Roast Opposition Fans in Collingwood Reserved Seats

Remove this Banner Ad

Man I loved the days as a kid where you would go down to Vic Park. Watch the under 19s then The Army Reserve Cup followed by the seniors.

Collecting the empty cans being discarded by the heavy drinkers. (You could take an esky to the game back then) and cashing in those cans for money to buy a pie and a coke.

Thanks to my fellow Collingwood supporting brethren I learnt the best profanity at a very young age.

They were beautiful days.

I was selling ‘drinks, lollies, and potato chips’ for O’Briens Catering

Even though I had a Collingwood scarf on, some of the punters at the Yarra Falls end would try and flog things from my tray or check my coat pockets for cash

I know it wasn’t you

You are a Big Dickhead but honourable

I was selling ‘drinks, lollies, and potato chips’ for O’Briens Catering

Even though I had a Collingwood scarf on, some of the punters at the Yarra Falls end would try and flog things from my tray or check my coat pockets for cash

I know it wasn’t you

You are a Big Dickhead but honourable
Raccoon Lol GIF by Demic

Please be nice to ottoman - he appointed me Minister for Education in Hardistan - as far as I know my appointment has not been revoked

Last edited:
i remember going to princess park and lining up for a pie at half time....and the pie stall had two employees - one putting in the pies into the warmer and one selling them...the pies were in there for one minute...and i bought two cold pies and ate them and have never spoken about it since because of the distress it caused. But now i'm speaking out today because i want compensation from carlton for cruel and inhuman treatment.....

Man I loved the days as a kid where you would go down to Vic Park. Watch the under 19s then The Army Reserve Cup followed by the seniors.

Collecting the empty cans being discarded by the heavy drinkers. (You could take an esky to the game back then) and cashing in those cans for money to buy a pie and a coke.

Thanks to my fellow Collingwood supporting brethren I learnt the best profanity at a very young age.

I'd collect the empty cans to stand on so I could see over the crowd between the goals and Rush stand

The behaviour in the "social club" at Vic Park was barely distinguishable from the "outer" which was rough to say the least.

Chap used to roam the boundary line at halftime selling peanuts from a filthy old sack.

The St John's Ambulance crew all looked about 12.

The whole thing provided quite fertile ground for an analysis of a few layers of Melbourne life.

PS - Windy Hill outer was a very unsafe place unless surrounded by about 40 Cwood supporters - even so ripples torrents of hate from feral oppo supporters were still detectable.

EFA

Same guy used to sell them at the Cramer St oval (Preston home ground in the VFA)
"peanuts, peanuts get your peanuts"

Edit: on the matter of the thread, interstate member with seat at the Gabba, now that's
an eye opener- them supporters are effin feral win or lose

Last edited:
The beauty of Melbourne games is that both club's supporters are there - you only really get that for the Derbys interstate. The one team crowds are really painful - just moronic comment after moronic comment going unchecked.

Actually, I dont know about other states but derbies or darbies as eastern staters call them, are usually one team affairs in WA because almost all the tickets are allocated to members of the home team. Opposition supporters get allocated 1000 tickets i think...

The beauty of Melbourne games is that both club's supporters are there - you only really get that for the Derbys interstate. The one team crowds are really painful - just moronic comment after moronic comment going unchecked.

The solution to those that want to sit with opposition fans is really simple. Don't buy a legends membership.

AFL membership and MCC is your best alternative. I am also an MCC member and guest passes are easy to organise.

Same guy used to sell them at the Cramer St oval (Preston home ground in the VFA)
"peanuts, peanuts get your peanuts"

John Boyd RIP

I was a smart-arse 12-year-old and asked him for some macadamias (I'd read about them)

He pulled an ancient brown bag from deep in his trouser pocket, translucent with macadamia oil, which shamed me into buying them

DmnefJDU.jpg

distressing story about a young boy watching a bloke drag his nuts out of his pocket....

John Boyd RIP

I was a smart-arse 12-year-old and asked him for some macadamias (I'd read about them)

He pulled an ancient brown bag from deep in his trouser pocket, translucent with macadamia oil, which shamed me into buying them

DmnefJDU.jpg

Wow, first world problems. I love the banter with opposition supporters at games. Not sure why anyone would want segregation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, first world problems. I love the banter with opposition supporters at games. Not sure why anyone would want segregation.
The members reserve is for members. I don’t have an issue with members giving their seat to an opposition fan, as long as they remain silent at all times.

