Prediction Our 2018 ladder finish (North fans only)

Our 2018 ladder finish (North fans only)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Finish last (hate saying that but for the gerater good) pick 1 take Rankine then if we sneak in a pritory pick even if end of first.
So pick 1,19, 20, and 3 3rd round picks :blush: i know that's doesn't factor in other teams compensation picks but it sounds mighty good on paper.

Lol on what planet are we getting a priority pick.

We wouldn't deserve one and even if we did the afl wouldn't give us one.
We've won 8/36 or there abouts, if we had a 4 win season that would make 12/58. Very much in priority pick contention imo but as you say, the AFL wouldn't grant it unless we moved to the map...

I want to make finals stuff finishing last go barrack got the Suns if that's what you want ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Must say I don't share the doom and gloom mantra of many on here. The club took a step in the right direction this year (despite ladder position). I prefer to believe there will be genuine improvement in guys that have been in the system for a few years that benefited from more game time and opportunity this season (Wood, Dumont, Garner, Hrovat), we will be better if Wright, Turner, Williams and MacMillan give us full seasons, and promising debutants in particular Simpkin, Preuss, Williams, Mountford, Vickers-Willis, Durdin and Nielsen take the next step. The regeneration of the list is on track and I do not see bottom 4 as either our ambition (to secure speculative underage talent) nor our destiny. I am one who is excited, and looking forward to next SEASON not next year's draft!

yjimage

14 points from winning 5 more games and finishing close to 9-11 and riddle with injuries in the last third of 2017 and only had a list of 25 to chose from. don't see why we would be dropping down the ladder...

I'm with you on that. They finished at midnight on the 31st of December 1999.

When the world was supposed to implode due to the clocks being unable to tick over to 2000 and beyond. Talk about a letdown!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing it quiet with an eye to the 2018 draft is the right strategy by the club. Moving on more senior players allows the club to be more "experimental".

Watching the team next year with so many youngsters will be exciting and frustrating but a bottom 2 finish is imperative. However we have some real emerging talent that most outside the club don't rate or are even aware of but call me stupid :p if these blokes haven't shown something?

Preuss
Simpkin
Garner
Wood
Brown
Neilson
McKay
Turner
Durdin
EVW
Mountford
Clarke

If most take another step next year after getting 20 games in them then our foundation is solid and then you tnrow in LMac along with Ahern and Dow/Stephenson then all of a sudden we enter 2018 draft with say pick 2 then our 2019 team could look like this:

B: Williams Neilson Tarrant
HB: EVW McKay Clarke
C: Stephenson/Dow Cunners Williams
HF: Garner Wood T Thomas
F: Ziebell Brown Simpkin

R: Preuss Ahern LMac

IC: Blakey Rankine Higgins Atley

Emerg: JMac Goldy Durdin

I follow both the Queensland teams closely. I would like them to do well, but I really can't see it. If you think we're going to finish behind either of them you haven't been paying attention.
I partly agree. Lions are absolutely crap but suns did have a pretty bad run with injuries. How they go sans gazza and with new coach will be anyones guess.

Playing it quiet with an eye to the 2018 draft is the right strategy by the club. Moving on more senior players allows the club to be more "experimental".

Watching the team next year with so many youngsters will be exciting and frustrating but a bottom 2 finish is imperative. However we have some real emerging talent that most outside the club don't rate or are even aware of but call me stupid :p if these blokes haven't shown something?

Preuss
Simpkin
Garner
Wood
Brown
Neilson
McKay
Turner
Durdin
EVW
Mountford
Clarke

If most take another step next year after getting 20 games in them then our foundation is solid and then you tnrow in LMac along with Ahern and Dow/Stephenson then all of a sudden we enter 2018 draft with say pick 2 then our 2019 team could look like this:

Surprised you dont list turner in your team. He was one of our b&f leaders when he did his pcl tbis year.

Preuss
Simpkin
Garner
Wood
Brown
Neilson
McKay
Turner
Durdin
EVW
Mountford
Clarke

Wtf is rankine doing in the bench

Unbelievable attitude change on this board - no one wanted to play an inexperienced side against Brisbane to ensure we get pick 1 and 20 yet now every second poster is prepared to tank a whole season for the same objective!

Hopefully last. Get a priority pick too.

Pick 1, 2, Thomas, Scott and Crock.

That is what I call an aggressive reset.

Brissy got and end of first round comp pick in 2016- they'd won 24 of their last 88. Over the same time frame we've won *53 from 95 games. Doubt we'll get a priority pick, will require two more years of shit results. Not sure I can wait that long.

* A winning strike rate of 53% over four years if they handed out flags for middling finishes we be red hot favourite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Our 2018 ladder finish (North fans only)

Back