List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sam-docherty.855714/#post-22728303
Pykie said:
I don't think he's like Hurn at all tbh.

His kicking is damaging, but it's not the god-like kicking I've heard in media circles and around here.

Hurn has him covered by a fair distance, Brad McKenzie is alot more like Shannon Hurn in terms of kicking.

Docherty has pace to burn, something Hurn doesn't have.

Docherty is your true 100m player off half back.

Adcock is a comparison I've heard, and it's a good one imo. Shades of Yarran in his carry, but thats about it.

Didn't test at the combine, but having seen him play, his 20m sprint would be in the low 2.90's possibly high 2.8's.

His pace in transition off half back will be his weapon at AFL level, not his kicking imo, he might be in the top 20% of kicks in the league when he gets there.

Hurn's in the top 1%.

Pick 3 - St Kilda..... Mitch Thorp

I reckon that their reasoning would be that because Whoreforn took him for pick 6, and St Kilda (in their own eyes) are half as good as Whoreforn so they are paying half of what Whoreforn paid... or something like that.

Or to put it in works Kosi would be able to understand... my brain hurts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing that Docherty plays like Yarran and Adcock sounds great to me. A decent kick who can play midfield is exactly what we need. I'd be pretty comfortable coasting to the draft if Carlton get Docherty unless a KPP is available. Wouldn't be against getting Michie but he may want a higher salary then what we are prepared to pay.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk now Free[/quote]

Hearing that Docherty plays like Yarran and Adcock sounds great to me. A decent kick who can play midfield is exactly what we need. I'd be pretty comfortable coasting to the draft if Carlton get Docherty unless a KPP is available. Wouldn't be against getting Michie but he may want a higher salary then what we are prepared to pay.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk now Free
[/quote]

How high a salary could Michie possibly demand? Not getting a look in at Freo, never established himself at AFL level, looking to revive his career in his home state. He should take whatever he can get for the opportunity

How high a salary could Michie possibly demand? Not getting a look in at Freo, never established himself at AFL level, looking to revive his career in his home state. He should take whatever he can get for the opportunity[/quote]

Not really looking to revive his career. Freo actually want to keep him and I doubt that we will offer the same amount of money to him that the desperate Saints and Demons will.

Obviously you follow the team but he missed a preaseason due to injury and multiple games in his rookie year.

Has played about 55% of games for an awful team.

Your right about missing the majority of his first pre season and a couple of reserves games in his first year. But it's not that uncommon for first year draftees.

An awful team, sure we started of terribly but we came home strong.

He needed to work on parts of his game, he done that and was rewarded this year. We had come competition for spots on the back flanks and wings last yeah in Golby, Harwood, Yeo, Mayes, Hanley and Rich when he came back from injury. They had all shown a bit. The club rates him highly.

Can't judge a player based off the amount of games he has played. Young players need time to develop. Was hard for him to break into the line up but he was rewarded for his form in the reserves and the work he put into developing his game.

His inside game has come a long way too. Was certainly impressed by that.

If he did indeed go to Carlton for pick 28, it will be a massive, massive steal for you guys.

Your right about missing the majority of his first pre season and a couple of reserves games in his first year. But it's not that uncommon for first year draftees.

He needed to work on parts of his game, he done that and was rewarded this year. We had come competition for spots on the back flanks and wings last yeah in Golby, Harwood, Yeo, Mayes, Hanley and Rich when he came back from injury. They had all shown a bit. The club rates him highly.

Can't judge a player based off the amount of games he has played. Young players need time to develop. Was hard for him to break into the line up but he was rewarded for his form in the reserves and the work he put into developing his game.

If he did indeed go to Carlton for pick 28, it will be a massive, massive steal for you guys.

Is it good enough for him to be part of our centre square rotations?

There is too much expectation placed on 17-18 year olds these days coming out of the drafts. They are expecting them to come out firing immediately and make a difference. And if they do, it's because their opposition give them a lot of latitude and dont know what they are like to play against. Then they come out and they have second year blues because people have seen them playing and know what to expect from them.

Some of them dont get over this issue and fade off into the distance (see Jordan Gysberts and his tale of woe) and some of them actually do get over it and climb up the ladder again.

Mightn't be a popular opinion on here but I reckon , if no infractions, Essendon are going to go very close next year.

10 games and finals out of Chappy could be the icing on the cake for them. Lets hope Sydney can hold them at bay while we work on No. 17.

Don't think Chappy was the right fit for us as I we aren't in that window next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back