On The Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm amazed wrinkled old rissoles like Sheehan actually know there are clubs playing in the AFL that reside outside of the Victorian border.
He has very little or no idea about non-victorian clubs.

He is like a little lemming that you would like to pound into oblivion with a bat....hence why I don't watch these shows.

They never announce player managers in the media coz its a massive conflict of interest and they try and keep it on the down low.

Reading into what he said though im confident the big tip will stay which is great news. Made sense too. why would you take off from a good club, football mad city, where your loved and made into a hero, for some start up club that will be smashed for a couple years, have 10k at each home match.

Lynch offered a lot more on the couch then Hird does, was interesting to hear what he had to say.

Haha. Sheahan. He keeps spurting the "Adelaide haven't beaten anyone" line, when it's plain as day that we have beaten as many Top 4 sides as Collingwood has.

Although, this is the bloke who said that McLeod's influence on the 1997 Grand Final was overhyped.

IMO Lynch as good as said that Tippett will be staying with the Crows.

Started off by saying that it's very difficult to get a Queensland player to return to Queensland. Mentioned that he's bought a house in Adelaide and is in a young team going places - very difficult to get him to move.

There was a bit more than that but basically it was all pointing to Tippett staying.

Very pleasing. :thumbsu: :)

Started off by saying that it's very difficult to get a Queensland player to return to Queensland. Mentioned that he's bought a house in Adelaide and is in a young team going places - very difficult to get him to move.

There was a bit more than that but basically it was all pointing to Tippett staying.

Lynch has been singing from this song book all year, I remembered watching the Crows v Tigers game played at the GC on fox and Lynch was constantly quizzed about Kurt and his response was the same as his response tonight

You just sense Lynch has a huge respect for the AFC, it's coaching staff, the facilities, the young list and the professionalism of the club

you only had to see the interview Tipp gave channel 7 that was played at the end of Friday nights game to know he was going nowhere.

you only had to see the interview Tipp gave channel 7 that was played at the end of Friday nights game to know he was going nowhere.

What did he say?
I was at the game so I haven't seen any of the footage.
I loved his celebration towards the crowd in the 3rd quarter after kicking a ripping goal though, looked very passionate - as did Maric's a few minutes before. :thumbsu:

It took 40 minutes before the crows even got mentioned on One Week at a Time.... and it was about the Crows runner. Then a few minutes on our match, was thinking with only 4 matches we might get a bit more of a mention.

Whats the bet if we beat the Pies this week they will still talk more about the Pies.

Wanted to slam Quartermain to say we are not in the same class as Sts, Geelong and Collingwood just after they spent 15 minutes saying how shit Collingwood were. **** I hope we win to shove it up all those arrogant biased tossers.

What did he say?
I was at the game so I haven't seen any of the footage.
I loved his celebration towards the crowd in the 3rd quarter after kicking a ripping goal though, looked very passionate - as did Maric's a few minutes before. :thumbsu:

I've just been watching the replay and he said, 'we've got a great group coming through (sic) and we're all developing together and pushing each other hard so um, I think in the next few years we'll see a lot of great footballers come through this club and hopefully we'll ah, have some great team success.'

Haha. Sheahan. He keeps spurting the "Adelaide haven't beaten anyone" line, when it's plain as day that we have beaten as many Top 4 sides as Collingwood has.

Although, this is the bloke who said that McLeod's influence on the 1997 Grand Final was overhyped.

He's not the only one that hasn't brought that fact up though. NONE of them seem to either know it, or choose not to use it. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to sound a little far-fetched but a family friend played golf with Charlie Walsh recently within a group of people, and naturally they were asking him about the Crows. I'll just do some dot points from what I can remember.

• Kurt Tippett is staying for at least another 3 years. 3 years because that's the longest possible contract the Crows will offer anyone.
  • Pound for pound, Crows players are the strongest in the competition. He said its because of their work on the bikes and that the bikes are much better than weights because it saves strain on player's backs etc.
  • More on the bikes; they keep track of how much work the players do with the 4 golden oldies and Vince right up the list, but big Kurt is #1, having done 27km more than the next best player.
  • Taylor Walker hasn't been playing because he's a lazy footballer, but apparently he's much improved in this area over the past month.
  • The coaching staff are amazed by and very impressed with this young group, the players have far exceeded the coaching group's expectations for this season and the coaches are just trying to keep a lid on it.

I've just been watching the replay and he said, 'we've got a great group coming through (sic) and we're all developing together and pushing each other hard so um, I think in the next few years we'll see a lot of great footballers come through this club and hopefully we'll ah, have some great team success.'

Thanks for that, I can actually imagine him saying that. More journalists should keep all the 'um's and 'ah's in. :D

Great insights, thanks for sharing. Interesting if that is true about Walker, doesn't surprise me. Obviously immense natural talent, but did look a bit slow and lumbering when he played. Would be scary if he does start to work harder on the training track as to how good he could become.

not the first 18 year old to let the stardom get to him. He'll be back a better person next year! keep him on ice, his not needed this year!

This is going to sound a little far-fetched but a family friend played golf with Charlie Walsh recently within a group of people, and naturally they were asking him about the Crows. I'll just do some dot points from what I can remember.

• Kurt Tippett is staying for at least another 3 years. 3 years because that's the longest possible contract the Crows will offer anyone.
  • Pound for pound, Crows players are the strongest in the competition. He said its because of their work on the bikes and that the bikes are much better than weights because it saves strain on player's backs etc.
  • More on the bikes; they keep track of how much work the players do with the 4 golden oldies and Vince right up the list, but big Kurt is #1, having done 27km more than the next best player.
  • Taylor Walker hasn't been playing because he's a lazy footballer, but apparently he's much improved in this area over the past month.
  • The coaching staff are amazed by and very impressed with this young group, the players have far exceeded the coaching group's expectations for this season and the coaches are just trying to keep a lid on it.
Some interesting points there. Walker was always going to struggle to keep his spot with Hentschel and particularly Burton returning from long term injuries. He has performed about what I'd hoped from him this year and he will be hungry to get back into the team. Let's hope he uses that hunger to work on his game.

I IQ'd On the Couch as well as Ten's show.

I tuned in to Footy Classified and what a waste of time that was. I don't even think I've sat through a show this year, not hard to see why. They spent all of a minute talking about Adelaide then straight into some rubbish off field stuff, typical. :rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing OTC.

Always good to have Lynchy commentate on our game for this reason.

Player managers are very knowledgeble regarding teams developemental skills, facilities and in general young talent.

Thus players agents can recognise our ability to devlope players and the fact we have young talent.

More from Lynch, Healy, even Pickering.

Much less of Sheahan, Lane, Walls etc...ooooh and Hudson.

hahaha classic Chuck, always plug bike work.

We're very very lucky to have the former Australian cycling coach on our staff. This is a serious advantage.

Just another piece to our puzzle. VEry very good set of assistant coaches.

I don't know how much he and Kurt have discussed his possible move to the Gold Coast but whatever Lynch's opinion, it's Kurt's decision. Has he made his mind up yet? Who knows. But the signs are looking good.

FWIW I'm certain that Lynch isn't Tippett's personal manager, but works for his management company.

His actual manager was on KG and Phil Smyth's show a few months ago, but I can't recall his name now.

He said pretty much the same thing though - that Tippett was happy in Adelaide, buying a house at Glenelg, his girlfriend visited often and there were plans for her to move permanently in the future. He said it would be very hard to get him to move.

The bit that Lynch said that was really interesting, was that when he worked with Tipp. in Qld. he ( Tippett ) was very, very strong and athletic, very much like Jon. Brown.

And he goes OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

On The Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back