OMG Does Optus Oval suck or what??

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Hawks_Fan:
Oh my God, Does Optus Oval suck or what??

It's such a 2nd rate ground.

I know you are fishing here so I won't bother too much on this subject.
Princes Park has the best surface in the league and you can drink full strength stubbies there.
If you don't like it, then don't go. Simple really.

Optus Oval is crap and it doesn't even have a TV that shows the game!!!!
eek.gif

The only good thing is that you can seat literally on the race and talk to the players before the game as they run around and prepare (or is that just an Ansett Cup thing?!)

GO DEES!
smile.gif

You can buy full strength stubbies there?? Where??? Christ, if I'd known that I would have enjoyed the win even more! I was drinking out of those plastic cup thingys.

Worm, the surface is pretty good, but Waverley's was better and that didn't save it. I loved how the papers and commentators called the crowd of nearly 28 000 disappointing. By the start of the match the only seats available cost over $30, so I'm not surprised.

Expand the seating and make it cheaper and I'll go back. Failing that, burn it down or blow it up. It's never been any good since they took away the standing room.

What annoyed me was you purchase an upgrade package (of which most of the money goes to the home team ie Carlton)and then you have to stand around the concourse jammed in with every other sucker whilst half the so overrated Legends stand is empty. I shall never go back to that dive again.

Its a complete shit-hole

The surface is better than Colonial but my driveway has a better surface than Colonial at the moment !

... and why the f@ck are Carlton still allowed to play there and claim an unfair Home Ground Advantage ?

and another thing : Over $30-00 to sit in the giant Sardine tin called the Legends Stand - thats Caaaarrrrllltttton ! all over isn't it ?

cheers

I remember when Colonic was announced that big Jack said he would undercut it in price at optus oval

Like a good many of his promises we see that optus is the most expensive and the worst ground.

JubJub, I've been going to the footy for about 10 yrs now. So it's a bit young to remember Hawks playing at Optus Oval. I'm 22 now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMG i agree!!!
they don't even have a tv, so when the game is in play at the other end of the ground, you can't see a thing!

------------------
I luv shane woewodin. and the mighty dees whether or not you like it!!!

well the ground is a disgrace, there is no board to watch the game on and it's so annoying when they put up stupid carlton signs on the board, that was fairly annoying me and my friends.
If there can't be waverly then there shouldn;t be optus oval.
go hawkers 2001

Originally posted by dees*gal:
OMG i agree!!!
they don't even have a tv, so when the game is in play at the other end of the ground, you can't see a thing!

There are tv monitors under the John Elliot stand as well as the social club.
And there is plenty of full strength stubbies floating around the place, you just have to look harder.

the only time i've ventured to Optus Oval was the Round 11 or 12 clash between Sydney and Carlton in 1996.

Carlton and Swans fan's may remember it, it was one of the great games i've ever seen, and the Swans won it by 11 points.

I was sitting behind the goalpoasts in a bar (at the end furthest from the scoreboard), and i must say, i really enjoyed the day.

I can't remember the day that much, but from what i remember it was a fun day, and i really enjoyed my arguments with the Carlton fan's.

I dont know, but it may have gone down in standard over the last few years.

------------------
Join the big footy tipping competition at Footy Tips
Join the BigFooty Cricket Cup
visit the Easts Cricket Club
The ulitimate statistics reference

Whoptus oval is a disgrace.
I have never been back since they started ripping everyone off with admission prices.

In a recent opinion poll it was voted the least popular oval.

The only reason we still play on it is because the AFL guaranteed Carrrrrlton money when they moved Hawthorn to Artic park.

I say bulldoze it!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally posted by BT:
Hey does anyone remember when the old Southern stand was destroyed they invited Sir Richard Hadlee to do it himself, which he enjoyed immensley. How about we all go and tear the joint down ourselves!
Make sure that fat twat elliot is in it.

Originally posted by Redd:
Whoptus oval is a disgrace.
I have never been back since they started ripping everyone off with admission prices.

In a recent opinion poll it was voted the least popular oval.

The only reason we still play on it is because the AFL guaranteed Carrrrrlton money when they moved Hawthorn to Artic park.

I say bulldoze it!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Princes Park is always going to be voted least popular because jealousy is a curse. Carlton, being able to play there, is the envy of some clubs ( namely Hawthorn and Essendon ) who used the ground for training purposes throughout the summer.

Princes Park is always going to be a sitting duck in vote poles because the MCG has 5 tennants and Colonial 4. Think about it ?

WCE 2000

I was there that day too !

Still one of my fondest memories was sitting just in front of the half completed Legends Stand and having to endure the snide remarks from the gornmlessly arrogant Carlton supporters - you know the usual crap - "when was your last premiershiip ? 1933 ?" and "how many flags have you won ?" and that old favourite "Greg Williams left your bunch of losers to play for a real footy club" and on and on blah blah.

Boy did they shut up real fast after halftime, and in the dying stages when the Swans ran all over them these so-called 'fans' walked out with "Cheer Cheer the Red and the White" ringing in their ears because I turned around and yelled it into their stupid gob-smacked Bluebagger faces as soon as Kelly kicked the winning goal.

A great day, and being there when your side beats the Blues at Princes Park really is one of footy's most satisfying experiences.

cheers

[This message has been edited by Bloodstained Angel (edited 11 April 2001).]

Remove this Banner Ad

OMG Does Optus Oval suck or what??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back