Also Happens in other games

Annoyed that got reserve seats and not got 1 of things should get

This really annoys me as I buy Reserved Seats so don’t sit with Opposition Fans

Had 2 Blue Fans next to me at Start of Game but not come back since qtr time

There where other Blues Fans I seen

Also Happens in other games

Annoyed that got reserve seats and not got 1 of things should get

Totally agree.

Out of respect opposition fans should be forced to remove their colours.

What sucks the most about this is that the club will gladly tell you all seats are sold on level 2 and you cant get a legends membership but then like tonight empty seats are just sold randomly for the highest $

Those Pie fans like myself who live outside Melbourne have spent a lot of games sitting beside opposition fans. What doesnt kill you, makes you stronger.

It breaks down barriers too. I remember gently stirring a little old eagles supporter in a game many years ago, and I dont think that I could do that outside a stadium setting.

And never complain about the ability to find carlton fans. It's sunday morning and I just wish that i could find a lygon street in fremantle so that i could go for a walk with my pie scarf....

Those Pie fans like myself who live outside Melbourne have spent a lot of games sitting beside opposition fans. What doesnt kill you, makes you stronger.

It breaks down barriers too. I remember gently stirring a little old eagles supporter in a game many years ago, and I dont think that I could do that outside a stadium setting.

And never complain about the ability to find carlton fans. It's sunday morning and I just wish that i could find a lygon street in fremantle so that i could go for a walk with my pie scarf....

When you are paying for Legends membership, you are paying to sit with like minded fans.

No worries in MCC or General admin. But in OUR social club then sorry it's Pie fans only.

When you are paying for Legends membership, you are paying to sit with like minded fans.

No worries in MCC or General admin. But in OUR social club then sorry it's Pie fans only.

well thats the difference with pie members in the West..we pay for a membership to sit at home when the pies are in town because there isnt enough seats in beagle stadium...

Geez. Back in my day. You went to home games, you went to away games. You often stood, you rarely sat. You talked shit with your fans, you talked shit with opposition fans. You found out stuff about other people, you realised you were a far better person for following collingwood, but you didn't mention it. You fancied their sister, you had your fun. They hated you initially, but later we laughed about it.

These days footy fans are too precious.

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geez. Back in my day. You went to home games, you went to away games. You often stood, you rarely sat. You talked shit with your fans, you talked shit with opposition fans. You found out stuff about other people, you realised you were a far better person for following collingwood, but you didn't mention it. You fancied their sister, you had your fun. They hated you initially, but later we laughed about it.

soft. I've stood in the outer, in the rain, at Princes Park, Moorabbin, Windy Hill, Kardinia Park, Junction Oval, and of course, Victoria Park. Its a badge of honour.

These days, supporters want a recliner under cover, or they stay home.

I have shared this before but still my favourite story re opposition supporters in the outer.

Just on a side note to digress from all the tension I thought I would share a story. I think it was 1981 and Collingwood was playing Carlton at Princess Park. I think both teams were undefeated, and the place was jammed. It was the day a 19 year old Peter Daicos booted 7 on Doull and Hunter.
A couple of Carlton fans were given some of the worst racial abuse (yes I know Collingwood fans have been more than horrific in this regard) to an Aboriginal man standing quietly minding his own business. Those giving the abuse were frustrated that they were not receiving a response, so they decided to become physical by pushing and shoving. It was over quiet quickly as the Aboriginal man took another sip of his beer and the 3 abusers slowly picked themselves up off the ground licking their wounds. They quietly disappeared into the crowd to hide their embarrassment as Lionel Rose went about watching the footy.

The details of the day are correct. Apart from grand finals it's the earliest I've ever got to a ground. 6.30am and the queues were already back to Sydney rd. If you arrived after 8am you didn't get in.

I remember it well, Daics tore them apart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You had me at “fancied their sister”

soft. I've stood in the outer, in the rain, at Princes Park, Moorabbin, Windy Hill, Kardinia Park, Junction Oval, and of course, Victoria Park. Its a badge of honour.

These days, supporters want a recliner under cover, or they stay home.

…and the players would play in the mud where you couldn’t distinguish the colours - that game would be abandoned now. There would be u19s then reserves and by the time the seniors runout it was a mud bath.

