response you get, just like my opinion isn't worth a pinch of s**t to you and your rookie.

Nice melt tho. :D
thanks for your input and advice TIF,

so for the Old Boys its

business-as-usual-james-esl-english-lessons.gif

Back in your day?

what 4 seasons ago LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Old Boy's take chance on a fresh new Recruit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back