The members reserve is for members. I don’t have an issue with members giving their seat to an opposition fan, as long as they remain silent at all times.

I guess that’s working then. I haven’t heard boo from members who have given away their seats.

Segregation and Collingwood supporters in our own social for Reserved Seats that there is a waiting list for are two different matters.

I don't think it's too much to ask to fill our social club with Collingwood supporters? What am I missing here?

Those Pie fans like myself who live outside Melbourne have spent a lot of games sitting beside opposition fans. What doesnt kill you, makes you stronger.

It breaks down barriers too. I remember gently stirring a little old eagles supporter in a game many years ago, and I dont think that I could do that outside a stadium setting.

And never complain about the ability to find carlton fans. It's sunday morning and I just wish that i could find a lygon street in fremantle so that i could go for a walk with my pie scarf....
ROFL.
Took one for the boys .
Respect.

Or those same cans could be used to stand on to get a better view or used as a toilet by some of those heavy drinkers.

Or those same cans could be used to stand on to get a better view or used as a toilet by some of those heavy drinkers.
Witnessed that exact "happening" the first time my father took me to the Cwood "Social Club" stand - I think "The Croxton" pub was a more sedate venue ....

Segregation and Collingwood supporters in our own social for Reserved Seats that there is a waiting list for are two different matters.

I don't think it's too much to ask to fill our social club with Collingwood supporters? What am I missing here?

The people who do have memberships have every right to take guests with those memberships, and those guests have every right to be there and to support whoever they like. Just like at every other club.

The people who do have memberships have every right to take guests with those memberships, and those guests have every right to be there and to support whoever they like. Just like at every other club.

That is where I strongly disagree. They don't have a right to be there and they shouldn't be.

If your idea holds water then maybe it should be renamed the Collingwood & friends social club. Or better still just call it a Social club and drop the name Collingwood. Seems being a Collingwood is quite incidental in all this.

This is not the MCC or AFL members where you can buy guest passes.

This is not a corporate area where you are bringing sponsors along and showing them a good team. If that's the experience you are after then buy a corporate box.

What if everyone decided to bring an opposition supporter. Outnumbered in our own social club - how ridiculous. While we have fans who can't actually get a look into Legends membership.

Last edited:
That is where I strongly disagree. They don't have a right to be there and they shouldn't be.

If your idea holds water then maybe it should be renamed the Collingwood & friends social club. Or better still just call it a Social club and drop the name Collingwood. Seems being a Collingwood is quite incidental in all this.

This is not the MCC or AFL members where you can buy guest passes.

This is not a corporate area where you are bringing sponsors along and showing them a good team. If that's the experience you are after then buy a corporate box.

What if everyone decided to bring an opposition supporter. Outnumbered in our own social club - how ridiculous. While we have fans who can't actually get a look into Legends membership.

I wasn’t suggesting guest passes. There are members who hold multiple memberships. How they choose to use them is completely up to them. There wouldn’t be a club in the league that precludes members from doing that, not sure why Collingwood should seek to do otherwise. Happy for you to point me to the conditions of membership (to which people have agreed when purchasing their memberships) which stipulates anything different.

I wasn’t suggesting guest passes. There are members who hold multiple memberships. How they choose to use them is completely up to them. There wouldn’t be a club in the league that precludes members from doing that, not sure why Collingwood should seek to do otherwise. Happy for you to point me to the conditions of membership (to which people have agreed when purchasing their memberships) which stipulates anything different.

I guess the conditions don't factor in common sense. If we had to factor that in, then the conditions would be like a formal contract.

It's actually pretty selfish of those with multiple memberships to be behaving like that. I am surprised you cannot see that. Or maybe you do but happy to turn a blind eye.

These are probably the same people that flog off grand final tickets at high prices or do they grace us with their presence for a grand final?

I guess the conditions don't factor in common sense. If we had to factor that in, then the conditions would be like a formal contract.

It's actually pretty selfish of those with multiple memberships to be behaving like that. I am surprised you cannot see that. Or maybe you do but happy to turn a blind eye.

These are probably the same people that flog off grand final tickets at high prices or do they grace us with their presence for a grand final?

Pretty pointless circular discussion. I think people who spend their hard earned are entitled to do what they like within the conditions that apply, you think otherwise, I’ll leave it there as we're never going to agree.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Opposition Fans in Collingwood Reserved Seats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back