Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Outstanding ability to concentrate, most of us would turn and tell the bloke to shut the * up.
Did he kick the goal?
With all due respect, Anzacday, if most of us can’t block out the crowd shouting at us at a suburban footy ground, let alone when getting paid $300k+ to do, we have a problem

Lack of size limits you though. You can be a good player as a 188cm forward who plays like a KPP, but not much more. Membrey a decent comparison. Even then, if your defensive work is not there you can struggle, Dan Menzel an example.

Henry has some great attributes and some clear weaknesses. If he can develop some secondary attributes to his game he could unlock another level. What he's shown so far is at best a good AFL player. There's some risk that he doesn't put in the work and struggles to forge a long career, but I'd say that's unlikely, he's good enough to be a long term AFL player.
Jesus Christ don’t let sr36 see this…

And yet I don’t think he deserves to get booed.

Players get moved on. By their club. They decide to move on. They get injured and have the decision taken from them. What we forget is their time in the game is all too short…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No matter what we think or have said about him, but at least he gets it.

+ slightly different circumstances to JHF:

• Henry served out his 2 year contract
  • Henry wasn’t abandoning a proud club in the doldrums
  • Dunno how the JHF compensation has turned out, and eventhough Henry would be useful to have in our squad about now, we can be super happy with getting Tom Mitchell

• Dunno how the JHF compensation has turned out, and eventhough Henry would be useful to have in our squad about now, we can be super happy with getting Tom Mitchell
Early Signs is very Promising for North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly, Ollie will be a good player and we couldn't keep him.
Geelong screwed us on that trade. Hope it comes back to bite them when they have no leverage.
Henry and his manager screwed us just as much with their threats to walk

Great kid, wanted to play with his bro for his childhood club. We got Tony Rocca for chips, it was the right thing.

Maybe keep it open for a little bit longer, I'm hoping that in 4 week's time he will have managed to play for the last two Grand Final winning clubs without playing a final.
I love Ollie but that's a powerful sledge.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back