Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez Collingwood fans memories suck. They laughed at StKilda for not trading for Luke Ball. Luke Ball than goes to the draft and puts $1million on his head and gets taken at P30.
Saints get nothing and proceed to get a draw in the Grand Final, lose the next week.
1 simple trade probably cost them a flag but hey at least they stood firm right? Lol 😂

Geelong hold all the cards here, surely Collingwood after being involved in such an important trade stand off are not this dumb? Surely they take P25 or anything?
Geelong will get him eventually.

It’s not too late to not make another massive mistake Pies.

Bruhn was a pick 12, GWS now accept pick 18.
Clark was a pick 15, we took P22 off Freo.
How come the narrative is Collingwood getting ripped off so much? It’s the norm here to slide this far when OOC.
Krueger is ahead of Henry when I saw your selections. What did we get for Krueger?

It is more like Pick 70.

We have picks 16 and 27.
We are using 2 draft picks plus upgrading Noble.
Therefore Pick 25 is a 2 pick upgrade on Pick 27 or the equivalent of Pick 69.

Again though, Hawthorn want a pick in the 20 - 30 range. So use one of those 20's on Mitchell, use the other in the draft. Otherwise they will have 1 pick for the draft.

Geez Collingwood fans memories suck. They laughed at StKilda for not trading for Luke Ball. Luke Ball than goes to the draft and puts $1million on his head and gets taken at P30.
Saints get nothing and proceed to get a draw in the Grand Final, lose the next week.
1 simple trade probably cost them a flag but hey at least they stood firm right? Lol 😂

Geelong hold all the cards here, surely Collingwood after being involved in such an important trade stand off are not this dumb? Surely they take P25 or anything?

How come the narrative is Collingwood getting ripped off so much? It’s the norm here to slide this far when OOC.
Krueger is ahead of Henry when I saw your selections. What did we get for Krueger?
Because Pick 25 is a 2 spot upgrade on Pick 27.
We won't be using 3 draft picks
16, Next pick and then Noble upgrade.

It's more like 70 than 1 though
Jon Stewart Reaction GIF

Again though, Hawthorn want a pick in the 20 - 30 range. So use one of those 20's on Mitchell, use the other in the draft. Otherwise they will have 1 pick for the draft.
You know what Hawthorn want do you.
We wanted top 25 for Grundy.
We want a first rounder for Henry.

Seems it's ok for everyone to get what they want exept Collingwood.

I think it's mainly because we're reigning Premiers and have received a draft bounty of Bowes and P7 for a future 3rd round pick. That's "not fair" to the observer because they didn't also get it so it's only "fair" that we pay what they want for the OOC player. You see it with little kids all the time, they both get an ice cream but one complains that their ice cream is smaller.

Could you walk me through how doing the trade and getting pick 30 would have resulted in St Kilda probably winning the flag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. it takes 4 hours to fill out the paperwork.
My bad - read it wrong
see below
An embargo is in place until 3pm AEDT, meaning no deals can be done until then. Clubs will then have until the trade deadline at 7:30pm AEDT to process their remaining trades.

So Collingwoods plan is to pick up only one player in the draft this year?

Its just so strange that such a big deal is made about all this. Its Henry, its not Buddy Franklin. I just don't get it.
We will draft another player in we get another solid pick. We will have to delist more players though. If we take 25 we will use it or upgrade it because that means that we rate that pick higher then one of our listed out of contract players. The point is that we don't need it because we can just use pick 16 and upgrade 2 rookies if needed and hold our currently listed players. Is 25 better then Poulter? WHE? Kelly? Because it will come down to a choice.

Its another one guys. Yawn. Swear I have read this before.

Come on mate. You do know how an average works. Here let me help you.

Grundy played 90% ruck and got 182 hit outs in 6 games for an average of 30.3 hit outs per game
Cox played less then 45% ruck and got 317 hit outs in 18 games for an average of 17.6 hit outs per game
Cameron played less then 45% ruck and got 423 hit outs in 24 games for an average of 17.6 hit outs per game

For the amount of ruck time both Cameron and Cox were overall better then Grundy for tap outs. They played more minutes but on average they both got more ruck hit outs per minute played when averaged across the season. If you doubled Cox or Cameron's ruck time to bring it in line with Grundys per game then they would have been at about 35 hit outs each. Give it up you seam to be in the dark on this one. Both Cameron and Cox are AFL standard ruckmen. Neither is as good as Grundy but you keep digging your hole.
I do know how averages work, and that's not it.

It's 44.7 ruck contests per game at 39.5% (17.6), not 44.7% of rucks, for Cameron, and 36.2 ruck contests per game for Cox at 48.6% hitout win rate(17.6).

Combined they average (17.6 +17.6)/(44.7+36.2)=43.5% hit out win rate

Grundy was 66.3 per game, with a 46% hit out rate.

Like I said, both of them together aren't worth one Grundy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back