List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd better hurry Sylvia's marrying a man down Galveston way.....I've got forty cents here somewhere...

Would we be interested in Sylvia? Depends what his mother says I suppose ...

WTF? Everytime I've tried to call him - his mother says he's too busy to come to the phone!?!?!

Footy smarts - tick.
Quality disposals - tick
Defensive mindset - tick.
Carlton supporter - tick.
Friends at club - tick.
Homesick - tick.

If the club is interested then you'd think this would be the easiest trade of the offseason.
We need to find all this info out about the player well before draft time and even possibly before they start doing really well at TAC cup level then hide them in outback Moe or Churchill etc and then select them at pick 90.;)

#eaglesstyle

Rather than "untouchable" perhaps we should be looking at building a "core".

A team's "core" are a group of players close enough to one another in age that they can expect their best football (say, age 22-28) to largely overlap. The core should include key structural elements such as midfielders capable of regularly getting 30+ touches, at least one key forward target who can reliably kick 40-50+ goals playing as a permanent forward, at least one key defender, and whoever else is key to the team's game style. There are always exceptions to this, but as a rule of thumb is kind of holds true. For what it's worth, ruckman tend not to be "core".

This core is who you do not allow to leave. You always have them under contract, and their contractual needs are a priority. A good enough core enables a team to perennially challenge, or at the very least start from a base "OK, we have *this* covered, what else do we need?" each year.

Subliminal, but I think I see where you are headed with this...

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/aidan-corr

Gibbs is 24, has lived out of home, in the worlds most liveable city since he was 17. Why would he have the need to go 'home'. His whole adult life is now in Melbourne. The only thing that might make him want to return 'home' will be a bucket full of $$

We need to find all this info out about the player well before draft time and even possibly before they start doing really well at TAC cup level then hide them in outback Moe or Churchill etc and then select them at pick 90.;)

#eaglesstyle
Just to enlighten you as to the process. Players in say the South Metro junior league are scouted in u-14s and a file created for them. The CIA are amateurs in intelligence gathering compared to the AFL.

You really have to be playing basketball in the back of beyond to get under the radar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do we think the CFC have in mind if we are indeed looking at both Staker & Jesse White?
We may well just be window shopping but could we possibly be after both?

If we are though, what does it say in that we offered Rowe another year only a few weeks ago?

Other than Thomas, where are the mids we need going to come from?
Surely we must have more than just one iron in the fire where it comes to mids.

#eaglesstyle
Hiding the good kids from other recruiters in Moe or Churchill would be a fantastic strategy if your aim was to get them addicted to ice or involved in petty crime...

What do we think the CFC have in mind if we are indeed looking at both Staker & Jesse White?

If we are though, what does it say in that we offered Rowe another year only a few weeks ago?

hmm, let's give the footy dept the benefit of doubt for now...

Footy smarts - tick.
Quality disposals - tick
Defensive mindset - tick.
Carlton supporter - tick.
Friends at club - tick.
Homesick - tick.

If the club is interested then you'd think this would be the easiest trade of the offseason.

Couldn't agree more. Really liking the sound of this kid and with Scotland's pending retirement the prospect of a young elite kick and ball carrier off half-back must be music to Micks ears.

It allows us to use Yarran in the midfield - again part of Micks plan (I think).

With Watson, Simpson, Docherty and possibly Yarran coming out the back line, we at least go from a team 2-3 years ago with very poor kicking skills to a team with elite foot skills.

Other than Thomas, where are the mids we need going to come from?
Surely we must have more than just one iron in the fire where it comes to mids.

Probably means that we're laying the groundwork to be able to obtain either player. IF indeed we're actually interested in either of them, nothing wrong with laying the groundwork for both in case one of the deals doesn't materialise.

Couldn't agree more. Really liking the sound of this kid and with Scotland's pending retirement the prospect of a young elite kick and ball carrier off half-back must be music to Micks ears.

It allows us to use Yarran in the midfield - again part of Micks plan (I think).

With Watson, Simpson, Docherty and possibly Yarran coming out the back line, we at least go from a team 2-3 years ago with very poor kicking skills to a team with elite foot skills.
What is Hawthorn's greatest attribute ?

Elite foot skills in defence, and in their case left-footers who can get an extra yard by turning their opponents.

It seems like our midfield aged 5 years in the 1. Suddenly I'm a little pessimistic about the depth etc, especially with Mitchell and McCarthy's departures we now need to replenish our tall and midfield stocks while hoping like hell Watson and Bootsma become best 22.

Staker and White would be depth I am thinking.

If the club is going looking for a KPF, there is Thorpe... so long as he passes the psych eval that the club throws at him, I dont see him being any worse of an option than White or Staker really.

Staker and White would be depth I am thinking.

If the club is going looking for a KPF, there is Thorpe... so long as he passes the psych eval that the club throws at him, I dont see him being any worse of an option than White or Staker really.

Thorp has only played the one game of AFL football IIRC while Staker and White have played semi consistently in good teams.

Let's not get playing in Tassie and the AFL mixed up. Hawks also let him go because of his work ethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back