Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of attacks at Geelong. Mackie’s an a-hole for remaining steadfast in not trading an R1 apparently.

Correct. If Bruhn is worth a first, so is Henry.

In reality two clubs merely rate a player differently, and the player is more keen on the move than both clubs.

Wrong. You guys are just trying to get Henry cheaper than he is worth, and that is within your right, but don’t try and pull the wool over my eyes because that won’t work.

Kind of destructive if that's the case. I can understand Pies fans being angry if 25 was accepted for him, but surely that's better than getting nothing at all. He's said he's leaving, Collingwood have zero leverage. Cut and run.
We will see. I have no issues as a pies fan missing a late pick in 20s if cats keep trying to screw us

Correct. If Bruhn is worth a first, so is Henry.

Wrong. You guys are just trying to get Henry cheaper than he is worth, and that is within your right, but don’t try and pull the wool over my eyes because that won’t work.
Translation: Geelong and Collingwood have differing valuations on the player.
Took you a lot of words but we got there.

Translation: Geelong and Collingwood have differing valuations on the player.
Took you a lot of words but we got there.
Funny how the narrative has changed over the last week from your mob. Majority of you Cats supporters were resigned to the fact he’ll cost a late first rounder.

All of a sudden pick 25 is fair value. You lot are so fickle.

McStay deal/contract is overs and Grundy was traded for unders (given it seems the Pies are still going to pay a sizeable amount of his contract)

You’re not wrong.

Probably gone a bit overs on the McStay contract which is expected for a FA signing. We’ve probably paid abit overs at the trade table for Frampton and Hill and we have/will receive unders for Grundy and Henry.

Not a good period for GW - either he is playing the cards he has been dealt, or he’s not that astute with trading.

Not sold on the Frampton trade either, although granted I felt the same about Catlton trading for Lewis Young last year, and he has turned out to be a very handy recruit for us.

If Frampton turns out to be half as decent as Young, we’ve done well.

He would be a 3rd year player though, having fulfilled his rookie contract.
Sorry that was two different parts. First year players need to sign for minimum two years. If a third year player enters the draft they can put a price on their contract but if they do they must sign for a minimum 2 years.

You don’t need to put a price on your contract and you will then get whatever minimum wage the AFL has for your status and you may be able to get away with a one year deal if you do that. It was not clear in the rules I read if a player can nominate for one year and I did not want to read the whole rule book to see all clauses.

Kind of destructive if that's the case. I can understand Pies fans being angry if 25 was accepted for him, but surely that's better than getting nothing at all. He's said he's leaving, Collingwood have zero leverage. Cut and run.
Agreed we learnt with Luke ball 25 is Better then nothing you never know might get lucky at that pick

Playing Russian roulette going into the draft though north have early picks and could easily match his price
North just lost a player they picked 1st in the draft after one year because he wanted to go home are they going to risk another player wanting out as soon as possible?

That is not to say there are not other clubs who will take the gamble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how the narrative has changed over the last week from your mob. Majority of you Cats supporters were resigned to the fact he’ll cost a late first rounder.

All of a sudden pick 25 is fair value. You lot are so fickle.
Have you wondered why 3-4 times now I've said we should all relax and see what unfolds? Everything has been said 1000 times over.

F3 was needed for Bowes + P7. The furore over that says that fans of 18 clubs would see this as a no brainer trade.
That prevents F1 from being traded.

Which leaves 18 for Bruhn or Henry. We chose Bruhn and are hellbent on 7 going to the ND.
We simply don't rate him enough to want to split 7 (who we have someone in mind to select) for something to get Henry done.

Yes it is. It's a suburb of Geelong, play in the GFL.

It's literally 5 minutes drive from Corio. Or is Corio not part of Geelong either?
What's with the attitude? Brighton going okay in the PL - relax a bit!

It's 30km or so from Geelong CBD. I understand it's a 'Suburb' of Geelong but I don't know anyone from Geelong that would call Lara Geelong. In the same way you wouldn't hear Torquay, Anakie etc. referred to as Geelong. Todd from Barwon Heads reckons Barwon Heads isn't a part of Geelong for that matter!

Geelong ends at Corio far as I'm concerned, most will agree!

What about Goodes?
Personally I loved Goodes but he routinely tore us a new one. Dont ever recall Collingwood booing him, I didnt. Dont think there were games around the bad treatment of Goodes where Collingwood was involved

Would he end up at North if that happened?

Why not just trade for whatever if that's the case.
He'd probably end up at Cats through National Draft.

Pick 25 would probably be our last pick and we currently hold pick 40, which will come in with pick matching. So maybe 10 spots in the draft, which at that stage might not even change the player we get. We could trade it into the future, but supposedly demand isn't high with next year's draft rated much higher.

Pick 25 isn't as valuable to us as sending the message that would be sent.

Last edited:
Truth is we dont need Henry he will be fighting with Close and Miers for the 1 spot, if Henry was a 197cm forward that's a different matter
We do though, hence the impasse

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back