Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly thought it was just an us thing but seeing Brisbane struggle equally as much (if not more so given the opposition difference) then clearly the very short (shortest in history allegedly) pre-season has played at least some role in this

Nothing in it.

Us and Lions had 23 weeks break between games. GWS and Carlton had 24 weeks break between games.

We’ve got more mature players who get a longer off season - that would have far more impact on availability than round zero.

Nothing in it.

Us and Lions had 23 weeks break between games. GWS and Carlton had 24 weeks break between games.

We’ve got more mature players who get a longer off season - that would have far more impact on availability than round zero.

I mean, I always thought 6 day break vs 7 meant nothing too.

So when I first heard the short off season thing I thought "pfft, it's 1 week", but then to see both us and Brisbane? Maybe there's something to it

I mean, I always thought 6 day break vs 7 meant nothing too.

So when I first heard the short off season thing I thought "pfft, it's 1 week", but then to see both us and Brisbane? Maybe there's something to it

Correlation doesn’t mean causality.

All the more so for such a tiny sample size.

GWS and Carlton had 24 weeks and are 2:0

Brisbane and Collingwood only had 23 weeks and are 0:2

Correlation doesn’t mean causality. I don’t buy that an extra week in 5 months makes any difference.

It makes sense to play the teams that have had the longest break first?

I think you need to factor into your argument that GWS played the Kangaroos and Carlton got to play Richmond. Both teams who are average and were playing their first games for the season.

We would have played three games before some have even played two. It’s utter nonsense and totally avoidable.

I think you need to factor into your argument that GWS played the Kangaroos and Carlton got to play Richmond. Both teams who are average and were playing their first games for the season.

We would have played three games before some have even played two. It’s utter nonsense and totally avoidable.
Gold Coast beat Richmond in Opening Round.

Didn't we initiate it?

Plus most thought that we would beat Sydney. Coming back after a loss with it's not fair the AFL should have known is a wee bit of a whinge.

For all we know now getting exposed early by a couple of good teams may help us to get our shit together to have a serious tilt. We sure as hell have enough time to get things right if we're good enough. We've got 21 games left.

Didn't we initiate it?

Plus most thought that we would beat Sydney. Coming back after a loss with it's not fair the AFL should have known is a wee bit of a whinge.

For all we know now getting exposed early by a couple of good teams may help us to get our s**t together to have a serious tilt. We sure as hell have enough time to get things right if we're good enough. We've got 21 games left.
We probably did - I have not agreed with many of the decisions the club has made off field in terms of membership, ticketing, fixturing. So not surprised.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back