Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Geedub to leave the meeting with the Mack.. with his rep as a 6 banger slammed Gemi intact man.. not leaving the meeting as a Veedub Mr Bean driving piece of piss you can play funny buggers with and that man.. win or lose and that man.. win or lose and that.. just gotta keep it real and that man.. just gotta keep it real and that.. that's all I'm asking for and that man.. that's all I'm asking for and that.

Last edited:
Nobody credible has stated that either. Not that I've seen anyway. Ollie and his manager aren't going to say that. They know we want to keep him and it'd reduce the chance of a deal getting done.

It doesn't really matter what's said in the press. Either the Cats don't rate him particularly highly or Ollie has told GFC that he won't re-sign with Collingwood if a deal doesn't get done, otherwise the Cats wouldn't have taken their future first out of the equation. My money is firmly on the latter.
His manager did. You are continuing to imagine a narrative that helps you be upset - I have no idea why. It's like covering yourself in ashes and flaying your back like some self anointed pariah. Either way, you can keep talking rubbish if you like - that's up to you. But I'm out.

Yeah I also see that.

I just can’t understand the pick swap deal with the Lions and the logic behind it.

I assume there was some dialogue with you guys around what you wanted and you said no to 38 and a future 2nd? Otherwise it seems a bit odd that we traded it out to go up to 25. I suppose the logic will become clearer once the bowes trade is done.

Yeah I also see that.

I just can’t understand the pick swap deal with the Lions and the logic behind it.

Really??? You can't understand the trading out of a pick WE may have wanted so that WE couldn't demand it?
This trade is all about how great and powerful the premiers are!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he even goes in the draft I'd say it's maybe a 5% chance someone spends a pick on a kid that will all for a trade 20 games later

5% chance outcomes do happen though in that case we'll need to find a pick in the 20s next year to trade for him then
I would be happy to see use 24 on him. Could be a good Gunston replacement and a better compliment to Lewis than Koschitzke. If he goes well we would get a F1 from Geelong the following year or if he gets regular games he may stay

Welcome to North Ollie Henry.

He will go in the ND not psd and north arent using a top 3 pick on him. I doubt anyone takes him and he gets to us at 25.

Ginnivan is criminally underrated league wide, oppo fans hate his guts so that’s no surprise, McCreery is also underrated especially by Collingwood fans, he’ll have a very good career IMO.

Ginnivan would be worth plenty, second year players who kick 40+ goals aren’t very common, worth more than Henry easily IMO, McCreery would be worth an early-mid second rounder at this stage I’d have thought.
Yeah I would've thought fair value for Ginnivan is pick 10-12 (possibly higher but small forwards don't tend to demand a premium), Henry pick 15-20 and McCreery 20-25 just because his upside probably isn't as significant. Solid player though who could surprise me.

I would be happy to see use 24 on him. Could be a good Gunston replacement and a better compliment to Lewis than Koschitzke. If he goes well we would get a F1 from Geelong the following year or if he gets regular games he may stay
I don't think the Hawks would consider him a serious chance of staying, nor would they expect to upgrade the pick the spend on him. It could happen but I wouldn't expect it to

I assume there was some dialogue with you guys around what you wanted and you said no to 38 and a future 2nd? Otherwise it seems a bit odd that we traded it out to go up to 25. I suppose the logic will become clearer once the bowes trade is done.
Surely it’s this if we’re being rational. Or as Robroy22 has said, it’s a subconscious F U to Collingwood with a take it or leave it ultimatum.

I’d like to believe your version, but if that were true, the narrative wouldn’t be the Pies are ONLY after a first rounder + there’d be more talks over the weekend that the two clubs are close and just waiting for other trades to finalise this one.

Maybe it’s the Collingwood supporter in me, but I feel it’s Geelong/Mackie’s way of forcing a trade by checkmating Collingwood as I’d read earlier in the week Collingwood was going to try moving up in the draft by offloading a whole lot of our third rounders to Brisbane - seems as though the Cats beat us to the punch and snookered us perfectly in the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back