List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Docherty, wouldn't mind getting Jesse White & Chapman after.

Thomas, Docherty, White & Chapman plus picking up a tall forward as pick 12 would be great result for us IMO.

This squad was in good form in the finals and couldn't go past the semis losing against a severely depleted Swans outfit. I understand there are fan favourites but this squad still needs to be nuked. Hope you are right and we are leaving the best for last.
While the team is a long way off (lets be honest half way through the Port game we weren't thinking about finals) There is no point doing deals for the sake of it.
We missed out on Savage but he is a minimal improvement on Lucas and we have bought in an outside runner in Thomas so why bother. It would probably just result in Lucas leaving next year for unders anyway.

Lets focus on what we need quality inside mid, KPP and youth. Don't look at recruiting a player like Chappy (an absolute personal favourite) who will rob Menzel of game time. If the right trade isn't there don't force it or over pay, go to the draft. We could have gone hard at a washed up KPP in Lynch last year and been stuck with him in 2014, but wiser heads prevailed.

I think this one might be a bit different than the Cloke one.

This is what I think.....Pies were desperate to keep Cloke but weren't offering enough and I reckon the Clokes told carlton that a deal was on but backed out as soon as Collingwood got wind of it and offered the right amount.

Thanks for the segue Lance.

There were several people in the know that felt very confident that we had an agreement with Cloke last year, just for it to fall over.
Something happened other than the Clokes just changing their minds. No matter how hard I've tried to find out, I haven't got the answer on it. Would love to know.

If we get docherrty for what a lot of posters were keen to give the hawks for savage, well, I for one will do a little jig of joy.

Still will save it til he is signed, sealed and delivered, no disrespect to the cranester meant at all. Just that the whole buddy thing has shown what a slippery business this is.

While the team is a long way off (lets be honest half way through the Port game we weren't thinking about finals) There is no point doing deals for the sake of it.
We missed out on Savage but he is a minimal improvement on Lucas and we have bought in an outside runner in Thomas so why bother. It would probably just result in Lucas leaving next year for unders anyway.

Lets focus on what we need quality inside mid, KPP and youth. Don't look at recruiting a player like Chappy (an absolute personal favourite) who will rob Menzel of game time. If the right trade isn't there don't force it or over pay, go to the draft. We could have gone hard at a washed up KPP in Lynch last year and been stuck with him in 2014, but wiser heads prevailed.

Agree. If we were a top four type squad then I think you can say we shouldn't trade for the sake of it, then it has some merit. But we do need to trade, no where near a top four squad let alone top two - where we must be.

Daisy is the cream of the cake type player and looking forward to him in Navy Blue.. I am hoping we do get a quality young key forward and two young quality two-way mids 18-23. I sincerely hope the "fan favourite" factor isn't in the clubs overall decision making process. Vibe is too conservative where it should be uber aggressive. Many are telling me wait and see..........I'd like to see kitchen sinks thrown at quality young players but the concept of quality for quality escapes many.

Still in dire need of a KP player. And not a half baked one either. Bet your ass there is a soft board on a wall somewhere in a windowless room at visy park with head shots of big likely types pinned all over it.
Hoping so Big Sim. I'm on the same page as you. Hope we get something done.

Not really interested in White, especially when Reid should be looked at first, second and third from Sydney. Would free up more cap space for the Swans (and they SHOULD need to) and is much more consistent than White so suits us better. I would be happy not to have a first round pick if we could get Reid or someone similar.

YarranIntArticle_620X370.jpg

Such an un-tradable face............................:)

Not really interested in White, especially when Reid should be looked at first, second and third from Sydney. Would free up more cap space for the Swans (and they SHOULD need to) and is much more consistent than White so suits us better. I would be happy not to have a first round pick if we could get Reid or someone similar.
Get Reid and then get the inside running for his brother when he next comes up for a contract. Seriously talented pair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys!
I think we have to stop having these fantasies about players from other clubs.
I'm over making excuses for our terrible recruiting the past ten years. We need to start recruiting our own stars and stop picking the bones off the other clubs. Looks at clubs like Geelong with names like Johnson, Selwood, Stokes, Enwright, Corey, Mackie, Taylor just to name a few was from fantastic recruiting. Even the Hawks with Franklin, Roughhead, Lewis, Hodge and Mitchell are out and out stars have all come from their recruiting!
Why chase players like Delaney? Pro bobbly a good reason he wasn't getting a game at North. Just not good enough!
We have failed dismally and we need to fix this first and foremost rather than draft 28 + year olds to maybe play ok footy for a couple of years.
We need to develop our own powerhouse and be the envy of the opposition instead of the other way round.
F that!
I want a f@(king dynasty!

