Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

It is funny listening to Kane Cornes tip toe around the subject though. If it were any other coach he'd have had the knives out seasons ago.

Kornes is really ruining his standing and esteem amongst the Port Adelaide faithful with his constant White Knight defending of Ken Hinkley.

Kornes is really ruining his standing and esteem amongst the Port Adelaide faithful with his constant White Knight defending of Ken Hinkley.
Port were going to let Kornes go but when Kenny arrived, he convinced the board to offer him a new contract. That's why he wont torch him.

Compare that to some of the brutal stuff he said over the past year or so about David Teague/ Luke Beveridge etc.

He is hopelessly compromised (and a hypocrite) when it comes to Port and Kenny.

Port were going to let Kornes go but when Kenny arrived, he convinced the board to offer him a new contract. That's why he wont torch him.

Compare that to some of the brutal stuff he said over the past year or so about David Teague/ Luke Beveridge etc.

He is hopelessly compromised (and a hypocrite) when it comes to Port and Kenny.

not just that, but if a new coach comes in, chances are they're getting rid of Chadbro as well. Kornes is trying to save his brother's job.

It destroyed him.
Meh he probably made a couple of million before he was 30, started his own business, had a side hustle selling baggies to a his mates, and was nailing women left and right and centre.

If that's your definition of being destroyed, immolate me please!

Meh he probably made a couple of million before he was 30, started his own business, had a side hustle selling baggies to a his mates, and was nailing women left and right and centre.

Destroyed from a playing footy POV.

Side hustles aren’t factored in when talking about the player.

Could have had all those things plus a flag. Which Im pretty sure is the point being made.

It destroyed him as a footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have been a big call based on the GF. Although maybe the dominance on the day papered over some cracks?

I dunno if it's papering over the cracks. Just it was an old squads last real shot.

Would he have been worse than Ben Brown or Tom McDonald?
Who cares. They're completely different types of players. Also I'm pretty sure Jack had retired by then.

Also FWIW the pick Port gave us for mighty Jack Watts went on the dude who kicked 6 in the grand final, first time that's been done since the 1990's thank you very much.

Last edited:
To be honest though that was said about our PF loss in 2021, and our GF loss in 2020, and our PF loss in 2019, and our PF loss in 2013.

Posters and pundits have been predicting rain for about 15 years now. If and when it rains they will take the credit for predicting it.

If it doesn't rain they will predict rain next year.

Posters and pundits have been predicting rain for about 15 years now. If and when it rains they will take the credit for predicting it.

If it doesn't rain they will predict rain next year.
My initial comment was actually meant to be a compliment but somehow its turned into a shit ragging of the Cats. Ive been proven wrong too many times to write them off

Jack Gunston, come on down

Michael Walters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back