Roast Olsen and the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Then the previous board members voted on it or were happy with Roos handling of it. These board members are basically professional board members who are totally aware how a board works and why they were chosen to be on one. They are not regular members that have just blown into the position

That’s how a board works FFS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Again, I know how a board works, you don’t have to keep repeating the same line.

My point is I believe Roo has a major influence given who he is and he’s the football director. Given how long he’s been the constant during Hamish reign of terror, my opinion he’s been supportive of him.

Please don’t respond with again how a board works, I’ve read it about 20 times now and I’m moving on even if you do.

Again, I know how a board works, you don’t have to keep repeating the same line.

My point is I believe Roo has a major influence given who he is and he’s the football director. Given how long he’s been the constant during Hamish reign of terror, my opinion he’s been supportive of him.

Please don’t respond with again how a board works, I’ve read it about 20 times now and I’m moving on even if you do.

Maybe Roo has some sort of physcic powers that have the board follow him like the pied piper.

Roo doesn’t come across as the sharpest tool in the shed which intelligent people would do what ever he says

Maybe he is though and he will become our Premier of South Australia who knows

Maybe Roo has some sort of physcic powers that have the board follow him like the pied piper.

Roo doesn’t come across as the sharpest tool in the shed which intelligent people would do what ever he says

Maybe he is though and he will become our Premier of South Australia who knows

Board: Next item on the agenda, Hamish, do we renew? Roo as football director and member of the list management committee, what’s you’re recommendation?

Roo: Have you seen his track record with first round picks, time to move on.

Board: But Roo, he’s a loveable bloke whose always happy

Roo: You know we finished bottom and had to go through a rebuild in big part due to him?

Board: But Roo, we like his focus on players from good families

Roo: FFS You know he drafted Burton over Doedee and ignored Graham who kicked 3 goals in the GF and shut Sloaney down?

Board: Taking his record into account and your strong objection, we will ignore all that and offer him another 3 years

Roo: FFS, why even ask me? What am I here for with the only board member with footy knowledge and experience if you’re to ignore my advice?

Board: We like you too, you’re funny on MMM and Fox boundary rider and we need a Crows presence on both. But we are board members with egos and we decide on football matters, not the football legend

Board: Next item on the agenda, Hamish, do we renew? Roo as football director and member of the list management committee, what’s you’re recommendation?

Roo: Have you seen his track record with first round picks, time to move on.

Board: But Roo, he’s a loveable bloke whose always happy

Roo: You know we finished bottom and had to go through a rebuild in big part due to him?

Board: But Roo, we like his focus on players from good families

Roo: FFS You know he drafted Burton over Doedee and ignored Graham who kicked 3 goals in the GF and shut Sloaney down?

Board: Taking his record into account and your strong objection, we will ignore all that and offer him another 3 years

Roo: FFS, why even ask me? What am I here for with the only board member with footy knowledge and experience if you’re to ignore my advice?

Board: We like you too, you’re funny on MMM and Fox boundary rider and we need a Crows presence on both. But we are board members with egos and we decide on football matters, not the football legend

Roo (in the high squeaky voice) to Ellis

Come on champ you know I’m a legend of the game you need to understand you don’t know how to catch and kick like me so do as I say

The appointed members probably with the exception of Roo all have two things in common.

-They genuinely believe they have a divine right to be there.
-They don’t love the club. At least not like the members and true believers.

Roo for all his faults does genuinely bleed for the AFC. (That doesn’t excuse him btw, just highlighting a fact.)
Roo's problem is that he is not smart enough and all he knows is nepotism.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It'll be interesting. The AFL ceases to be a member on the Development Grant Completion Date. Basically on that date the board chooses which class of member the voting rights are transferred to. Currently there are only 3, AFL (which will be deleted), Life and Electing Members (current membership that can vote for elected directors). If the board fell asleep through that date, the default position is that the voting rights transfer to the Electing Members. If our board wants to maintain power, they will need to create another class of member and transfer the AFL's right to them. The constitution provides the board absolute discretion to create or amend classes of membership. So 'AFL' could be replaced with 'SA Government' or 'SANFL' or a separate class of members that are simply appointed by the board.

Can't wait to see how this all goes down.
There will be no way that the AFC Board become the "members" club we hope it becomes.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Olsen and the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back