Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would rather leave the cats and Henry hanging at 7.31pm on Wednesday then accept 2 seconds
Wright will loose his credability, dont even think that mate.
All we want is his market value, this is not a salary dump.
Lets see how bad the pussies from Geelong want him?
GW loses more credibility if we let the kid walk to the draft too.

Anyway, I’m still hopeful we get a F1 from the Cats, or they don’t come to terms, so we re-sign young Ollie onto a new contract.

It’s not out of the realms of impossibility that we accept two second rounders either though.

We are not allowed to trade it as per the afl ruling.
It'd still be possible. 25 and Sav for a future 2nd and 3rd. We give you a future 4th and Ollie and your future 1st is ours.

Not going to happen though. Mackie wouldn't have done the pick swap. It'd make it a stupid deal. He wants to keep the future first. Must really rate next year's draft.

It'd still be possible. 25 and Sav for a future 2nd and 3rd. We give you a future 4th and Ollie and your future 1st is ours.

Not going to happen though. Mackie wouldn't have done the pick swap. It'd make it a stupid deal. He wants to keep the future first. Must really rate next year's draft.
But we have no stomach to trade Ratugolea unless we get a great offer.
The only KPD depth on the list, also the only ruck/fwd depth on the list as well.

Can't see him being traded.

But we have no stomach to trade Ratugolea unless we get a great offer.
The only KPD depth on the list, also the only ruck/fwd depth on the list as well.

Can't see him being traded.
Sav is gone. Blicsav is sensational kpd depth.

Last edited:
Sigh one fool leaves and another takes his place. It's cyclical here.

Don't try and troll me, you can barely spell, lol.

He won't sign a contract extension, as he already rejected both a 2 year and 1 year deal. As per a poster close to him on our board, he won't be going back due to certain unsavory people at your club.

We will either up our offer, you will accept the former offer or he will go to the draft. I told you I didn't want to keep going, and you kept going.

It's pathetic at this stage. He's just not that into you or your club, get over it - it happens to all of us.
Calm down prescious.
Dont get do sensetive and personal.
I really dont give a shit what you think of my spelling, but next time you use that wise crack, you may consider some people may have learning difficiancies or disibilities when it comes to there spellung.
Go have a bath with some lavender oil and rose petals play with your rubber ducky, hopefully that will calm you down.
The only troll that i can see is you

DeepBlue you do realize it's a violation of BF policy to just troll dislike/laugh at every comment, right? If you keep doing it, a mod will eventually give you a day off or remove you from the thread entirely for trolling behaviour.

Calm down prescious.
Dont get do sensetive and personal.
I really dont give a s**t what you think of my spelling, but next time you use that wise crack, you may consider some people may have learning difficiancies or disibilities when it comes to there spellung.
Go have a bath with some lavender oil and rose petals play with your rubber ducky, hopefully that will calm you down.
The only troll that i can see is you

Mate I'm not the one that started a whole thing and started having a go at me, over me literally saying 'yeah that's what I think will happen too', in response to a poster from your own team.

If you had such an issue with that, then take it up with them rather than targeting me personally, and then cracking the sads when someone calls you out on it.

I am aware, i think you will either find a future 2nd ie trade
Or apply for special circumstances , which i think you have a great chance too get , since all of your 3 targets are all kids.
Bowes, Bruhin, Henry

Sav wants to go to port who cant trade a future 2nd and i doubt hes worth that anyway.
I doubt the afl will give us special circs if they didnt give it to port.
I reckon 25 and 58 will be the deal.

I agree if we wanted to send you a future 2nd we would have just offered you 38 48 and an fr2 and not done this bris deal.
Your suggested trade cant happen (without 4 or 5 clubs) as port cant trade a fr2 (and if they did it would be for jhf not sav) and you dont have a future 2nd to trade us for our future 1st.
I doubt we would have traded for 25 unless we planned that to be the offer for henry.

Sav wants to go to port who cant trade a future 2nd and i doubt hes worth that anyway.
I meant pick 25 being the major player in a deal. Pick 25 and Sav could get you a future second and third if you wanted it to. But it's not going to happen. Mackie wants to keep the future first. That pick swap was to keep the future first.

I meant pick 25 being the major player in a deal. Pick 25 and Sav could get you a future second and third if you wanted it to. But it's not going to happen. Mackie wants to keep the future first. That pick swap was to keep the future first.

25 and sav could get us an fr2 and 3/4 yes but not from port hence why it would need multiple clubs to do.

i will be shocked if we accept this.
It will be a big win too you guys.
i am still quite confident we wont accept this as the deal.
As in 25 with later picks

58 isn't a sweetener. That pick is worthless. This year's draft won't get to 58 and we don't need matching points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I'm not the one that started a whole thing and started having a go at me, over me literally saying 'yeah that's what I think will happen too', in response to a poster from your own team.

If you had such an issue with that, then take it up with them rather than targeting me personally, and then cracking the sads when someone calls you out on it.
Maybe you should look back. you used the word " pathetic" . for no reason.
I have been having some good debates with some of your fellow cats ,either of us are getting personal. Like you do
Maybe you can learn sonething from them.

