Media 🍺THE B.O.O.B - S37 BEST OPHIDIAN OLD BOY Award night🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2027018
Ill head back over to the bar and get us a couple more Pina coladas DemurePrincess to celebrate

View attachment 2027022

Would you like one too myblueroan Fleabane ?
Most definitely, thanks Mrs T. I'll be right over!

road trip motorcycle GIF by Chippy the Dog

I’d also like to recognize a much loved and admired player who will be leaving us now her 4-season contract has expired. Fleabane you have been a champion in agreeing to join the OOB as a rookie for the clubs first season. It’s sad to see you go and I know all your team mates feel the same, but know you will always be loved and welcomed at Spotswood. As a founding member of the club and premiership player you have a significant standing in Spotswood’s history. On behalf of the Old Boys, thank you for your contributions and even more for being a great team mate.

I am missing you already Fleabane :(

I’d also like to recognize a much loved and admired player who will be leaving us now her 4-season contract has expired. Fleabane you have been a champion in agreeing to join the OOB as a rookie for the clubs first season. It’s sad to see you go and I know all your team mates feel the same, but know you will always be loved and welcomed at Spotswood. As a founding member of the club and premiership player you have a significant standing in Spotswood’s history. On behalf of the Old Boys, thank you for your contributions and even more for being a great team mate.

Thank you dear Turbo. You are a fantastic captain and we are lucky to have you. To the rest of the LG, what a great bunch you are. I just stepped in for a bit while U2tigers was gone but enjoyed it thoroughly. My curious self loved knowing just that bit more about what was going on!

I feel pretty happy that I am leaving the club when it's in great shape, rather than worried about leaving a sinking ship. I'm going to focus on some creative projects and in order to do so will spend a lot less time online - that's the plan anyway. I need to make a stand and achieve some of the things I want to achieve. Have a complete break. Website blockers are not enough, not for this queen of procrastination!

I'm pretty fond of the Sweet FA and the people here so it's not going to be easy as I'll miss everyone (quite a lot I suspect as I am on here a lot more than you might realise from my woeful posting numbers!) but I've been wanting to do this for some time. Thanks to everyone from my team and other teams for making it so much fun.

Now, let's go and beat up some Swamprats in tomorrow's GF! Yes, these are huge swamp rats ...

Sea Lion Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

p.s. congratulations everyone on all your awards!

Last edited:
Thank you dear Turbo. You are a fantastic captain and we are lucky to have you. To the rest of the LG, what a great bunch you are. I just stepped in for a bit while U2tigers was gone but enjoyed it thoroughly. My curious self loved knowing just that bit more about what was going on!

I feel pretty happy that I am leaving the club when it's in great shape, rather than worried about leaving a sinking ship. I'm going to focus on some creative projects and in order to do so will spend a lot less time online - that's the plan anyway. I need to make a stand and achieve some of the things I want to achieve. Have a complete break. Website blockers are not enough, not for this queen of procrastination!

I'm pretty fond of the Sweet FA and the people here so it's not going to be easy as I'll miss everyone (quite a lot I suspect as I am on here a lot more than you might realise from my woeful posting numbers!) but I've been wanting to do this for some time. Thanks to everyone from my team and other teams for making it so much fun.

Now, let's go and beat up some Swamprats in tomorrow's GF! Yes, these are huge swamp rats ...

Sea Lion Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos's Funniest Home Videos
IMG_2502.jpeg
Sorry! It must be the wine and this! 👆🏻

Let’s do this sister!! 💪🏻💪🏻

It’s Rat sacking time!! 😈

Congratulations DemurePrincess thoroughly deserved, obviously up against tough opposition playing with the OOB’s but you have been like a breath of fresh air in the SFA & it obviously shone through in your teammates eyes, well bloody done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BEST ON GROUND - THE BOG

And the winner on 1176DT with a team high 151 kicks, 89 Tackles and Frees For 40, our magical Ruck Rover thewizardmelon. The Wiz in his first season with the Ophidian Old Boys has made an instant impact both as a great qooty player and even better team mate.

Congratulations on a great on field season and being named the Ophidian Old Boy’s S37 Best on Ground winner thewizardmelon.

Congratulations thewizardmelon , awesome performance!

MASTER QOAL KICKER TROPHY

The winner with 70 qoals is our Full Forward Harvey Manfrenjensenden who returned to us from the Rats and stated I want to kick qoals stick me in the qoal square. Personally, I think he is just a lazy campaigner who didn’t want to chase his own qooty, but as it was he got lots of quality qooty feed to him and did a great job putting it through the big sticks. Of note Harvey came equal 3rd best qoal kicker for the SFA, a great season result.

Congratulations Harvey for being the biggest scoring Old Boy for S37.

Everyone loves The Jesus, congrats Harvey Manfrenjensenden the Alphabet King.

THE BEST DEFENSIVE OLD BOY - THE DOB

Our defensive half this season has been exceptional and one of the best in the competition. Of note we had two rookies tigerland_1720 and JuddgementDay playing off the Half back line, both of them played exceptionally and both would have been worthy winners of this award but just missed out to a more experienced player.

This season’s DOB goes to our favorite vice loving camel and Center Half back kenneyswarriors

Nothing gets by our camel master, congratulations kenneyswarriors!

RISING OPHIDIAN STAR - THE ROS

This season we had 3 rookies, JuddgementDay myblueroan and tigerland_1720, a great crop of new blood to Spotswood and the Greater SWEET.

