Prediction Our 2018 ladder finish (North fans only)

Our 2018 ladder finish (North fans only)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What you might see as negative, many see as realistic. Feel free to continue to pull the wool over your eyes.

The jury is completely out on these blokes, as the situation currently stands, but you strongly expect them to fail, simply because it suits your current whine mindset. There is no proof to support this.

If you claim to strongly support the view that it's because they have been injured in the past, then that view would be applied to every player in the competition, and is therefore worthless.

The jury is completely out on these blokes, as the situation currently stands, but you strongly expect them to fail, simply because it suits your current whine mindset. There is no proof to support this.

If you claim to strongly support the view that it's because they have been injured in the past, then that view would be applied to every player in the competition, and is therefore worthless.

Disagree - I strongly expect Wood, Ahearn and Wright to be very good footballers once they get their bodies right. I think that they all possess attributes that can really help us as a football side when fit.

I also recognise that they have had a long time on the sidelines, and expecting them to come in next year and 1 - play a full season and 2 - contribute enough to take us into the top 8, is completely unrealistic and even foolish.

Disagree - I strongly expect Wood, Ahearn and Wright to be very good footballers once they get their bodies right. I think that they all possess attributes that can really help us as a football side when fit.

I also recognise that they have had a long time on the sidelines, and expecting them to come in next year and 1 - play a full season and 2 - contribute enough to take us into the top 8, is completely unrealistic and even foolish.

I have taken your earlier comments out of context. Apologies.

Returning players from injury, a healthy run with injuries during the 2018 season, add Stephenson/Cerra and another pre-season into guys like McKay, Simpkin, Williams (both of them really), Brown (a full pre-season would be nice), Mountford, Clarke, Pruess, Nielson (get stronger) and Durdin, I can see a 12-14th finish.

For all the doomsayers saying we are shit, have a shit list and will finish somewhere near the bottom; I do not want to read one piece from any of you criticising the club, players or coach.

After all if you think we are shit, and perform to your low expectations, why would you complain? Except to hear the sound of your own salty tears on the keyboard.

With a fit list, I hate to say it but we will do better than many think.

However, if we lose any of Cunners, JZ, Goldy, Higgins or McDonald to injury we will really struggle to fill that gap.

Who do you think will finish below us?

Gold Coast seem more likely, but I can't see us finishing above Brisbane, Carlton or Freo.

I hope we don't end up with the spoon, however if I see either Lukosius/Rankine averaging 35 possessions 10 marks and 3+ goals, I'm happy to turn a blind eye to getting the spoon.
This could turn out to be another Carey and Longmire moment in our history.

It's gonna be fascinating to watch.

How do we get better?

Defense - Marley Williams and Vickers-Willis stay injury free - I really like both these guys down back. VW seems a good decision maker and was going along really well I thought. Add Wright into the mix as well, shoring up the defence. Neilson gets another pre-season, looks a player to me.

Midfield - This is the hardest area to see improvement. Jacobs, Ahern are wildcards. McDonald could get involved. Williams, MacMillan on the wings add some attacking options. Could a few dynamic players pinch hit - Garner, Simpkin, Atley? Can Dumont step up another level? Lots of questions, not many answers. Pick 4, whoever you may be, just get a few games and start building up, we shouldn't expect too much next year.

Ruck - Worried about Preuss' back, but if he is injury free I would think he plays better. I am backing Goldy to rediscover his top form - he's obviously been through the ringer, but we would do well to remember for the majority of his career he has been a top line ruckman. I think he'll be back and make a lot of people eat their words. Majak, I think is going to remain exactly the same as always.

Forward - I see improvement for Simpkin, Turner, Garner, Zurhaar. Preseason for Brown would be nice, he's a bloody gun. Heaps of developing talls, still rate McKay as a forward option. Mason, get on the bloody park please. 10 games from Waite you know are gonna be good.

How are we worse?

Depth - Hansen, Mullet, Gibson gawn. Genuine best-22 player in Gibbo. We will be more vulnerable to injury, should we get a repeat of the last 2 years. A bad injury list I think we are bottom 2.

Overall, I don't see us suddenly becoming a powerhouse. But I think with a different injury list this year 10-12 wins was possible. I think we are a better overall list next year. I don't see why we can't finish above Brisbane, Gold Coast, Freo, Carlton at the very least. West Coast, Hawthorn, they could find themselves in the bottom 4 category. Saints have lost Reiwoldt and Montagna, who knows? There is so much in flux, for so many teams, how can you be so sure we are rock bottom?

TL;DR: 12-16th :p

Speaking to mate who has spent time in the sanfl coaching coaching system, he reckons ranking is the best junior to come out of sa in 20 years. Will be a superstar.

Same mate is well connected in tassie and tarryn Thomas is a similar story in tassie

People are buying into the whole doom and gloom. I see a lot of potential in our list, even as it stands.

Can't say I see it as doom or gloom at all. I think it's a very exciting stage for North and the ability to go low in a couple of drafts and benefit from some academy/FS picks is good for us. Thankfully we identified we needed to start this ball rolling in 2016.

Kinda hard not to stress about missing out on Rankine and Lukosius next year if we finish 17th ahead of GC. Personally I have us finishing ahead of them next year - let's hope we spoon or Lynch stays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selected 18 but went with 17...

To finish higher, we are going to need an awful lot of organic growth which is wishful thinking imo. I'm not really worried about direction as such, but if we nut out enough wins to finish mid table then we are absolutely rudderless imo. 2018 is the superdraft and we need to be up to our necks in it

Speaking to mate who has spent time in the sanfl coaching coaching system, he reckons ranking is the best junior to come out of sa in 20 years. Will be a superstar.

Same mate is well connected in tassie and tarryn Thomas is a similar story in tassie

Who is Rankine best since? who was the player he thought was better then Rankine?

we will never see the 90s again unless Lukosius is as good as Carey.
We 'pull a hammy' for one season and get a priority pick; rankine, lukosius, tt, Scott and crocker.
Make the 90s look like we slept through it..

We 'pull a hammy' for one season and get a priority pick; rankine, lukosius, tt, Scott and crocker.
Make the 90s look like we slept through it..

we would have to not win a game for the year and even saying that I am pretty confident the league made some ruling that priority picks in the future would come at the end of the first round, the only club I could possibly see getting 1 and 2 would be GC and only if they lost Lynch as a RFA and finished last.

we would have to not win a game for the year and even saying that I am pretty confident the league made some ruling that priority picks in the future would come at the end of the first round, the only club I could possibly see getting 1 and 2 would be GC and only if they lost Lynch as a RFA and finished last.
Yeah I was being the King of wishful thoking ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Our 2018 ladder finish (North fans only)

Back