I have been wrong before, but i believe Collingwood will not accept pick 25 for Henry. Geelong will have to improve that offer somehow/somewhere

The problem for both clubs is twofold
1. Henry & his manager have requested this trade way too late, by waiting until after the GF. Neither club had built this into this year’s planning. Bruhn then got in first and the Bowes & pick 7 deal came up and they became a priority over this last minute request. Even with goodwill snd the best of intentions, neither club appears to be in a position to sensibly deal this year. They also need to have an eye on the future list needs and plans in place for beyond next year.
2. This is compounded by a different view of his value by each club. which is a challenge for any developing first rounder after only 2 years. The data is limited. Nick Daicos aside, he is progressing as well as you would expect for a good second year player, still finding his feet but showing some talent. Most take a few years to play every game.
He is not a KPP or midfielder and his best position is still to be found but likely to be HF or HB given his marking ability and he can run. He apparently wanted &450k for next year. The jury is out on his worth and so we all argue about what pick is right. I think he is outside top ten but no lower than 18.

Pies are not likely to agree to 25 as they picked him with what was actually pick 14 pushed back to 17 and he was in the starting 22 coming into 2022. He was in their plans,

If he stayed, in 2023 he could take Hoskin-Elliot’s spot.

The most sensible outcome given neither club is ready to deal on this as it is too late in the piece and his value is contested is to stay at Collingwood for 12 months, play well and revisit this deal with more data and draft capital available.

This is not likely to happen as Ollie is adamant that he won’t sign and his manager does not seem to be giving him good advice. Geelong are only now able to offer something below what Collingwood can accept. He is likely to remain stuck. If they have more time to plan, I am sure a deal can be reached but not in the next 3 days.

FWIW I like Ollie but I love my club more and if he does not want to play for it (especially in the context of one of the current culture and environment being built by Fly) he can go. He has taken an opportunity afforded him by Collingwood that could have gone to someone who would have valued it more. It is a waste of 1st round pick and 2 years of time and resources on this kid as it stands right now. From the outside looking in, he appears to not care about that.

Anyway, I do not think Wrighty can take pick 25 for a player they rated at 14 who has taken 25 senior games of development. Geelong may not want to pay any more than that this year. Fair enough.

Manager needs to intervene and tell him to take a one year deal so he can get where he wants to go and not burn bridges. If he can play more senior games , his true value will be easier to ascertain.

yy

Last edited:
Maybe you should look back. you used the word " pathetic" . for no reason.
I have been having some good debates with some of your fellow cats ,either of us are getting personal. Like you do
Maybe you can learn sonething from them.

Wtf?

I literally said this:

This was my thought as well

In response to this from a Pies poster:

If I’m to guess, it’ll be 25 and whatever you get for Sav.

And then you said this, which should have been directed at the Pies poster instead of me:

Your thought may be wrong.
No deal is struck he is not going to Geelong.
Any logical person would see pick 25 as unders.

You were responding to me insinuating I'm being illogical, when I merely offered a throwaway comment agreeing with a Pies poster about their idea of a trade.

Instead of starting something with them, you started it with me for no reason at all - even though I was just agreeing with a f*cking post.

Do not play the victim when you started sh*t for no reason at all...and then wouldn't stop. You started it, I ended it. Do not rewrite history.

This whole thing has been so pointless. You can go on my ignore list now.

See ya.

Last edited:
1. Henry & his manager have requested this trade way too late, by waiting until after the GF. Neither club had built this into this year’s planning. Bruhn then got in first and the Bowes & pick 7 deal came up and they became a priority over this last minute request. Even with goodwill snd the best of intentions, neither club appears to be in a position to sensibly deal this year. They also need to have an eye on the future list needs and plans in place for beyond next year.
2. This is compounded by a different view of his value by each club. which is a challenge for any developing first rounder after only 2 years. The data is limited. Nick Daicos aside, he is progressing as well as you would expect for a good second year player, still finding his feet but showing some talent. Most take a few years to play every game.
He is not a KPP or midfielder and his best position is still to be found but likely to be HF or HB given his marking ability and he can run. He apparently wanted &450k for next year. The jury is out on his worth and so we all argue about what pick is right. I think he is outside top ten but no lower than 18.

Pies are not likely to agree to 25 as they picked him with what was actually pick 14 pushed back to 17 and he was in the starting 22 coming into 2022. He was in their plans,

The most sensible outcome given neither club is ready to deal on this as it is too late in the piece and his value is contested is to stay at Collingwood for 12 months, play well and revisit this deal with more data and draft capital available.

This is not likely to happen as Ollie is adamant that he won’t sign and his manager does not seem to be giving him good advice. Geelong are only now able to offer something below what Collingwood can accept. He is likely to remain stuck. If they have more time to plan, I am sure a deal can be reached but not in the next 3 days.

FWIW I like Ollie but I love my club more and if he does not want to play for it (especially in the context of one of the current culture and environment being built by Fly) he can go. He has taken an opportunity afforded him by Collingwood that could have gone to someone who would have valued it more. It is a waste of 1st round pick and 2 years of time and resources on this kid as it stands right now. From the outside looking in, he appears to not care about that.