Our S37 rookies all took the place in different ways and dove in at different depths. One however stood 14 hands above them all and cemented herself as a qooty thoroughbred. On field myblueroan started in the Forward Pocket because of her ability to kick off all four hoofs scoring 27 qoals, making her OOB's second highest scorer for the season. MBR not only excelled on field but became a team favorite in match threads and brought equine humor to Spotswood as well as carrot cake.

Well done MBR on jumping into the SFA with all four hoofs and winning not only the EKA but now the most prestigious Rookies award in the SWEET F.A. The R.O.S.

Such a rich trove of awards, myblueroan! All deserved, what a great OOB, congratulations.

THE CHANCELLORS CUP

The winner of the Chancellor Cup is Robertio for a second time. Although there are many great servants to the club I couldn’t go past Robertio who performed strongly on the qooty field and even stronger off the field. Robertio was always present in the LG and team PMs and has become my most trusted right-hand adviser and instrumental in the clubs on-going success. Thank you for all you have done and will continue to do in the future for our great club Robertio.

Absolutely spot on, without Robertio TCB we'd be flailing about. Congratulations!

FAVORITE OPHIDIAN PLAYER - THE FOP

As surprised and humbled as I am, the Favorite Ophidian Player as voted by OOB players is Tigerturbulance. As captain I have to steer the group so don’t always play the social role all the time, having so many players nominate me in their top 3 favorite player votes is great validation that I am balancing my role as leader / disciplinarian with my fun loving 245kg of love muscle team mate role, thankyou.

Skipper, you ARE the love muscle embodiment of Spotswood. Leader of the pack! Congrats!

THE BEST OPHIDIAN OLD BOY - THE BOOB WINNER

And the winner of the S37 BOOB is DemurePrincess who on field had the 3rd highest DT of 1052 and was the number one poster with 3013 posts, an absolutely solid performance all around and on top of that has been a great team mate and contributor in our team PM. In only her second season in the SFA and her first season as an Old Boy DemurePrincess has absolutely smashed it.

Fleabane recently posted this about DemurePrincess and I thought it fitting to repost as it sums up DP to a T:

‘LOL DemurePrincess takes a bit of getting used to. She is not exactly an online introvert. BUT she is often hilarious, warm hearted, honest. Loves her food, has strong opinions and passions, without being an ideologue. She takes it all fairly lightly and banters hard with the best of them. She is not a w***er, not an earnest, uptight turd, not a self righteous killjoy. She has a wealth of life experiences and keeps surprising us with all sorts of unexpected and odd information. She is genuinely unconventional - doesn't take crap from anyone - and I love her for it.’

Congratulations DemurePrincess for achieving OOBs highest honor the Best Ophidian Old Boys Trophy for season 37

Now the BOOB is the sort of honor that you can add to your signature (in DemurePrincess case, clearly ironically).

The perfect award, congratulations!

Last edited:

Fleabane is one of the best, an honor to lace the cleats with you!

THE BEST OPHIDIAN POSTER - THE BOP

The BOP for S37 goes to DemurePrincess who killed it all season constantly posting a storm in every match thread with a H&A tally of 3013 posts, an average of 188 posts per match thread! A funny as poster whose stories and antics kept all of Spotswood laughing and endeared her to the side in her first season as an Old Boy. DP also engaged with the opposition and was always up for a fight or when needed to stand up for a team mate if the oppo got out of line, a true posting machine. DP also got the most votes for OOB in the ‘Rate the Opposition MVP’ thread where the opposition voted each week who they thought made the best contribution to the match thread.

Well done DemurePrincess on a terrific posting season and a well-deserved winner of the BOP.

Congrats DemurePrincess / thoroughly deserved, you’ve been a star all season long!

THE BEST DEFENSIVE OLD BOY - THE DOB

Our defensive half this season has been exceptional and one of the best in the competition. Of note we had two rookies tigerland_1720 and JuddgementDay playing off the Half back line, both of them played exceptionally and both would have been worthy winners of this award but just missed out to a more experienced player.

This season’s DOB goes to our favorite vice loving camel and Center Half back kenneyswarriors

Yew Kenney! Great stuff mate, your work alongside the rookies can kept many teams at bay. Couldn’t have done it without you 🤙🏻

THE BEST OPHIDIAN OLD BOY - THE BOOB WINNER

And the winner of the S37 BOOB is DemurePrincess who on field had the 3rd highest DT of 1052 and was the number one poster with 3013 posts, an absolutely solid performance all around and on top of that has been a great team mate and contributor in our team PM. In only her second season in the SFA and her first season as an Old Boy DemurePrincess has absolutely smashed it.

Fleabane recently posted this about DemurePrincess and I thought it fitting to repost as it sums up DP to a T:

‘LOL DemurePrincess takes a bit of getting used to. She is not exactly an online introvert. BUT she is often hilarious, warm hearted, honest. Loves her food, has strong opinions and passions, without being an ideologue. She takes it all fairly lightly and banters hard with the best of them. She is not a w***er, not an earnest, uptight turd, not a self righteous killjoy. She has a wealth of life experiences and keeps surprising us with all sorts of unexpected and odd information. She is genuinely unconventional - doesn't take crap from anyone - and I love her for it.’

Congratulations DemurePrincess for achieving OOBs highest honor the Best Ophidian Old Boys Trophy for season 37

About time you won some boobs mate ;)

Nah in all seriousness, congratulations again! You’ve been a fierce companion on and off the field and the SFA is better for it: glad you’re here

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Remove this Banner Ad

Media 🍺THE B.O.O.B - S37 BEST OPHIDIAN OLD BOY Award night🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back