Does 'very close' mean it's still not certain he is coming? Or is it just what we have to give that is still up for discussion?

Would hate for the Dogs to get him. He wants to be a blue.

Read somehere today that Carlton want an exchange of third round picks. Think this could be the sticking point.

Don't mind us having a crack at trying to move up six places in the draft order.

Same.
Club might as well get the most out of deal, particularly when Docherty is out of contract and he has nominated Carlton as his preferred destination.

Same.
Club might as well get the most out of deal, particularly when Docherty is out of contract and he has nominated Carlton as his preferred destination.
I thought #28 was a steal.
Docherty and #41 for #28 and #47?
Brisbane would be sick to death of us if something like that got through!

Guys!
I think we have to stop having these fantasies about players from other clubs.
I'm over making excuses for our terrible recruiting the past ten years. We need to start recruiting our own stars and stop picking the bones off the other clubs. Looks at clubs like Geelong with names like Johnson, Selwood, Stokes, Enwright, Corey, Mackie, Taylor just to name a few was from fantastic recruiting. Even the Hawks with Franklin, Roughhead, Lewis, Hodge and Mitchell are out and out stars have all come from their recruiting!
Why chase players like Delaney? Pro bobbly a good reason he wasn't getting a game at North. Just not good enough!
We have failed dismally and we need to fix this first and foremost rather than draft 28 + year olds to maybe play ok footy for a couple of years.
We need to develop our own powerhouse and be the envy of the opposition instead of the other way round.
F that!
I want a f@(king dynasty!

Geelong have probably been the master of the draft and then development of players, but don't under estimate what the father son selections did for them. Under current rules they wouldn't have got selwood or bartel; take those two out and we have a whole different proposition. Lets not forget they traded their then captain out for a young cam mooney and no doubt some picks. They traded for Tom Harley, they traded for brad ottens. All integral parts of their premiership sides.

Sydney, target needs and trade for it; Kennedy, mcglynn, Richards, shaw, matner, etc; all out of favour when swans picked them up.

Hawthorn made a huge call in early 2000's to trade out croad and mcpharlin; end up with hodge, Lewis and Mitchell.

Totally agree we need to draft our own and develop, but trading is just as important.

But as dick once said, don't get the best available, get the best. We need to target players and get them, not just chase the players that want out.

I hope Thomas is the first of a number of key signings in the next couple of years.

Geelong have probably been the master of the draft and then development of players, but don't under estimate what the father son selections did for them. Under current rules they wouldn't have got selwood or bartel; take those two out and we have a whole different proposition. Lets not forget they traded their then captain out for a young cam mooney and no doubt some picks. They traded for Tom Harley, they traded for brad ottens. All integral parts of their premiership sides.

Sydney, target needs and trade for it; Kennedy, mcglynn, Richards, shaw, matner, etc; all out of favour when swans picked them up.

Hawthorn made a huge call in early 2000's to trade out croad and mcpharlin; end up with hodge, Lewis and Mitchell.

Totally agree we need to draft our own and develop, but trading is just as important.

But as dick once said, don't get the best available, get the best. We need to target players and get them, not just chase the players that want out.

I hope Thomas is the first of a number of key signings in the next couple of years.
I get the point you're making, just that hawthorn drafted lewis in 2004, not in the 2001 super draft.

This isn't quite accurate.
Mooney (along with picks) was compensation for Norf poaching Leigh Colbert, it wasn't Geelong looking for a trade.
Cats would have still gotten Bartel, as nobody would have bid for Ablett in the top 7.
The biggest F/S coup was Scarlett, although obviously Tomahawk was huge too.

I get the point you're making, just that hawthorn drafted lewis in 2004, not in the 2001 super draft.
Are yes, you seem to be correct.

Having a quick look at the Colbert trade, cats got mooney and enright out of that trade, while also getting chapman for the Mansfield trade with us.

Point is, we need to focus on all facets of recruitment; drafting, trading and moving on players for the better good of the club.

Are yes, you seem to be correct.

Having a quick look at the Colbert trade, cats got mooney and enright out of that trade, while also getting chapman for the Mansfield trade with us.

Point is, we need to focus on all facets of recruitment; drafting, trading and moving on players for the better good of the club.

I like the way you are thinking, do you have any ideas on a trade you'd like the Blue boys to try and pull off before the trade deadline? Would you go for another gun mid, forward, or back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back