Our Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Pepi

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2003
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
At this current time with no injuries, but we wont count Wojcinski what do you believe is our best 22. I would say
B. Rooke Scarlett Hunt
HB. Milburn Harley Enright
C. Tenace Kelly Corey
HF. Chapman Playfair S.Johnson
FF. Kingsley Ottens Ablett

R. King Ling Bartel

INT. Mooney Riccardi Sanderson Byrnes

I know Sando is a great player, but to put him in the side as our current best 22 is a bit strange, I'm not sure of his progress in the VFL but surely D. Johnson would have to slot in there in front of Sando.

donkster said:
I know Sando is a great player, but to put him in the side as our current best 22 is a bit strange, I'm not sure of his progress in the VFL but surely D. Johnson would have to slot in there in front of Sando.
yes, I agree. dj would officially have to be in our best 22 now. so i'd swap sando for him but apart from that I think pepi got the 22 right. charlie for first emerg.

Pepi said:
At this current time with no injuries, but we wont count Wojcinski what do you believe is our best 22. I would say
B. Rooke Scarlett Hunt
HB. Milburn Harley Enright
C. Tenace Kelly Corey
HF. Chapman Playfair S.Johnson
FF. Kingsley Ottens Ablett

R. King Ling Bartel

INT. Mooney Riccardi Sanderson Byrnes

It's interesting that this team doesn't include Gardiner, DJ, Thurley, Callan, Koula, Mackie and Wojcinski (I understand your reasoning for leaving him out), all of whom I feel can make a claim to being in the 22 after performing well in their games this year. Add to that Egan and Lonergan who also were good performers on debut and we have 31 players who are fighting for 22 spots. It's a good position to be in. :)

The club still consider Brenton Sanderson a member of our best 22, and a vital member at that.

Not sure who's spot he would take, but i for one am not writing him off yet.

Shows the great depth we have atm, where I remember some comments by opposition supporters recenty saying that our VFL side is shyte because we have no depth. From my memory it was a Kangaroo's supporter, but we won't crucify them for that, we'll just put it on the scoreboard.

Phat said:
The club still consider Brenton Sanderson a member of our best 22, and a vital member at that.

Not sure who's spot he would take, but i for one am not writing him off yet.

Not sure where but Bomber was quoted as saying "he's still got two games for 200" so imagine he will be slotted in. Obviously Bomber is no Blight (Steven Hocking).

Im not sure we have a best 22. The way we play enables quick interchange for most players.Some players would have bigger effect if out than others. Already id hate to see our side with Ottens & King out. Bartel and Ablett are musts and Ling would be missed badly, no coinsidence about our form and Scarlos coming good at the same time and Playfair is becoming more valuable by the week and dont forget Miburn. I dont underestimate the others, its just opinion
Yes Bomber , has a much more "club related" attitude towards things like the 200. I think come Finals , if fit Sando will be in, hes deserves his chance in a good side and taste of finals footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back