Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Fat lady just sang
Art Animation GIF by grantkoltoons

Haha Brisbane gone, hangover, gameplay worked out, no good, no desire, players too slow, too old 🤣🤣

Pies and Lions $9 flag now and Naicos $7 brownlow. This is a gift. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fact is for all the crap about Collingwood never travelling and if the GF was at the Gabba the Lions would have won, it was simply ignored that away from the Gabba the Lions are absolutely trash. The only away ground they play well is Marvel.
They played pretty well in the grand final.

Collingwood’s bad kicking kept them in it.

18.12 instead of 12.18 and it’s a comfortable win.
Yeah well, it wasn’t comfortable. It was great, but we should respect the opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah well, it wasn’t comfortable. It was great, but we should respect the opponent.

Why can’t we point out their horrible record on the road? It got me 9/9 this week!!!

Fact is they’ve won 1 game at the MCG since 2014 and whether they lose by 4 or 40 points, they can’t get the job done away from their precious GABBA.

I’m keen to see how the new AFL CEO goes. Definitely ready for some fresh thinking and ideas after the deadening years under Gil.

But the round 0 concept is problematic. When we play our third game this Thursday night, many other teams will still have only played one game.

I know we will get the extra bye, and I know the mantra that a good team should win anyway. But we have not shown ourselves to be in any kind of ‘ready’ form for these early games, and nor has Brisbane.

The other concern is that a pattern has been set, and our confidence dented.

I’m still confident that we will find our mojo some time in the first quarter of the season. But it’s hard not to think that we have been compromised by the scheduling.

I’m keen to see how the new AFL CEO goes. Definitely ready for some fresh thinking and ideas after the deadening years under Gil.

But the round 0 concept is problematic. When we play our third game this Thursday night, many other teams will still have only played one game.

I know we will get the extra bye, and I know the mantra that a good team should win anyway. But we have not shown ourselves to be in any kind of ‘ready’ form for these early games, and nor has Brisbane.

I’m still confident that we will find our mojo some time in the first quarter of the season. But it’s hard not to think that we have been compromised by the scheduling.
Dill is a dill.

Round 0 as a concept is fine

What needs to change is who takes part

Collingwood were the reigning Premier and were punished for it by having the shortest pre-season and travelling for their first game

Dill is a dill.

Not so sure about that jmac. I think he’s smart, and I’m expecting big things. If anything, Gil was a dill, and I’m glad to see the back of him.

I’m just not enamoured of the early season start.

We don't get an extra bye though. 10 teams started a week later than 8 teams. Those 10 teams have already had their bye/week off.

And we have to wait for our bye in round 5. Lions & Blues are getting their's this week.

Round 0 as a concept is fine

What needs to change is who takes part

Collingwood were the reigning Premier and were punished for it by having the shortest pre-season and travelling for their first game

Exactly. Don't involve the 2 clubs that would have had the shorter pre-seasons, and that's the Grand Finalists.
Absolutely stupid to put us and Brisbane into round 0. The Giants could have played the Bulldogs in round 0, they have a full on rivalry since the Prelim in 2016....

I honestly thought it was just an us thing but seeing Brisbane struggle equally as much (if not more so given the opposition difference) then clearly the very short (shortest in history allegedly) pre-season has played at least some role in this

We don't get an extra bye though. 10 teams started a week later than 8 teams. Those 10 teams have already had their bye/week off.

And we have to wait for our bye in round 5. Lions & Blues are getting their's this week.

Yes and have a look after our round 5 bye = 3 games in 13 days again!!

AFL is murdering the premiers like no other season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back