Todays players would want game called off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

…and the players would play in the mud where you couldn’t distinguish the colours - that game would be abandoned now. There would be u19s then reserves and by the time the seniors runout it was a mud bath.

Todays players would want game called off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Man I loved the days as a kid where you would go down to Vic Park. Watch the under 19s then The Army Reserve Cup followed by the seniors.

Collecting the empty cans being discarded by the heavy drinkers. (You could take an esky to the game back then) and cashing in those cans for money to buy a pie and a coke.

Thanks to my fellow Collingwood supporting brethren I learnt the best profanity at a very young age.

They were beautiful days.

Man I loved the days as a kid where you would go down to Vic Park. Watch the under 19s then The Army Reserve Cup followed by the seniors.

Collecting the empty cans being discarded by the heavy drinkers. (You could take an esky to the game back then) and cashing in those cans for money to buy a pie and a coke.

Thanks to my fellow Collingwood supporting brethren I learnt the best profanity at a very young age.

They were beautiful days.
The behaviour in the "social club" at Vic Park was barely distinguishable from the "outer" which was rough to say the least.

Chap used to roam the boundary line at halftime selling peanuts from a filthy old sack.

The St John's Ambulance crew all looked about 12.

The whole thing provided quite fertile ground for an analysis of a few layers of Melbourne life.

PS - Windy Hill outer was a very unsafe place unless surrounded by about 40 Cwood supporters - even so ripples torrents of hate from feral oppo supporters were still detectable.

EFA

Last edited:
The behaviour in the "social club" at Vic Park was barely distinguishable from the "outer" which was rough to say the least.

Chap used to roam the boundary line at halftime selling peanuts from a filthy old sack.

The whole thing provided quite fertile ground for an analysis of a few layers of Melbourne life.

PS - Windy Hill outer was a very unsafe place unless surrounded by about 40 Cwood supporters - even so ripples torrents of hate from feral oppo supporters were still detectable.

EFA
Ahhh the guy selling peanuts.
I remember him hitting people who wanted peanuts in the stands lace out from 30 meters away.
He may have been 60 years old but he had a better arm than most of the pitchers in the MLB.

I was going to type "pitcher's" just to piss you off but I figured we just beat the filth. No need to bring the mood down.

5Ahhh the guy selling peanuts.
I remember him hitting people who wanted peanuts in the stands lace out from 30 meters away.
He may have been 60 years old but he had a better arm than most of the pitchers in the MLB.

I was going to type "pitcher's" just to piss you off but I figured we just beat the filth. No need to bring the mood down.
I believe the coins for peanut payment (just confirming this era pre-dates EFTPOS machines) were passed down through an "honest chain" (some would have been tempted to snatch and do a runner), however loyalty to the peanut man was high and, I suspect, he was as fleet of foot as strong of arm.
PS:
1. I should have described his peanut bag as tattered rather than filthy.

2. "30 meters away" - metres please.... 🤣

EFA
That peanut seller had a ripping arm on him

The days were so simple and free. There used to be a small ladder leading onto the roof of the Sherrin stand. It was in the back right corner on the Social club side. One of the ground attendants would get me up on the roof after training and games to fetch any footies that had rested there. About every 3 months he would let me keep a Sherrin.

There are some in here that seem to want us to get to English Football level.
Lets put up fences and barricades and segregate fans to their own sections.

The beauty of our wonderful game is that fans of both sides can watch a game together and not be segregated and treated differently.
I watch in corporate now but this was not always the case. For many years, I have been to the footy with freinds (who follow other teams) and we have sat together, without issue.
If I was sitting with family or friends and someone came up and asked them what they were doing there because they were wearing another scarf, I would personally tell said person to f*** right off.

There are some in here that seem to want us to get to English Football level.
Lets put up fences and barricades and segregate fans to their own sections.

The beauty of our wonderful game is that fans of both sides can watch a game together and not be segregated and treated differently.
I watch in corporate now but this was not always the case. For many years, I have been to the footy with freinds (who follow other teams) and we have sat together, without issue.
If I was sitting with family or friends and someone came up and asked them what they were doing there because they were wearing another scarf, I would personally tell said person to f*ck right off.
The beauty of Melbourne games is that both club's supporters are there - you only really get that for the Derbys interstate. The one team crowds are really painful - just moronic comment after moronic comment going unchecked.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Opposition Fans in Collingwood Reserved Seats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back