Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the **** do Port bother trying to make finals. Pathetic

"I've wanted Hinkley sacked for a quarter of my life. Please end this torture."

From the Port board.

Don't blame them. Its like Groundhog Day in finals

Last night's performance is a low point in Port's history. Hinkley (or any coach) would find it hard to help a squad bounce back from that shellacking.

Last night's performance is a low point in Port's history. Hinkley (or any coach) would find it hard to help a squad bounce back from that shellacking.
Id be surprised if they beat either Hawthorn or Bulldogs next week which would be straight sets again. Surely the board has to make a call on Hinkley in that case. Before the supporters genuinely riot!

I was feeling tired so I'm happy with my decision to go to bed at halftime.

Still better than Port who were already asleep.

I was hoping Butters, Rozee and Co. had finally put on their big boy pants, that their H&A season wasn't just an illusion.

Alas it was pretty evident from the opening minutes that this was going to be another pathetic finals performance from them, the lack of intensity was unbelievable from a side playing in a final and as suggested if the Port "stars" didn't show up (again) in September an upset by Geelong was likely.

I never anticipated that margin however.

Hell perhaps it wasn't even an upset and it's what we should have expected from a Port side up against a Chris Scott lead team who had 2 weeks to prepare.

I hate that bloke but he's a fine coach who regularly gets his team to execute a plan with surgical precision.

Id be surprised if they beat either Hawthorn or Bulldogs next week which would be straight sets again. Surely the board has to make a call on Hinkley in that case. Before the supporters genuinely riot!

KH might have made a few blues - eg picking Dixon - but the players need to take a big portion of responsibility for serving up that uncompetitive garbage

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

KH might have made a few blues - eg picking Dixon - but the players need to take a big portion of responsibility for serving up that uncompetitive garbage

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I thought Bergman was Port's best player - he got plenty of opportunity.
JHF tried his guts out without much support - we should rescue him from Port and play him alongside a real star.

Rozee's 2nd half and the nerve of opposition supporters who think this guy is better than Nick Daicos.

A disastrous second half:
  • 1 contested possession
  • 4 effective disposals
  • 1 clearance
I like Rozee as a footballer but he’s not the main guy in there and absolutely he’s no Nick Daicos so don’t bite, simply not true.

I thought Bergman was Port's best player - he got plenty of opportunity.
JHF tried his guts out without much support - we should rescue him from Port and play him alongside a real star.
Port must have good reason for keeping JHF on the bench for 6-7 minutes at the start of quarters. There must be queries on his ability to run out quarters. He does go like a cut cat when he is on the field. And his % of game is only a tad lower than other mids. Odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dixon and Esava as your Key Forwards. Just laughable.

How the hell did Port fall in to 2nd spot.
The latter didn't hold a single mark all night - he seemed to fumble every time he got near the ball.
Georgiades was OK.
You'd think Marshall plays next week.

The latter didn't hold a single mark all night - he seemed to fumble every time he got near the ball.
Georgiades was OK.
You'd think Marshall plays next week.

MG is a good footballer.

A coach simply can't justify selecting both Dixon and Esava as Key Forwards in a final and get away with it.

I just hope the Dogs belt them next week so Hinkley finally gets the arse.

MG is a good footballer.

A coach simply can't justify selecting both Dixon and Esava as Key Forwards in a final and get away with it.

I just hope the Dogs belt them next week so Hinkley finally gets the arse.
why would we want Hinkley to get the arse?? I want him to get an extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back