patdman

All Australian
Sep 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
OK, guys....Geelong needs a Key FORWARD....why are we so freaked out trying to get Ottens?? Is it because we are really, really, really suprised that someone actually wants to make the trip down the highway to play for us?

Ottens is NOT primarily a forward...don't think he could even be moulded into a genuine one either...

Now, I think he would be a good addition to Geelong, he would be like another Steven King (Woo Hoooo!!!!!) with a little more ability as a forward, but he's not worth a young gun...

Geelong + Ottens...no guarentee for greatness

1) Please give Brian Cook and co. some credit

2) Everyone (including the club) knows what type of footballer he is

3) Every realistic supporter realises that Ottens (or any other player for that mattter) isn't the miracle panacea to all our ills.

G'day fellow Cats Fans,

My uncle is a Tigers supporter and has the Richmond's 2001 season highlights on video. I decided the other day that I would watch it to get a view of Ottens at his best. He played very well as a forward and took a fair few strong marks. Now that was a 3 season's back. So to say that Ottens can't play as a Key foward... Geelong aren't gonna bleed to get one player who does match our exact needs. Brad will be a very handy addition to the team and I don't believe Geelong will let themselves get ripped off by the Tigers to get him. I also don't think that Richmond will shoot themselves in the foot and get nothing for him in the trade period. Hopefully both clubs will come to an acceptable agreement and Ottens will be joining us.

An Ottens-King rotation in ruck would be awesome. Kingsley, Ottens and Graham would test short back lines. Go the Cats. I'll be cheering at Manuka (I live in Canberra) in the Wizard for the Mighty Cats.

<edit> Also looking foward to round one Vs Richmond as I'll be goiong down with my uncle to see the cats hammer the Tigers... again.</edit>

Ottens will be a very handy forward for you guys. Richmond never had the luxury of having him as a sole forward as we only ever had a half fit Stafford or old Gale.

Im really sad to see him leave but wish him well with the Cats. Will be a perfect 1-2 punch with King you guys will NEVER get beaten in the ruck.

Anyways i hope it all works out for him and you guys get to see the ability that he has so far struggled to produce. No doubt he has it in him just needs a change of scenery to bring it out in him.

On another note i visited Geelong for the first time a couple of months ago and just want to say thats its an very nice little town. I can see why Otto would like to head that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ottens...not a key forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back