Nov 23, 2016
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Maroons,Lions, Broncos,Roar,CPFC,
Haven't done this in a while so i thought i'd bring it back up

Excluding your own team
1. Essendon vs Collingwood - Not a fan of both teams but Anzac day games are always great to watch
2. Sydney vs GWS - Sydney derby i think the Swans will put up a bit of a fight but ultimately lose
3. Gold Coast vs Adelaide - Soft spot for GCS and they've been playing well recently and i believe Crows are premiership Favourites right now hopefully it'll be a good game
4. Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane - Soft spot for Lions aswell (From Brisbane) expecting them to get pumped but they're a pretty fun team to watch this year along with the Doggies
5. Richmond vs Melbourne - Richmond playing pretty great this year and Demons haven't been to bad looking forward to it
6. Hawthorn vs West Coast - Hawthorn have been atrocious this year (finally!) but Eagles are horrible at MCG so we'll see...
7. Fremantle vs North - Both pretty bad Freo were pretty exciting last round but i probs wont be tuning into this one
8. Port vs Carlton - Yeah nah ill be right

1. Dons Pies - might look back as the game that defined both seasons
2. Suns Crows - Suns a sneaky chance here, should be a ripper contest
3. Tiges Dees - another game that could go either way
4. Freo North - interested to see if Freo can kick a 100 points again or if last week was an apparition, like the way they are playing, something I thought I would never say about a Rossy Boy coached team.

the rest? could be some nasty results among those & hold little interest for me.

4. Freo North - interested to see if Freo can kick a 100 points again or if last week was an apparition, like the way they are playing, something I thought I would never say about a Rossy Boy coached team.

the rest? could be some nasty results among those & hold little interest for me.
Crows cant be flag favourites when some people are giving the suns a 'sneaky chance" flag favourites are feared teams that should smash teams like the suns and obviously the crows arent respected enough yet to be flag favourites for people that have doubts about them playing the suns...

Last edited:
Why the AFL decided to schedule a Port v Carlton Friday night game is beyond me. Zero interest.

Friday nights should be reserved for top teams going at it, regardless of the size of the club. Sports is enternainment, and the prime time game slots should be as such.

Why the AFL decided to schedule a Port v Carlton Friday night game is beyond me. Zero interest.

Friday nights should be reserved for top teams going at it, regardless of the size of the club. Sports is enternainment, and the prime time game slots should be as such.
I wont be watching, will head out to eat and probably head to the movies on Friday night.. im not going to watch port win by 80 points and see their nuff nuff fans think they're are flag favourites again lol

The St Kilda v Geelong game should be quite close, we beat them by 3 points at Etihad last year so another upset isn't out of the question.

Yeah it will probably be the worst game of the round and they've scheduled it for Friday night, it's not like it wasn't predictable when they fixtured it either.

The AFL already cop it for their fixture which some say unfairly victimises Melbourne teams. Surely some exposure is what is fair for all sides?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. hawks v wce - who is worse? Hawthorn this year or WCE playing away at the mcg
2. Sydney v gws - will be lots of feeling in this one
3. GC v Adelaide - one red hot and the other in good form
4. Rich v Melbourne - do melbourne have any guts to turn it around?
5. Collingwood v essendon - do these teams still deserve this game? Hope its entertaining
6. Bulldogs v brisbane - meh
7.Port v carlton - meh

i forgot st kilda v geelong - that should be a good game

A lot of soft spots there OP, you may need some hardening up

#takethebluepill
Lol being from QLD i've always got to have a soft spot for the Queenslander teams but if one of them are versing the Saints I hate their guts!

Richmond vs Melbourne - Should be a good game. Interested to see if the Tigers can keep it up

St Kilda vs Geelong - St Kilda have matched up well with Geelong and Geelong haven't played for 4 quarters this year. Feel like they could be caught napping.

Sydney vs GWS - Interesting to see if the potential ins can turn Sydney's season around

Gold Coast vs Adelaide - Adelaide should win comfortably, but Gold Coast have hit some form the last 2 weeks. Both teams pretty good to watch.

Fremantle vs North Melbourne - really like Fremantle's more attacking style the past 2 weeks. North have been pretty entertaining to watch as well so looks like it'll be a good game

- Daylight

Port vs Carlton - standard smashing coming up I think, though Carlton have troubled them recently

Hawthorn vs West Coast - It was fun to see Hawthorn's slide at the start, but now the fun has worn out and we're left with a poor side. If West Coast don't win this, you can put a line through them

Bulldogs vs Brisbane - Think the wheels are falling off for Brisbane

Agreed, which defies all belief of why Richmond, Carlton and Collingwood have been continuously kissed on the dick with night games over the past 3 - 4 years considering how mediocre they've been.

Personally would like to see the fixture evenly distributed to give all clubs a crack at Friday night games to help garner interest in the clubs.
Sometimes a fall from grace is tough to predict, imagine if the AFL assumed Sydney would be world beaters this season based on last years performance.

I don't mind it. It's only one game of 22 Friday nights. We don't always have to see Sydney, Geelong, Adelaide, Bulldogs and GWS playing each other on prime time. It gets a bit repetitive

I know right? these primetime slots should be filled with hawthorn and sydney games

have to disagree, whats better than starting the weekend with carlton getting smashed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Order the Round 5 Games in order of your interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back