Anyway, I do not think Wrighty can take pick 25 for a player they rated at 14 who has taken 25 senior games of development. Geelong may not want to pay any more than that this year. Fair enough.

Manager needs to intervene and tell him to take a one year deal so he can get where he wants to go and not burn bridges. If he can play more senior games , his true value will be easier to ascertain.

yy
It wasn't too late and the Bowes deal hasn't really affected it. It could have been done pretty easily and amicably involving a future first or the current first if they used the future one on Bruhn. But either Geelong don't rate Ollie highly enough or more likely they know that they don't have to pay that much and can keep the future first.

A smart manager/player keeps the draft threat to themselves with both clubs guessing so both clubs are incentivised to move closer together. But Ollie has chosen to **** over his current employer by giving the Cats that threat, which was his to use at the final hour as a final push. With that threat in hand, the Cats don't have to shift.

Cats will get a cheap deal, but it might not just be at Collingwood's expense. Henry has amplified the negativity that will be coming his way by the way he and Mackie have done this. He's leaving with bad blood and is going to need a thick skin and I don't think he has one.

25 is 28 in this draft (after Ashcroft, Davey Jnr and Fletcher).
58 is nothing as we don't need points for a F&S or NGA draftee.

Your posts have been pretty reasonable from a Geelong perspective but I would send him to the draft rather than accept pick 28 in a weak draft.

58 isn't a sweetener. That pick is worthless. This year's draft won't get to 58 and we don't need matching points.

I know you cant use 58 but you could trade it to adel (who prob need points) for frampton.

It wasn't too late and the Bowes deal hasn't really affected it. It could have been done pretty easily and amicably involving a future first or the current first if they used the future one on Bruhn. But either Geelong don't rate Ollie highly enough or more likely they know that they don't have to pay that much and can keep the future first.

A smart manager/player keeps the draft threat to themselves with both clubs guessing so both clubs are incentivised to move closer together. But Ollie has chosen to * over his current employer by giving the Cats that threat, which was his to use at the final hour as a final push. With that threat in hand, the Cats don't have to shift.

Cats will get a cheap deal, but it might not just be at Collingwood's expense. Henry has amplified the negativity that will be coming his way by the way he and Mackie have done this. He's leaving with bad blood and is going to need a thick skin and I don't think he has one.
You are over playing the Machiavellian deviousness of Mackie. The reasons you are citing for Geelong's offer have nothing to do with what has actually been reported by either club or the player's manager.

38 was the best we had to offer initially. The offer was rightfully rejected by the Pies. So the Cats worked at getting a better deal, Brisbane definitely got the better outcome with the trade for pick 25, so the Cats have taken a hit to try and satisfy the Pies with pick 25.

18, 7 and future picks were never on the table for the Pies - they would have known that straight up front, so there is no point getting upset about that. The Pies are holding out to see what we can offer if Sav goes to improve their hand, that's all there is to the delay right now.

They may still hold out, which is their prerogative. Either way, there will be no bad blood between the people involved. Everything else is theatre.

Last edited:
25 is 28 in this draft (after Ashcroft, Davey Jnr and Fletcher).
58 is nothing as we don't need points for a F&S or NGA draftee.

Your posts have been pretty reasonable from a Geelong perspective but I would send him to the draft rather than accept pick 28 in a weak draft.
You would, but the Pies won't - because it is the equivalent of throwing your toys out of the cot and losing both player and picks. If they don't want the offer, they will resign Henry.

Me too.

Our current pick 40 will come in a few spots with matching and narrow the gap between them. By that stage of the draft, draft boards will be all over the place and you're a decent chance to get the same player with either pick.

I'm pretty confident that we'll take a crap deal rather than nothing, but to me this is the deal to walk away from and help shift the trading dynamic.

yy
Agree on an outcome of a 12 month extension at Collingwood being possible, but to confirm has Henry actually said he won’t re-sign?

You are over playing the Machiavellian deviousness of Mackie. The reasons you are citing for Geelong's offer have nothing to do with what has actually been reported by either club or the player's manager.

38 was the best we had to offer initially. The offer was rightfully rejected by the Pies. So the Cats worked at getting a better deal, Brisbane definitely got the better outcome with the trade for pick 25, so the Cats have taken a hit to try and satisfy the Pies with pick 25.

18, 7 and future picks were never on the table for the Pies - they would have known that straight up front, so there is no point getting upset about that. The Pies are holding out to see what we can offer if Sav goes to improve their hand, that's all there is to the delay right now.

They may still hold out, which is their prerogative. Either way, there will be no bad blad between the people involved. Everything else is theatre.
My point is that the future first is not on the table, not because of how the Cats rate Ollie. It's not on the table because it doesn't have to be, as Ollie has given the Cats a stacked deck and I'm not talking about his comments in the media. He's told the Cats that he won't sign with Collingwood if the deal doesn't go through. Meaning they can rip off his current employer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back