Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

And a fit McStay and Mihocek getting to work together for a full year would go a long way towards a premiership tilt.
Our main players in, a strong pre-season and our next tier players having a run this year I think will put us in good stead to make finals next year.

Though I am very interested in how we will structure up off field in the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In years to come no one will ever look back on this West Coast v Carlton game and think, ‘ah the game that ended Collingwood’s season’. In fact I think this game will be forgotten by 99% of footy fans by Wednesday.

Round 23, 2022 on the other hand? That’ll be remembered for years, decades to come with that Elliott goal being replayed over and over.

And I’m absolutely fine with that!
Yeah, there was no “Grim Reaper” moment. Instead the Weagles were just f’ing grim!

This may still happen according to Brown. As long as all teams play.

Also heard we’re lobbying AFL to play a home game vs Vic team in Qld coupled with playing GC the week before or after.
Please-no. Stop constantly fiddling with the fixture and rules. Can we have a moratorium on this "endless changes on the run" strategy depending on which direction the wind is blowing?

A home game in SA for gather round against a Vic team and a home game in Queensland against a Vic team means less live action for us here in Melbourne.

Please-no. Stop constantly fiddling with the fixture and rules. Can we have a moratorium on this "endless changes on the run" strategy depending on which direction the wind is blowing?

A home game in SA for gather round against a Vic team and a home game in Queensland against a Vic team means less live action for us here in Melbourne.
The gather round thing we can’t control.

But I think the club’s view point on Qld is trying to grow our supporter base up there along with getting more $. That extra game in Qld would be against a Marvel tenant and takes away from having to play one of the co-tenants there as part of our current contract each year.

As for the Qld deal, I hear it’s fair way off as the $ we’re asking for isn’t being agreed to by the Mayor up there.

But then how will the overpaid suits controlling the sport justify their existence?

Ex f#cken actly

At least we now get to watch 7 other b#stards lose - Port for me (I enjoyed a few defacto B&W flags from Port in the 1980s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back